Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Can We Expect New "chassis"

Sarnir

For out frames, we have alternate helms and skins but will we ever get new chassis, so to speak. If I recall it was mentioned on a prime time/dev q&a maybe? What do you guys... and gals, think should be the first frame to receive a new body type entirely? My vote goes to rid Trin-trin of that god-awful lobster crapace (intentional misspelling of carapace) skirt. Let's all share! I'm bored. 

It may or may not count... but that Proto-Excalibur skin may have been the first of many.

EDIT: Also... how dare you insult Trinity. She is beautiful.

If by beautiful you mean they need to redo her cloth animations than yes.

It may or may not count... but that Proto-Excalibur skin may have been the first of many.

EDIT: Also... how dare you insult Trinity. She is beautiful.

I love her too, but she's got to do something about lobster skirt, I'd prefer it just be removed and she can run around like Saryn with her shapely bum out. Also why is it that when link flashes it only goes up to her butt? Is it just so huge that link gets lost in it? The world may never know... I truly hope the proto skin is the first of many, it's really something refreshing to think about. 

If by beautiful you mean they need to redo her cloth animations than yes.

Redo indicates that there are cloth animations for them to work on. There aren't. Trinity currently has no cloth animations, therefore there is nothing to redo. Trinity is beautiful, and she'll be even more beautiful when they manage to add her physics.

Redo indicates that there are cloth animations for them to work on. There aren't. Trinity currently has no cloth animations, therefore there is nothing to redo. Trinity is beautiful, and she'll be even more beautiful when they manage to add her physics.

I'm confused by the first 2 statements. So is that a Yes and a No ?

says the person with a Valkyr avatar.

Don't think there is much money for the time required in selling model modifications to an old existing frame. Other than quicker easier skins in bulk.

The anniversary Excalibur skin was likely testing the market, specially when advertised as limited availability.

I wouldn't expect much from it though. Brand new faces grab attention far better then revising the old for a ftp. Even if the frame turns out to be sub par.

I actually think all of the older frames definitely need this, they don't fit visually well with the newer frames like Vauban, Valkyr, Zephyr, Hydroid. The newer frames are much more intricate and detailed. For instance, Rhino is kinda like a fat shell bug with little detail at all, he's smooth all around just like Excalibur. 

Speaking of, what do you call an Excalibur in a cryo pod? Excaliburrrrrr

Puns. They run in my veins.

They're probably going to add in skins for frames that alter them more, similar to Proto Excalibur. 

It might be interesting if they smoothed out Trinity's lobster skirt so it's more like an actual skirt, rather than just removing it because more people want to stare at &#! while they shoot things. I feel like it fits with her design pretty well as-is, it'd be kind of odd for her to have nothing there when the rest of her is covered in padding. As for Link they definitely need to mess with that some, it seems to be eaten by her skirt entirely.

It's that donk dude, it simply devours the link energy.

Don't think there is much money for the time required in selling model modifications to an old existing frame. Other than quicker easier skins in bulk.

The anniversary Excalibur skin was likely testing the market, specially when advertised as limited availability.

I wouldn't expect much from it though. Brand new faces grab attention far better then revising the old for a ftp. Even if the frame turns out to be sub par.

Really? Cosmetics are the lifeforce of F2P games. If future alternate models were only 100p instead of 150p, they would sell a lot more. That and they wouldn't be limited-edition. I think the 150p price put a lot of people off.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Exactly, that's why we can't uncover it, it would devour everyone's energy. People complain about the lobster skirt but really it's the only thing protecting them.

A friend tried to look underneath once, I haven't seen him since last year. I think he disappeared along with the grineer ship. That skirt might just be the strongest shield in the universe.

Really? Cosmetics are the lifeforce of F2P games. If future alternate models were only 100p instead of 150p, they would sell a lot more. That and they wouldn't be limited-edition. I think the 150p price put a lot of people off.

The thing is. Only DE has the numbers. If its viable, they will do it.

But I see as this: adding skin patterns is one thing. Changing the geometry and art is getting pretty involved. For 100plat The same effort in a new body type could be in a completely new frame for almost triple the plat as they know people are willing to buy as full frame prices have changed little.

My evidence is, when was the last weapon skin that changed the model geometry unrelated to a seasonal event (candy cane)?

A whole new modeled weapon 150plat

A whole new modeled skin for a old weapon 75plat

A single new pattern overlay on 13 different weapons for 25plat each

I just see it as being a very rare occurrence for the poster child of warframe.

Edited by Firetempest