Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Heavily Armored Means What?

BloodArmoredApostle

Frost is a slow (not justified) and relatively squishy Warframe that is able to utilize offensive and defensive skills (Snowglobe) to both his own and his team's advantage. He commands furious blizzards (snow that &!$$es enemies off even more and leaves you open to being slaughtered. Avalanche) that pummel (briefly stuns) and freeze (for up to 12secs/300 dmg to health WHAT!? and no AOE?) his enemies while providing respite and solace (pft) for his allies.

Frost is not heavily armored in comparison to other warframe. You have Zephyr who has utility and damage mitigation by a much better means than frost plus she can have 1290 shields nad 860 health as frost which is redics.

Valkyr takes the cake by having 1260 (armor rating with a maxed steel fiber)????!!! so really shes the heavily armored warframe here in the game.

I mean this is valkyrs descript:

Valkyr is the most heavily-armored Warframe (sorry but its true) of Warframes and joined the Tenno cause in Update 11. Driven by feral rage, her attacks rend her prey with fury and ferociousness, while her tortured cries break the imposing silence of the Tenno presence.

I mean you have zephyr who can match shield and his health and overthrow his utility, and even provide better defense for defense objectives and she even has a PASSIVE!

I say in order for frost to be a viable warframe with his relative slowness. Give him more shields 1500 shields and max armor buff of 850 (with steel fiber-this would justify his damned slowness) and more armor SINCE he is a heavily-armored Warframe.

Remove this right here...just freaking remove this i hate that they ever implemented this right here ( the one in bold bullets/line through it need to freaking go!):

• Deals 150 / 225 / 275 / 350
    18px-Cold_b.png Cold damage to a single target, freezing the target for a duration of 5 / 7 / 12 / 12 seconds.
  • Can perform headshots.
  • Has a cast delay of about 0.6 seconds.
  • Frozen enemies do not regenerate shields.
  • Frozen state ends if the enemy receives ~ 300 health damage.
  • May be cast on the same enemy twice, restarting the freeze timer.
  • Multiple enemies may be frozen with additional casts. (insta death freeze per target/doesn't kill bosses only freezes for 12secs.)
  • Lasts for the full duration on the Jackal, even if shot. While frozen this will block limb damage.
  • Can be used while jumping, sliding, clinging to a wall or executing a front flip.

How about adding it to be a AOE freeze ability utility or.....making this ability scale as a single target FREEZE KILL ability so he can freaking scale!!!! Instead we want to hid behind nice old

igloo_Cantwell_Alaska.jpg

Look here just add this:

• Deals 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1500
    18px-Cold_b.png Cold damage to all enemies within a 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meter radius. Briefly blinds, then freezes enemies for 1 second before damaging them.
    • Damage is affected by Power Strength.
    • Radius is affected by Power Range.
    • The blind phase staggers enemies backwards. As such, this may push them out of the radius of the freeze phase and they will not receive any damage.
    • Blind or freeze duration is not affected by Power Duration mods.
    • Blind and Freeze duration IS affected by Power Duration mods. aka 2/4/6/9
    • Enemies that enter the area after the blind phase can still be frozen from the freeze phase.
  • Has a cast time of ~2.4 seconds and an after cast delay of ~0.75 seconds.
  • Can be activated when sliding, but not while in the air.

Edited:

and give frost/prime 1500 (max) shields and 950 (max) health and a armor boost to 750 (max). Then the power changes above then we can call frost a heavily armored warframe worth equipping.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

here here ! 

take all the plus 1s ALLL OF THEMMM !!!everyone.gif

this is the frost i want, the slow moving armored battle mage that actually freezes his enemies solid

not a static defensive frame but a slow moving yet mobile force of defence and soft crowd control / moderate damage

Frost is not "relatively squishy" and does not need any of these buffs.

justify his slow speed then...and his non-usefulness atm to a certain degree....im sorry but Frost isn't a GUN MAGE.

give us a ability that can kill respectively. I gave not a AOE room killer a ability that takes skill and precision to use.

He shields/health/armor are a necessity because nearly 3 frames match him. He isn't a heavily armored warframe anymore. Valkyr defeats that logic. Frost doesn't fit a heavily armored warframe descript. So, explain your logic please.

Frost is useful and Frost's slow speed doesn't need any particular justification. All of the 190 armor non-prime frames have reduced speed. Valkyr has more armor and better speed, but she has serious trade-offs in exchange.

Only a handful of frames have worthwhile direct damage abilities. Avalanche isn't that bad as far as ultimates go, and Snow Globe is still the only power that does anything like what it does.

Frost has the second highest armor rating of any frame and three times the shielding of Valkyr. He's not the most durable frame in the game, but he is certainly up there.

Frost is useful and Frost's slow speed doesn't need any particular justification. All of the 190 armor non-prime frames have reduced speed. Valkyr has more armor and better speed, but she has serious trade-offs in exchange.

Only a handful of frames have worthwhile direct damage abilities. Avalanche isn't that bad as far as ultimates go, and Snow Globe is still the only power that does anything like what it does.

Frost has the second highest armor rating of any frame and three times the shielding of Valkyr. He's not the most durable frame in the game, but he is certainly up there.

so what other ability's can you use besides 3 on t3 enemy levels. Don't tell me 1 cuz ur mobbed at that point. don't tell me 2 because you are either dead at that point or taking too much damage to you are health.

If you successfully explain how to mitigate damage as frost without casting 3 after you engage level 24 enemies. Then, by all means continue. 

Yea, to move that slow he does need a armor buff sorry. His snow globe isn't mobile, and that's 3 downside plus it scales with armor. So really give him better armor. Along with a 1st ability that can 1 kill a target by freezing him to a Kelvin state (again doesn't work on bosses merely freezes them 12secs.)

so what other ability's can you use besides 3 on t3 enemy levels.

The problem of powers not scaling is not limited to Frost.

Frosts abilities actually scale better than most because they can freeze enemies in place.

If you successfully explain how to mitigate damage as frost without casting 3 after you engage level 24 enemies. Then, by all means continue. 

The same exact way everyone else does; by killing what's attacking you, with a weapon.

Yea, to move that slow he does need a armor buff sorry. His snow globe isn't mobile, and that's 3 downside plus it scales with armor. So really give him better armor. Along with a 1st ability that can 1 kill a target by freezing him to a Kelvin state (again doesn't work on bosses merely freezes them 12secs.)

Frost most certainly does not need an armor buff. 190 armor, plus other options to jack up further than any other frame except Valkyr, is already quite high, especially for a frame with that kind of shielding. The armor change you are advocating is totally absurd; it would make Frost far and away the best melee combat frame in the game. This frame has huge shields, high armor, the right polarities, and a large energy pool already.

The fact that his Snow Globe is not mobile should hint at the intended role of the power, and should explain why mobility is not Frosts thing.

Also, a twelve second freeze is huge.

The problem of powers not scaling is not limited to Frost.

Frosts abilities actually scale better than most because they can freeze enemies in place.

The same exact way everyone else does; by killing what's attacking you, with a weapon.

Frost most certainly does not need an armor buff. 190 armor, plus other options to jack up further than any other frame except Valkyr, is already quite high, especially for a frame with that kind of shielding. The armor change you are advocating is totally absurd; it would make Frost far and away the best melee combat frame in the game. This frame has huge shields, high armor, the right polarities, and a large energy pool already.

The fact that his Snow Globe is not mobile should hint at the intended role of the power, and should explain why mobility is not Frosts thing.

Also, a twelve second freeze is huge.

12 second freeze means nothing if damage to health is 300...so thats mute. Teammates undo that rather quickly, so im sure you have seen it what person with common sense uses his 1st ability much. It is a waste of energy when you can either channel it or cast a ice wave which that is limited as well. 

Plus what else does frost have. You mean to tell me that all frost is supposed to do is cast snowglobe when in a pickle? thats basically what your saying here. Snowglobe being mobile? I am not expounding on the fact it's immobile. The problem lies is that frost becomes a stationary warframe. Bound to standing behind a snowglobe. I am sorry, but give him more armor so he can take more punishment. So, you believe that valkyr's speed and 1260 armor is not a issue?

Sorry, but I clearly stated Zephyr can already outshine frost at defense clearly. It is true, and I see more Zephyrs than frost even in defense. Frost should be able to take more punishment period shields/a bit of a armor buff, and moderate CC. Rhino fans I am sure will flame bate the topic. It is not just about you "thinking one way". If a warframe is limited to only one style of play that is not "Warframe". This is by how the majority build frost. 

Sorry, but valkyr makes frost look like a zebra. I mean he doesn't have a specific edge at anything. Please tell me anything that frost does..another warframe can't do much better than he can....frost just ultimately sucks at keeping his own at being a heavily built warframe. His speed doesn't match the descript.

Your absurd is the kind like what I can't see this happening type. It wouldn't make frost a better melee warframe...uh cuz valkyr still has something frost doesn't hysteria.

He shields/health/armor are a necessity because nearly 3 frames match him. He isn't a heavily armored warframe anymore. Valkyr defeats that logic. Frost doesn't fit a heavily armored warframe descript. So, explain your logic please.

Heavily =/= Heaviest.

Please don't talk about logic, it's offensive to people who adhere to actual logic.

Let's talk about real logic, shall we?

You complain about Shields, despite Frost having rather high shields. He has the same capacity as Volt in both shields and Energy, and is only 10% slower. Now, I know you're very busily making whatever exaggerated comparisons you can, to blow it out of proportion and make Frost seem weak, feeble, squishy, etc. But no. Reality disagrees. What you continue to call "logic" is just whining, tantamount of a child complaining when he doesn't have everything.

Does Valkyr have more armor than you? Does Zephyr have more base health? We know this, because you're stamping your feet and throwing a fit about it. But does Valkyr have one third of Frost's shields? Why, yes she does, but I don't see that mentioned in your surprisingly selective "comparison". Does Zephyr have only 15 armor to protect that higher health? Why, yes she does, making her effective health less than Frost's.

Well gosh, if you look at more than one single, selective statistic and don't conveniently omit other relevant factors, your "logic" falls right apart! It's like you're not using logic at all, but just calling your whining "logic", insulting people with a more broad understanding and the basic capacity for real, actual logic, as opposed to your imaginary, tantrum logic.

-snip-

Sorry, but I clearly stated Zephyr can already outshine frost at defense clearly. It is true, and I see more Zephyrs than frost even in defense. Frost should be able to take more punishment period shields/a bit of a armor buff, and moderate CC. Rhino fans I am sure will flame bate the topic. It is not just about you "thinking one way". If a warframe is limited to only one style of play that is not "Warframe". This is by how the majority build frost. 

Considering that she will die without turbulence makes this a null point. Like Volt and his electric shield. Zephyr is also only better with tornado, and spamming your Ult over and over isn't exactly easy besides on ED or survival missions.

Let's talk about real logic, shall we?

You complain about Shields, despite Frost having rather high shields. He has the same capacity as Volt in both shields and Energy, and is only 10% slower. Now, I know you're very busily making whatever exaggerated comparisons you can, to blow it out of proportion and make Frost seem weak, feeble, squishy, etc. But no. Reality disagrees. What you continue to call "logic" is just whining, tantamount of a child complaining when he doesn't have everything.

Does Valkyr have more armor than you? Does Zephyr have more base health? We know this, because you're stamping your feet and throwing a fit about it. But does Valkyr have one third of Frost's shields? Why, yes she does, but I don't see that mentioned in your surprisingly selective "comparison". Does Zephyr have only 15 armor to protect that higher health? Why, yes she does, making her effective health less than Frost's.

Well gosh, if you look at more than one single, selective statistic and don't conveniently omit other relevant factors, your "logic" falls right apart! It's like you're not using logic at all, but just calling your whining "logic", insulting people with a more broad understanding and the basic capacity for real, actual logic, as opposed to your imaginary, tantrum logic.

It not  a complaint 1....its a suggestion clearly by the OP.

Dont degrade the subject by the category of "whining". I figure if I was going to make a suggestion I would make the numbers make sense. Either make a suggestion, or dont post at all. Do me a favor. If you are going to make a counter post. Do so without degrading or derailing the subject to bring into line with what your saying. I can respect your post better that way than you clearly mocking a suggestion I merely made. I made my comparisons in perspective of what other build I have on several other warframes that clearly do the job better.

Derailing the subject to make your point. I dont even read past derailment. Make your counter suggestion or opinion without degrading the subject, and I can read your post with respect to it. I won't entice your post with that said.

Heavily =/= Heaviest.

Please don't talk about logic, it's offensive to people who adhere to actual logic.

Adhere to logic..your funny. Logic is merely a word you throw around to justify a way of thinking. Logic can be twisted in ones perspective or not in the other. This is your opinion...fact. Degradation is not appreciated in this post. if you are going to continue down that path. Then don't post here. I would appreciate it.

Considering that she will die without turbulence makes this a null point. Like Volt and his electric shield. Zephyr is also only better with tornado, and spamming your Ult over and over isn't exactly easy besides on ED or survival missions.

Then whats your build then? I'm curious. Snipping what I said to point out that she has a low armor value doesn't take away my point she is more effective. I can use Zephyr in the same fashion and get better results than frost which is a fact. Use a similar build on zephyr as you do frost. Then tell me which is more effective. She is..clearly.

Frost is not "relatively squishy" and does not need any of these buffs.

Also:

and give frost/prime 1500 shields and 950 max health and a amor boost to 850. Then the power changes above then we can call frost a heavily armored warframe worth equipping.

Is this a joke?

Edited by Vargras

Im going to counter this with two words as far as armor and speed goes......Rhino/Prime

not a joke...adjust or make a suggestion. That would be better than saying is it a joke rather. Is your reply a joke?

You want to give a balanced warframe the highest health and shield values by a mile, as well as an armor value that is barely second to the warframe with the lowest shields. It's impossible to take it seriously, because there's no way any developer with a sense of balance would ever implement it.

You want to give a balanced warframe the highest health and shield values by a mile, as well as an armor value that is barely second to the warframe with the lowest shields. It's impossible to take it seriously, because there's no way any developer with a sense of balance would ever implement it.

if the exact numbers dont make sense. Adjust them to fit. What? You believe just because I made a suggestion (approx.) that its the final idea of what I think? That is just a idea. Under the circumstances, frost has to stick out somehow other than duck and hide behind a snowglobe when it gets rough. That is what you call perfectly balanced. Duck and cover=Gears of War playstyle.

I dont mind taking cover, but hiding behind 1 ability is limiting. I don't use 3 all that much. Give his 1st ability to actually freeze kill his target other than bosses then I have something to use energy for than 3. I don't use 4 because its $&*&*#(%&. I might use 2 to slow enemies, but thats a STRONG MIGHT.

Frost has no utility. No real utility, and thats balance. Since bleed procs are menacing enough. Giving him more armor is a problem. The game is heading towards endgame content. With the number of enemies increased in void missions its not just about popping 3... You need to be versatile. Move, fire, and have abilities that scale with utility and actually allow you to progress with skill...frost lack luster is this very fault.

if the exact numbers dont make sense. Adjust them to fit. What? You believe just because I made a suggestion (approx.) that its the final idea of what I think? That is just a idea. Under the circumstances, frost has to stick out somehow other than duck and hide behind a snowglobe when it gets rough. That is what you call perfectly balanced. Duck and cover=Gears of War playstyle.

Frost has the armor, health, shields, and skills to have plenty of survivability. If you are unable to use the current skills to your advantage, as well as the mechanics available to you (I.E. dodging, blocking, sprinting, sliding), that is not an issue with the frame. There's plenty of folks who do just fine with Frost, and there's really no reason to change him at all (aside from maybe Freeze, and that's it).

There's more important fish to fry when we've got Ash, Banshee, Saryn, Nekros, and Oberon in the game.