The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Stat Helms Gives Older Players Yet Another Advantage

So because I did not get the Rhino Vanguard helmet before the update today, I can never get that 25% speed boost? Sad day...

You can trade for it...just like Prime Chamber and Event mods.

What a load of hogwash.

Well that hogwash was exactly what DE was thinking.

Why we aren't implementing a new Mod Slot for Helms:

It's a great idea, and we've heard a lot of proposals for it. However, it requires time, commitment, testing, balance, and most importantly, it does not fit with our current vision for cosmetic items. The goal of this change is to remove stats from helms, not add more.

Edited by FateZero

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

I always love those threads [even though I want Excal too :P]

Founder weapons are overrated; and are antiquated when juxtaposed to more contemporary weaponry, and frames. I know many founders who discarded them for drastically better alternatives. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Probably already said, but the problem is that they sold them for platinum. It's unfair to the players that spent the money to not get to keep the stats (otherwise a mass refund would be insane to coordinate).

option 2. remove stats from all helmets including people who had them before.  this hurts older players but helps game balance. you could always compensate players per helmet though that would suck as that is a lot of plat flooding the market ( maybe make it untradable play?)

No.

Break game balance because of this helmets stats?

No.

There are different types of people:

(A) Ones that enjoy the state helms despite their trade offs and hideous looks.

(B) The ones that are like the above but like the looks too (or not) and think the stat trade-offs are fair and therefore will use it (or not).

( C ) Then there are the ones who actually find the helms just hideous and won't wear them, because as was said, are hideous despite the stats (or don't care for the trade-offs because they're spoiled)

I guess I'm one of the one's that picked the last one ( C ). Although I'm also a bit of a collector when I can collect them, as well, so it just sits on my inventory collecting moth balls and dust.

Edited by VoidWraith

Why is this thread still going. Can we please lock these stupid threads that are literally the same back and forth arguments over an issue already decided on by DE.

Is the community not allowed to give feedback on something just because it has already happened or been changed? I wouldn't exactly disagree with the "back and forth arguments" part, but the community, as "beta testers," are almost expected - and intended - to do that. (Many don't even give feedback, but hey, this is open beta. It's not like we're being paid; in fact, we're paying them.) Let the community state their opinion; if the thread gets locked we'll just end up with another, one without all these opinions already stated; a clean slate for everyone to repeat themselves a 6th time.

Is the community not allowed to give feedback on something just because it has already happened or been changed? I wouldn't exactly disagree with the "back and forth arguments" part, but the community, as "beta testers," are almost expected - and intended - to do that. (Many don't even give feedback, but hey, this is open beta. It's not like we're being paid; in fact, we're paying them.) Let the community state their opinion; if the thread gets locked we'll just end up with another, one without all these opinions already stated; a clean slate for everyone to repeat themselves a 6th time.

I mean.

I don't know if you noticed, but there are 10 pages of feedback. In this topic alone.

And I know this is...uhhh...whoever's topic, but it's not unique, and there are many like it. And they all have the same tired, stupid arguments in them that get thoroughly debunked.

If you were concerned about not having a chance to provide feedback, your concern has been addressed. There have been pages upon pages of feedback, and it has gotten to the point where it's the same 5 people going back and forth in an endless conflict of wills.

If DE has any changes to make, they've gotten the necessary feedback already. Making this thread 11 pages isn't going to help. And making a new thread won't help. And necro'ing an old thread won't help.

Because literally everything you'd say has been said before

Well that hogwash was exactly what DE was thinking.

Why we aren't implementing a new Mod Slot for Helms:

It's a great idea, and we've heard a lot of proposals for it. However, it requires time, commitment, testing, balance, and most importantly, it does not fit with our current vision for cosmetic items. The goal of this change is to remove stats from helms, not add more.

Indeed it was, unfortunately.

Well, I guess this means I can make a massive profit by selling the arcane helms I have when they become extremely rare with age.  No skin off my nose.

Indeed it was, unfortunately.

Well, I guess this means I can make a massive profit by selling the arcane helms I have when they become extremely rare with age.  No skin off my nose.

Profit numbs the feelings.

Veterans in any game (and in any thing, in fact) will always have an advantage, one way or another. 

Honestly, in the realm of game-breaking changes, statless helmets are just a minor issue. Now, if for some reason they phase out the Soma the way they phased out the Gorgon...

I mean.

I don't know if you noticed, but there are 10 pages of feedback. In this topic alone.

And I know this is...uhhh...whoever's topic, but it's not unique, and there are many like it. And they all have the same tired, stupid arguments in them that get thoroughly debunked.

If you were concerned about not having a chance to provide feedback, your concern has been addressed. There have been pages upon pages of feedback, and it has gotten to the point where it's the same 5 people going back and forth in an endless conflict of wills.

If DE has any changes to make, they've gotten the necessary feedback already. Making this thread 11 pages isn't going to help. And making a new thread won't help. And necro'ing an old thread won't help.

everyone thinks they got the argument thats gonna sway the cause back to their side. Just let it go already. It is done

Some of the helmet stats are very huge.  +25% duration is massive and almost offsets a maxed mod.  +25% speed is no different.  +25% range is not as powerful but still a very good bonus.  Anyway, when a helmet's stats can equal a mod or at least save using one (+15% efficiency) then it provides a significant advantage.

I mean.

I don't mean to be rude, but why not ignore the thread? In most cases I'd understand why that's a dumb thing to say, but this thread clearly doesn't concern you based on what you've said: There is nothing to see here if everything there is to say has been said already, and if it's not becoming more relevant from the restatements, no actions will be taken that have any affect on you.

There is no reason to lock this thread unless rules are being broken. There is nothing forcing you to come here, and from what you've said, there is nothing of interest here for you anyway. Clearly, nothing will change.

This forum is filled with people restating things all over the place: How much many hate the RNG walls, how many wish rhino was or wasn't OP, etc. These threads have popped up numerous times and never have I seen one been locked because it was a "rhino thread" or something. This thread and any on the same subject aren't special cases.

Shutting people up on something many may have a strong opinion on just because "it's all been said before" is the kind of action that would heavily limit the game's ability to improve. Nobody can truly determine when all ideas have been thrown out the window. It's not unheard of for DE to get fantastic ideas dug deep in one of hundreds of feedback threads: I've seen it a couple times in the last month or two alone, though I have no evidence of that on hand, so take that as you will.

I'm not arguing that there is any more arguments on the plate: I'm not saying any of this because I "missed my chance to give feedback," in fact, I did give my 2 cents already. I'm merely arguing the point that the thread doesn't deserve to be locked any more than other threads. The point in which we start locking hot topics because "it's all been said before" is the moment they lose some of the best advice they may ever get on important aspects of the game. They can't do that. They can't even prove it has all been said before. None of what I'm saying has to do with this topic, you may even be right, maybe it has "all been said", but we cannot treat this topic that way without treating all similar cases the same way.