Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Hysteria Details Are Wrong?

GAME_PRO24X

THIS APPLYES TO THE WARFRAME WIKI, PLEASE GO READ UP ABOUT VALKYRS HYSTERIA SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING.

I didnt mean to sound harsh but I needed to get your attention, I want apologize that this topic is alot to read but I put in alot of research into it and sorted all the bs out for you so you can have an easier time reading this and hopefully give me the answers im loooking for. Thank You.

Ok so Ive been doeing alot of math and research and noticed some things are wrong with the details about Hysteria and i have questions about certain things about it.

So first off heres a segment under the Tips&Tricks tab that should be looked over:

Power Strength (Intensify, Blind Rage), Steel Charge, and melee weapon mods that affect base damage, critical chance, and critical damage directly increase Hysteria's damage output.

Now what I noticed was, nothing was mentiond in that description on how they got 496 on Dual Ichors. So I did alot of math and realized that this number "496" can only be achieved if every player in the team has Steel Charge. I was under the impression that this tab was describing YOU individually. see heres how it breaks down. Dual Ichors with the mods Pressure Point (120% melee damage), Spoiled Strike (100% melee damage), and Steel Charge (60% melee damage) MAXED all adds up to 280% melee damage. and with Dual Ichors that has a base of 35 toxic the end result is 133 Damage. Now If everyone on your team had a maxed Steel Charge that percentage would total up to 460% and the end of that result Dual Ichors has 196!!!

Now do the math Hysteria has a base of 300 + your melee weapon's damage (all mods youve placed on your melee weapon's total damage) If its just you its 300 + 133 = 433 and in a team of Steel Charge is 300 + 196 = 496!!! So theyre you have it I believe you should have a note stateing that 496 is your total if your team has Steel Charge, if not others will believe that if your by yourself Dual Ichor boosts Hysteria to 496 when in reality it is 433.

Now this brings me to my second Statement:

All attacks deal 300 base damage + 125% / 140% / 160% / 175% of your melee weapon's normal attack damage.

As you can see it states that xxx% of your melees "damage" is applied to Hysteria's output. Going off of the Solo person (the 133 damage Dual Ichors) if you do the math isnt 175% of 133  = 367.75? because again it also states below it that all the melee mods that buffed your melee weapon also buff Hysteria. So in actuallity having The mentiond Dual Ichors above youll have 300 (Hysterias base) + 367 (melee multiplyer) = 667 total damage (excluding crits and such). So im confused because in that little note it looks like you simply added Dual Ichors total damage on top of Hysteria's base damage equalling to 433 (solo Dual Ichors 133 + 300)(with the previous description its total was 496 due to team Steel Charge's Dual Ichor 196 + 300).

And another thing I wanna bring up is If you decide to maximize Power Strength, that multiplyer is increased to 4. So if thats the case then in team Steel Charges Dual Ichor (196 * 400%) + Hysteria (300) combo would really be 1,280 damage a punch!!!??? and with my Solo data that would be 133 * 400 + 300 = 965 damage a punch. Am I wrong or not? because again it doesnt look like you added the Melee Multiplyer to the Dual Ichors at all, you just took the total damage Dual Ichors dishes out with the 3 mods mentiond and simply added it to Hysteria's base.

on to my next segment:

All attacks deal 300 base damage + 125% / 140% / 160% / 175% of your melee weapon's normal attack damage.

Now because Dual Ichors ONLY has 35 Toxic damage its easy to add everything up since impact, puncture, and slash do not apply to it. So what if you had a weapon that did? Lets Take Dual Zoren for example:

Dual Zoren has 30 Physical damage and that includes 1.5 Impact, 1.5 Puncture, and 27 Slash (of course totaling to 30 Physical)

Now when it said "final distribution is distributed evenly between Impact, Puncture, and Slash" what do you mean by that? does it add all of the 3 elements together (30 damage total) then apply the multiplyer? or does it individually add the multiplyer to each element and total that remainder? (does it add 175% to Impact resulting in 4.125, and the same for the others then add all of them up)

because if it does multiply each indiviual elemnt then the total damage output would be:

Impact: 1.5 * 175 = 4.125

Puncture: 1.5 * 175 = 4.125

Slash: 27 * 175 = 74.25

TOTAL: 82.5 Damage (this is unmodded Dual Zoren)

So which is it? is it multiplying the 30 Physical damage or multiplying each Element and adding those up together totalling it to 82.5 then adding the multiplyer to that number? because if it is just multiplying the Physical damage then it would be similar to Dual Ichors but it describes that all these elements play a part in this and again Dual Ichors only has Toxic. and if it is multiplying each element, then multiplying the total outcome, wouldnt Dual Zoren (82.5 * 175% = 226.875) be much stronger than Dual Ichors (35 * 175 = 133)? Also if it does multiply each element then mods that increase slash, impact, and punture would extremly increase that even further. (dont get me started with the 4x multplyer due to max power strength)

Ive been up all night doing a S#&$ ton of math (I hate math I really do) but I know how to calculate percentages and again im just confused and are wondering if you guys didnt properly calculate Hysterias "True" potential. Please post back if you can I really want to get this settled so I can get back into making a Perfect Hysteria build for Valkyr.

If you feel that the math or info in the wiki is wrong, you can just edit it according to your observations.

TLDR; wiki sucks.

That's a rather bad generalization, considering that the wiki has a lot of info that you won't even find anywhere ingame, like the various numbers on abilities and some of their quirks that you may never notice.

Edited by LGear

I have no idea why you would put yourself through this crazy tl;dr of numbers and boring math when you could take Valkyr to Mercury and test it scientifically. Punch a Lancer, see how much damage it is, change your setup, repeat.

"175% of your melee weapon's normal attack damage." means a +75% dmg buff on your normal attack, and not a 175% dmg buff.

it states the total amount of dmg output added, not the buff that is add to your weapon and THEN added to hysteria

"175% of your melee weapon's normal attack damage." means a +75% dmg buff on your normal attack, and not a 175% dmg buff.

it states the total amount of dmg output added, not the buff that is add to your weapon and THEN added to hysteria

ok so whatever my weapon is totaled up (slash,impact,puncture combined) +75% correct? because again Ichors only has 35 toxic thats it, Zorens have all three of those elements.

ok so whatever my weapon is totaled up (slash,impact,puncture combined) +75% correct? because again Ichors only has 35 toxic thats it, Zorens have all three of those elements.

i was just pointing out a possible cause for your mismatch between game and math. about the three "elements" i have no idea how it calculates it. 

i was just pointing out a possible cause for your mismatch between game and math. about the three "elements" i have no idea how it calculates it. 

Oh ok, but yes your info did help me a bit and try to fix something but theyres still way to much i dont know and dont understand and of course one would do research but the wiki is the only place that has the numbers and again even those numbers dont look right. also if you max power strength that 1.75% turns into 4. so again i need to know whats its properly multiplying to see if either Ichors or Zoren is a better choice.