The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasted 100,000 On A *1-Time-Use* Specter.. Wthhh

SoggyCow

Jeez people think about the uses of them. Yeah they're a onetime use but dont use em in a two minute mission, they are truly designed for hour plus long survival or even high end defence missions. Instead of having a 4 man group you essentially get an 8 man squad to take on level 80+ enemies. Be smart about what you use em for not just everyday missions.

their about as cost effective and useful as extractors.

Not entirely. You build a set of extractors (number dependent on your mastery rank) and as long as you deploy them correctly you never need to build more unless your drone limit increases. They may not get you a lot of useful materials, but they are a one-time cost.

Spectres on the other hand, are usable once only, which means recurring costs. Even if it lasts for an entire hour long survival mission, they're considerably more expensive because if you want to keep using them they MUST be replaced.

Not entirely. You build a set of extractors (number dependent on your mastery rank) and as long as you deploy them correctly you never need to build more unless your drone limit increases. They may not get you a lot of useful materials, but they are a one-time cost.

Spectres on the other hand, are usable once only, which means recurring costs. Even if it lasts for an entire hour long survival mission, they're considerably more expensive because if you want to keep using them they MUST be replaced.

extractors for me are pure grade garbage that only collect garbage, ive not once got an orokin cell, great others have got lucky on the rng lottery but i havent so to me extractors are a waste of time, resources and credits, never used them in months and cant say im missing anything given that the only thing they "could" give me of use is cells.......... but they dont and havent so i dont bother.

spectre's imho are..... yet another 1/2 arsed bolt in feature that has no real value or place in game beyond a pointless gimmick, were getting too many disjointed additions to the game tbh, its no wonder your nearly forced to race to the wiki every recent addition to the game.

rails?...  currently pointless, gash boltin based on what we used to have which they removed then pretend is "new content".

rail conflict missions?... pathetic mini-void mission thats easily negated/speeded thru/ignored

earth?... weed/plant photography?  seriously...?

the codex?...  bad pokedex wannabe with no real use, 1 person can extract the stuff of worth (dmg stats) and upload to wiki which is vastly better.

vey hek?...  not a normal boss, hidden behind a time waste mechanic in ceres, also no challenge, just another mindless shoot till dead affair.

bound to have forgotten other additions that are singular/detached from the rest of the normal workings of the game which often require the user to run to the wiki to know wth is going on.

Tottally agree, unless you use the cheapest one for some basic help there is no point to them, its too expensive. I think if you make one it should remain there forever, up the cost if you want but let them be permanant. You get 10 summoning points, the higher the rank the more summoning cost. Then you need to wait 24 to refill them. You have to make a new ones if you want to switch warframe type (which btw I have yet to see them use skills anyway... Maybe it's just cosmetic.)

Come on, these guys cost as much if not more than sentinals.

Edited by Kurochikun

Is there any difference between the ranks, anyway? Health? Seems like if not, then you could make a bunch of Vapors instead. And if you're in a long Survival with a Trinity (SUBJECT TO CHANGE), then you'd just be better off using the cheaper ones anyway because everything is going to oneshot them past a certain point.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I don't think the point of specters is to net you money. As it stands I already have more credits than I can possibly use and I've only been playing the game for 300 hrs. Personally I like them and the idea of them. Sure they can use a few tweaks but they make solo'ing those high end mobile defenses and what not on the star map sooo much easier which seeing as how almost no one dose anything star map related any more that's pretty nice.

extractors for me are pure grade garbage that only collect garbage, ive not once got an orokin cell, great others have got lucky on the rng lottery but i havent so to me extractors are a waste of time, resources and credits, never used them in months and cant say im missing anything given that the only thing they "could" give me of use is cells.......... but they dont and havent so i dont bother.

spectre's imho are..... yet another 1/2 arsed bolt in feature that has no real value or place in game beyond a pointless gimmick, were getting too many disjointed additions to the game tbh, its no wonder your nearly forced to race to the wiki every recent addition to the game.

rails?...  currently pointless, gash boltin based on what we used to have which they removed then pretend is "new content".

rail conflict missions?... pathetic mini-void mission thats easily negated/speeded thru/ignored

the codex?...  bad pokedex wannabe with no real use, 1 person can extract the stuff of worth (dmg stats) and upload to wiki which is vastly better.

vey hek?...  not a normal boss, hidden behind a time waste mechanic in ceres, also no challenge, just another mindless shoot till dead affair.

bound to have forgotten other additions that are singular/detached from the rest of the normal workings of the game which often require the user to run to the wiki to know wth is going on.

You sound very bitter about a lot of things. I feel sorry for you. Let me try to help:

With extractors, you're not going to get rare resources without the use of distilling extractors. You might only get a couple returns per week, but if cells are all you need then thats your only option. Personally, I use the basic ones for polymer bundle right now so that I can make and use as many restores as I need, but you shouldn't think of extractors as a replacement for resource farming. They're at best a tool, not your sole source of resources.

Spectres ...  you ever play solo? I'm not one with such a bad connection that I can't connect to others, but I'm a bad host. Usually this means I end up soloing my void keys, for which spectres could be an expensive, but very useful resource. I'm sure there are plenty of others with similar problems (or with internet so bad that even joining another host is rarely feasible) for which spectres could be useful for T3 runs. Again, they are a tool. They're not meant to be cheap enough for use in every single mission.

Deploying Rails? No experience there.

Rail Conflicts? Actually, there are quite a few rare mods that are easily obtainable from Tenno Spectres. If you're missing any of them, it's a good way to obtain them. As far as "negated/speeded thru/ignored," most missions tend to be a bit of a speed run, though conflicts are interesting if you've paid attention. For instance, if you like good battlepay for the conflict, supporting Eclipse might be worth it for you. If you're prefer the Dark Sector itself to not be taxed so highly, then you support their opponents like I do. It may not be your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it's as bad as you say it is.

Earth? i suppose it was a design choice, but its nice to see a bit of variety. Back in the beginning, there was only one type of environment, and it's interesting to see some different ones. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other planets to play on.

The Codex? Sure, a wiki can replace it, but it's a good place to put lore for those who are interested in such things.

Vay Hek? As with many recent frames, the intent is that it take more than 2 hours to earn it start to finish. Unless you can't join the games of others you should be able to get a few runs by watching the recruiting channel. As for "no challenge," very few things ARE a challenge to someone used to playing T3 defense/survival past 40 minutes/40 waves. It'd be a bit hard to make it a challenge for us while still making it attainable for those newer to the game. That said, I think the prosecutors kinda fall in that category considering you need to have all four single elements available to be able to damage any possible prosecutor. I haven't farmed them for long (bad host means joining others' runs is considerably faster than soloing after farming for keys,) but it was interesting to set up to be able to kill any prosecutor.

Anything else you need tips on, just let me know.

If you hate the game so much, maybe you should quit haunting the forums and spend a little time in grammar school.

You sound very bitter about a lot of things. I feel sorry for you. Let me try to help:

With extractors, you're not going to get rare resources without the use of distilling extractors. You might only get a couple returns per week, but if cells are all you need then thats your only option. Personally, I use the basic ones for polymer bundle right now so that I can make and use as many restores as I need, but you shouldn't think of extractors as a replacement for resource farming. They're at best a tool, not your sole source of resources.

Spectres ...  you ever play solo? I'm not one with such a bad connection that I can't connect to others, but I'm a bad host. Usually this means I end up soloing my void keys, for which spectres could be an expensive, but very useful resource. I'm sure there are plenty of others with similar problems (or with internet so bad that even joining another host is rarely feasible) for which spectres could be useful for T3 runs. Again, they are a tool. They're not meant to be cheap enough for use in every single mission.

Deploying Rails? No experience there.

Rail Conflicts? Actually, there are quite a few rare mods that are easily obtainable from Tenno Spectres. If you're missing any of them, it's a good way to obtain them. As far as "negated/speeded thru/ignored," most missions tend to be a bit of a speed run, though conflicts are interesting if you've paid attention. For instance, if you like good battlepay for the conflict, supporting Eclipse might be worth it for you. If you're prefer the Dark Sector itself to not be taxed so highly, then you support their opponents like I do. It may not be your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it's as bad as you say it is.

Earth? i suppose it was a design choice, but its nice to see a bit of variety. Back in the beginning, there was only one type of environment, and it's interesting to see some different ones. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other planets to play on.

The Codex? Sure, a wiki can replace it, but it's a good place to put lore for those who are interested in such things.

Vay Hek? As with many recent frames, the intent is that it take more than 2 hours to earn it start to finish. Unless you can't join the games of others you should be able to get a few runs by watching the recruiting channel. As for "no challenge," very few things ARE a challenge to someone used to playing T3 defense/survival past 40 minutes/40 waves. It'd be a bit hard to make it a challenge for us while still making it attainable for those newer to the game. That said, I think the prosecutors kinda fall in that category considering you need to have all four single elements available to be able to damage any possible prosecutor. I haven't farmed them for long (bad host means joining others' runs is considerably faster than soloing after farming for keys,) but it was interesting to set up to be able to kill any prosecutor.

Anything else you need tips on, just let me know.

extractors just dont work well enough for me to bother, im just not lucky with them.

spectre's imho "might" have had a better place assisting low ranked players to grind their way thru the solar map or something, you mentioned solo play but tbh theres nothing i play solo where i would need a spectre when team restores could help just as much.

rails/conflicts/etc, nothing in there i need, at all.

earth, different tileset was nice, photographing plants when it all started via an event was tedious, still is and ive no need for the codex.

im 1 of the ones just waiting for some challenging endgame rather than little bolt-ins.

If you hate the game so much, maybe you should quit haunting the forums and spend a little time in grammar school.

Wow, that was so informative and relevant to the topic. You sure showed him.

QFT

As I stated before and up above:

DO NOT USE THEM IN MINUTE MISSIONS! Just because you can use them doesn't mean you should. They are a brand new mechanic that's got some nifty features and probably still have some bugs. Just because you didn't like the fact they are a 1 time use doesn't mean you should rip the entire games mechanics apart. Look at Void/Derelict/Vault keys, just because they take a while to make (Golem Assassination 1 hour) doesn't mean I should have a infinite key. I worked hard before the new drop tables to get my void keys. They are used in making vault keys now, you think I really wanted to give up my hard earned keys just to get a 1/4 shot of getting a corrupted mod?

Please really look at what your describing/complaining about then step back and look at it from a developer standpoint. Your incessant ranting/*@##$ing isn't going to get your specter back, just make you look like an &#!. Yeah they are costly but the rewards in high end Survival/Defense mission are sure worth the 700k+ I've invested in mine.

As I stated before and up above:

DO NOT USE THEM IN MINUTE MISSIONS! Just because you can use them doesn't mean you should. They are a brand new mechanic that's got some nifty features and probably still have some bugs. Just because you didn't like the fact they are a 1 time use doesn't mean you should rip the entire games mechanics apart. Look at Void/Derelict/Vault keys, just because they take a while to make (Golem Assassination 1 hour) doesn't mean I should have a infinite key. I worked hard before the new drop tables to get my void keys. They are used in making vault keys now, you think I really wanted to give up my hard earned keys just to get a 1/4 shot of getting a corrupted mod?

Please really look at what your describing/complaining about then step back and look at it from a developer standpoint. Your incessant ranting/*@##$ing isn't going to get your specter back, just make you look like an &#!. Yeah they are costly but the rewards in high end Survival/Defense mission are sure worth the 700k+ I've invested in mine.

so the only place they may be of help is in places you would personally struggle, as in high lvl def/surv, but are they really able to contribute once you hit the usual difficulty wall?

if they help when things get hard, then yeah ok fine, but if their only of use for stuff thats already faceroll then theres no real place for them, their like the first snowglobe change that introduced globe HP, made it ok for trivial stuff and useless for hard stuff where you actually want help.

I will say the few little aspects, which ... well decide for yourself if you want to waste your mats and credits for some phun.

First:

NO EXP UPON A SPECTER'S KILL!

Second:

They are truely demonstrating the true accuracy of a Heavy Caliber mod. THEY WON'T HIT A **** IN 50 METERS!

Third:

One time use only!

Fourth:

Only 1 at the same time usable.

Fifth:

High material and credit costs for that low price-performance.

Sixth:

No skills customizable. The only specter, which I would bother with would have been "Trinity" with "BLESSING". Equiped only that ability-mod to her, built the frame, and what is the Trinity-Specter using? LINK!!!

Seventh:

Cosmic Specter is useless. For that mod layout on your Warframe, Prim, Side, Melee, which YOU WON'T EVER DARE TO USE, will be the set up of the strongest Specter. Cut that out. He will be weak.

Other Specter Ranks will fit to your Mod-Scheme, but they will do a lot more less dmg than you would actually do. Why? Because of Specter Rank.

For me, it was a waste of materials and credits.

I have tested the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Specter.

They are pretty a prestige symbol, if you have a sidearm fighting for you, but that's it. They ain't that useful.

They won't totally cover the rescue mission, nor use or give their sidearm weapon to the Prisoner.

Their ammo usage is pretty aweful. They will literally waste a whole mag. for a single enemy.

Edited by Pacheon

I will say the few little aspects, which ... well decide for yourself if you want to waste your mats and credits for some phun.

First:

NO EXP UPON A SPECTER'S KILL!

Second:

They are truely demonstrating the true accuracy of a Heavy Caliber mod. THEY WON'T HIT A **** IN 50 METERS!

Third:

One time use only!

Fourth:

Only 1 at the same time usable.

Fifth:

High material and credit costs for that low price-performance.

Sixth:

No skills customizable. The only specter, which I would bother with would have been "Trinity" with "BLESSING". Equiped only that ability-mod to her, built the frame, and what is the Trinity-Specter using? LINK!!!

Seventh:

Cosmic Specter is useless. For that mod layout on your Warframe, Prim, Side, Melee, which YOU WON'T EVER DARE TO USE, will be the set up of the strongest Specter. Cut that out. He will be weak.

Other Specter Ranks will fit to your Mod-Scheme, but they will do a lot more less dmg than you would actually do. Why? Because of Specter Rank.

For me, it was a waste of materials and credits.

I have tested the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Specter.

They are pretty a prestige symbol, if you have a sidearm fighting for you, but that's it. They ain't that useful.

They won't totally cover the rescue mission, nor use or give their sidearm weapon to the Prisoner.

Their ammo usage is pretty aweful. They will literally waste a whole mag. for a single enemy.

when you say MOD setup, i assume you mean weapon selection given that spectre's dont inherit our frame/wpn mods at all and only use their own default npc setup.