Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tradable Brakk Parts, Detron Parts, Stalker Weapons

ATentacleMonster

Then I guess you ignored the other 5 or so no posts. And that's just because everyone else is sleep. I already have every weapon they have to give, so I could really care less. At the end of the day DE already said these parts will not become tradable, and a good majority agreed that they shouldn't be. You think because you have 2 people agreeing with you in this one little thread you have the majority support? might won't to rethink that. Trust me the amount of people against this is well..it isn't happening. And you keep farming stalker until you get something other than what you have, obviously. Just like everyone else does.

Edited by SoulDust

I understand that it is a valid arguement on making them tradable in a way the OP suggested, but there will always be players with NAT issues or anything similar that blocks them off from trade.

I'm more than certain there are people who play this solo and have a good time. Especially now that they can get an AI specter to help them out a bit.

Thus making this, which they work hard for, because of the challenge involved in soloing some of these guys, a bit unfair.

However, since these bosses are targeted towards a single player when they spawn, their drops could be made a bit more dynamic.

By that I mean, if the Stalkers target already has 1 of his 3 drops, then that 1 drop will reduce in drop chance and the reduced amount gets redistributed to the other 2 drops, thus making it a bit easier to get all 3 things. And, for instance, if you got the despair, but you only leveled and sold it, then after selling it, the "dynamic drop chance" would toggle despairs drop chance from the Stalker back to normal, because you are not in possession of it at that time.

It's a complex idea, but it's something I'd be more fine with.

This is a great idea! But sometimes people still have bad luck. I'm just trying to find away to compromise.

What would happen for groups though? Have any idea or suggestions?

Edited by TentacleMonster

If I recall this was already talked about. The reason it shouldn't happen is quite obvious. The current trading system already makes me gag and stalker drops being tradable makes me puke. People never cease to come up with ways to make everything in this already easy game easier.

This is a great idea! But sometimes people still have bad luck. I'm just trying to find away to compromise.

What would happen for groups though? Have any idea or suggestions?

Well as I stated in my post. The 3 hunters come after a single player. Thus, even if you have 3 others with you. If you are the target, then it only checks you for existing items.

Well as I stated in my post. The 3 hunters come after a single player. Thus, even if you have 3 others with you. If you are the target, then it only checks you for existing items.

Then it's just like the current system in my opinion, since teammates might have different parts

All this time wasted on forums you could have killed stalker or g3 and dropped what you needed already. Welp. RNG will always be a part of this game. I'm convinced that people that just want to trade with everything because they don't want to farm, should find another game. Yes it can take minutes to days to weeks. That's what this game was, is, and will be from start to finish.

Edited by SoulDust

All this time wasted on forums you could have killed stalker or g3 and dropped what you needed already. Welp. RNG will always be a part of this game. I'm convinced that people that just want to trade with everything because they don't want to farm, should find another game. Yes it can take minutes to days to weeks. That's what this game was, is, and will be from start to finish.

I mean I think this game is great but still, farming for 60+ hours feels kind of frustrating, not me personally but other people might have that problem

Then it's just like the current system in my opinion, since teammates might have different parts

That is true, but if it would consider the entire group (which first off, would probably be harder to implement). Then you may get a situation where, in total across the group, you have all 3 checked as "already owned". Now that would result in 1 of 2 things.

1. Most likely no change to the drops and they'd be at base value, because no redistributing will happen if all 3 are "already owned".

2. Well no system is perfect and it may infact derp-bug so that it reduces the chance to drop all of the parts, resulting in a potential moment where he doesn't drop anything. This is highly unlikely as it's more of a bug, than a direct outcome of the "dynamic drop chance system".

It took me a good two weeks to find the last detron part alone, I did not one bit of complaining or even fathomed one bit of a system that would make it easier.

Some people take way longer then two weeks to find the first Harvester spawn though. I got marked when I started this game like 2 months? ago doing my first invasion mission with a friend. Today was the first time I actually got the Harvester to spawn.

Why farm in warframe when you can just take the easy way out and trade. Question1:WHAT IS RNG Answer1: Working chat until you get what you want

my answer was "oh, you mean that thing that likes to f*** you over in every way possible?" I in fact would like this idea to happen because:

Stalker only comes every two months for me, and never drops anything and if by his 0.000000000000000000000000000001% chance to drop something he does, it's ALWAYS dread!

Harvesters only spawned once since his release due to invasions being as rare as potato alerts for me, and when he DID spawn he didn't drop anything

G3 have NEVER spawned for me despite having their mark since release.

So yes, RNG is a living hell filled with people you like to mock you for having terrible luck. RNG isn't challenge, it's pure luck, and not everyone has that.

my answer was "oh, you mean that thing that likes to f*** you over in every way possible?" I in fact would like this idea to happen because:

Stalker only comes every two months for me, and never drops anything and if by his 0.000000000000000000000000000001% chance to drop something he does, it's ALWAYS dread!

Harvesters only spawned once since his release due to invasions being as rare as potato alerts for me, and when he DID spawn he didn't drop anything

G3 have NEVER spawned for me despite having their mark since release.

So yes, RNG is a living hell filled with people you like to mock you for having terrible luck. RNG isn't challenge, it's pure luck, and not everyone has that.

Very direct way of saying what sometimes rng can be like =p

tl,dr. my verdict:

yes please, i got 2 full detrons to give away and nearly a full brakk for ma clannies (i did read the post...).

and don't listen to all those - how to put it - socially challenged people who think nobody "deserves" something when they didn't "work" for it (yea, i did the events...). it's a game, it's random, let's ease it a bit.

Edited by SlyBoots

tl,dr. my verdict:

yes please, i got 2 full detrons to give away and nearly a full brakk for ma clannies (i did read the post...).

and don't listen to all those - how to put it - socially challenged people who think nobody "deserves" something when they didn't "work" for it (yea, i did the events...). it's a game, it's random, let's ease it a bit.

I do agree in a way, trading is fun but there are limits to how much stuff you can trade. Yes it is annoying to farm a long time, and yes I understand you want to give the parts to others or sell them.. But I seen the trade chat get spammed with prime parts and thats pretty annoying for me because when i try to sell mods i dont need nobody seem to see do to prime parts/bp

Thats the reason I said no

that's good reasoning, cryptshade, trade channel is a mess. i think some people suggested some sort of system to automate trading so you can put your stuff up for a price and others can browse through all the offers, buy stuff and whoever sold gets the plat or whatever in return.

but yea, i sigh everytime people in our clan say they only need brakk bp or detron this... i wanna be able to give them missing stuff.

Edited by SlyBoots

Prime trading is enough, we need SOME weapons to be hard to obtain. People with 50 Ember Prime chassis can easily get the rest because someone, somewhere would be keen to get rid of their own 50 Ember Prime helmets. 

I see what you mean, but it's wrong, prime trading was sketchy enough as it is

that's good reasoning, cryptshade, trade channel is a mess. i think some people suggested some sort of system to automate trading so you can put your stuff up for a price and others can browse through all the offers, buy stuff and whoever sold gets the plat or whatever in return.

but yea, i sigh everytime people in our clan say they only need brakk bp or detron this... i wanna be able to give them missing stuff.

Yes i know how that is, I too wants to give my clan members the stuff they need that are not prime but cant, like Hydroid parts. That i can accept, trade normal frame parts. 

I flip flop on this issue, but I think IF we made these tradable we should do my suggestion from back when people wanted prime trading.

Link the trades to an achievement. Kill the Harvester three times, and you get the "Harvester becomes the Harvested" achievement. Having that achievement unlocks the ability to trade Detron parts. This is similar to your concept of only trading parts for parts, where you have to kill the target, but it doesn't screw people over if they get no drops and still keeps the lazy plat buyer out of the loop until they've done a minimum of gameplay. 

I think this is how all trading should work in an action/rpg type game like this.

hmm.. this is a good idea, do like 

Prime trading is enough, we need SOME weapons to be hard to obtain. People with 50 Ember Prime chassis can easily get the rest because someone, somewhere would be keen to get rid of their own 50 Ember Prime helmets. 

I see what you mean, but it's wrong, prime trading was sketchy enough as it is

Wrong. RNG is not Hard. You know what's hard? Managing to kill lvl 60 Stalker who spawned out of sight before he gibs you. You know what is not hard? Killing G3 trapped in Bastille and getting all 3 Brakk parts because you're lucky.

I got both Dread and Despair on my very first ever stalker kill. And it was easy as piss.

The sheer fact that not all BPs and parts are tradeable is absurd. Bring it all in line. All blueprints should be tradeable. If you can buy Boltor prime BP then there is NO reason you shouldn't be able to buy Detron BP for example.