The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Using Almost Every Melee Stance And Weapon, I Can Say For Certain That Fury Needs To Be Buffed.

Brynslustafir

For those who are unaware, Fury used to increase melee attack speed by 60% but got nerfed to 30% with the addition of melee 2.0. I thought it was fine at first, but I have now found that certain melee weapons that ought to be fast are now painfully slow. A single heat sword and the dual cleavers in particular are now so slow and sluggish that your sentinel is going to steal most of your kills if you try to use melee. In fact, they are now so slow that only Volt or Valkyr can make them useable. If we can just get Fury rebuffed to 60% or weapon speed stats rebalanced it would solve this problem. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Except that I don't like playing Valkyr. 

Besides, I shouldn't have to pop an ult to make a melee weapon useable. 

Bro, he is talk'n 'bout the rare mod, Berserker.

Maxed, it gives you around +25% melee attack speed for 29 seconds.

Except that I don't like playing Valkyr.

Besides, I shouldn't have to pop an ult to make a melee weapon useable. The farthest I'll go in that regard is using Volt for his speed.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker

Edit: ninja'ed

Edit2: Nope, your original post will be immortalized in this quote.

Bro, he is talk'n 'bout the rare mod, Berserker.

Maxed, it gives you around +25% melee attack speed for 29 seconds.

Actually Berseker can give up to +90% attack speed.

Edited by FateZero

ah, yes. I get names confused sometimes. 

Too bad berserker is only good on crit focussed weapons. 

or when you use ash's smokebomb or loki's invisibility.

but that still puts you in a spot where you need to rely on a very specific skill.

I kinda agree that the current fury is underwhelming to say the least. spoiled strike alone will all but cancel out the effects

I wouldn't mind if there was a middle ground of around 45% if DE is so adamant that 60% is too fast.

Or, if Quickening wasn't a complete piece of S#&$ and actually gave a decent speed boost for a whooping 80% loss on channeling efficiency.

I think its because... It feels like the faster you attack, the easier it is to start a combo with the pause one in it. Which is like most of them.

Because the pause time gets shortened too.

Atleast thats what it feels like

The combos need to be changed to not have that stupid pause.  Bind a new melee attack to the "R" key or something and let the combos be combos of pressing "E" and pressing "R" or maybe do a Dynasty Warriors type combo system.

ER EER EERR EEER  EEEER EEEEER

DE is making these melee 2.0 combos WAY more complicated then they should be.

I know that DE made most weapons kind of slower for better control of the combos but at least we should have the option to increase the speed if we can pull off faster combos. 45% would be rational, also Quickening needs something, its not worth it at all.

The mods like Quickening need a serious rework, the power efficiency loss while channelling is far too high in general, and the pay off is far too low. If Quickening was +30% swing speed and -30% efficiency I would definitely rate it a lot higher, likewise with the Corrupt Charge mod. In general the Charge mods with a negative power efficiency modifier need to be rebalanced.

I think its because... It feels like the faster you attack, the easier it is to start a combo with the pause one in it. Which is like most of them.

Because the pause time gets shortened too.

Atleast thats what it feels like

This is true. I had Fury, Berserker and Quickening on dual zorens while using a Volt with maximum power strength. The pauses between me mashing the E button as fast as I could were enough to trigger a combo. It was literally impossible not to combo.

Actually Berseker can give up to +90% attack speed.

How? It's not multiplicative with the other melee speed buffs is it? I timed it before melee 2.0 and it worked out around an additional 30%, not multiplicative 30%. Has it changed?

How? It's not multiplicative with the other melee speed buffs is it? I timed it before melee 2.0 and it worked out around an additional 30%, not multiplicative 30%. Has it changed?

It apparently stacks three times - so 1 crit = 30%, 2 crits = 60%, 3 crits = 90%. This appears to be true in-game, too. You definitely speed up more than once - using a slower very low crit weapon (5%) should make this pretty obvious.

at least we should have the option to increase the speed if we can pull off faster combos. 45% would be rational, also Quickening needs something, its not worth it at all.

WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED ALLREADY!!!!

answer.....

they are to busy making ninja dogs

tumblr_lrsokr0Zvv1qb9v25o1_500.gif

go look around here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/213181-channeling-mods-not-viable-explained/#entry2485017

Edited by Starender