Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Believe That The Absolute Highest Possible Players Suck?

WhiteCopain

So like this confuses me to hell. I have to master just about every weapon in the game, including exclusive weapons that are no longer avaliable, and the grand rank up quest is level 15 enemies? This seems really goofy design wise. There's no challenge to this, more so in comparison to the other parkour/shoot ones, and doesn't have anyone working on any more skills like the stealth one does.

Something easily breezed through by anyone at that point when there's no enemies on the map to recapture it?

I only gotten to Rank 11 and the test is fairly simple and challenging if you take  weak weapons and frame, then you will get a challenge. Thats what i did

I only gotten to Rank 11 and the test is fairly simple and challenging if you take  weak weapons and frame, then you will get a challenge. Thats what i did

If you have to cripple yourself to get challenge, there is no real challenge.

Some are challenging for me, like the one where you have to shoot enemies from disapearring platforms. im not a Dead Eye type but i am quick

If you want to talk about goofy design, I'd say the mastery system is the main offender.  The ranks don't necessarily indicate any skill level, and simply gauge how many items you've used.  From what I understand, the Rank 15 test is relatively new, using the mechanics of the interception mission, instead of being a repeat of the Rank 8 test.

If you want to talk about goofy design, I'd say the mastery system is the main offender.  The ranks don't necessarily indicate any skill level, and simply gauge how many items you've used.  From what I understand, the Rank 15 test is relatively new, using the mechanics of the interception mission, instead of being a repeat of the Rank 8 test.

Yea, having different tests makes it even better, but nobody knows what test it will be until you try it, like the stealth one. I brought a none stealth equipment to that and it was quite challening

Why does this matter? The ranking system is simply there to offer a structure to weapon unlocks. Whether it's necessary or not for weapons to be gated by time played (which is what mastery essentially indicates) is a good question for the devs, but one I ultimately don't really care about. It's not like it's hard to get to rank 6 or so.

some people would argue that you are incorrect. Is running up a hill with heavy ankle weights not a challenge?

and a very hefty portion of challenge runs in many video games,either developer made or player made,are from the limitations put on the player.

Like running Resident Evil 4 with only a pistol,you're gimping yourself to challenge yourself

some people would argue that you are incorrect. Is running up a hill with heavy ankle weights not a challenge?

and a very hefty portion of challenge runs in many video games,either developer made or player made,are from the limitations put on the player.

Like running Resident Evil 4 with only a pistol,you're gimping yourself to challenge yourself

Yea your correct, its more fun when your crippled and weaker than your enemies

Every test is a breeze. I suppose DE thought if ranking up was difficult players would complain that the test were a barrier to getting better gear, even though the highest requirement in Rank 8. They might be right, but regardless, I don't see how the Mastery Rank 16 test is different than any other as far as difficulty is concerned.

Yea, having different tests makes it even better, but nobody knows what test it will be until you try it, like the stealth one. I brought a none stealth equipment to that and it was quite challening

I've had a few clanmates fail tests just because they didn't know what it would be and had the wrong loadout.  DE should really add a prep screen so you can get a proper loadout, without consulting the wiki.

Something like this could be good...

- hit rank up test and confirm you want to take it

- get a synopsis of what you're tested on and what you need to do (voiced by Lotus or just text on screen doesn't matter much)

- you can opt to take the test immediately, or go to the arsenal to prepare

- take test and pass or fail

- if there's still going to be a time penalty for tests, cut it to 20-22 hours.  having it at 24 hours will push back your play time if you have a fixed schedule

- have a section in the codex or dojo to allow you to redo tests you've passed (and maybe practice tests you're working on)

Running up a hill with heavy ankle weights is a real life equivalent of raising enemy levels. Both give you greater reward in form of better excercise or more xp.

Since this game is heavily based on progression, and if you cannot use the things you've progressed in to get challenge, the real life equivalent would be removing some muscles with surgery or using muscle relaxant drugs and then run up a hill. There's really no reward for this except for having that experience and for some, bragging about it.

Except doing that was fun and viable, while here you can even breeze trough this with a unranked mk1-braton because ALL OF THE ENEMIES ARE LEVEL 1.

Also, are ranking mastery 7, 8, 9 and 11 still the same?

While that's true, that doesn't mean the game should have minimal to no challange by default. People usually gimp their self when they are good at overcoming the base challange of the game.

Warframe doesn't have any real base challange. And even the ones it has quickly disapear due to the ridiculus damage you can do with only a few mods. Than you put on more and all that's left is when the games own rules break apart after an hour of defence/survival.

Gimping your self for even more challange in a game is fine. But it shouldn't be mandatory to get any challange at all.

People constantly want better AI, more mobs, interesting enemie tools/weapons. But what can the best AI do, if you can one shot then of them as soon as you see them? What could a hundred of them do if you kill thirty of them every second? And what tools they could use if they die faster than they can use them?

Untill DE doesn't change peoples super mob plower 3000 guns (or the mods to be more precise), they will have a very, very hard time coming up with something balanced and challenging that isn't yet another time sink.

None of the mastery rank tests are hard.  This one is no exception.

And that, to me, is goofy. I don't mean to say they should be something super hard, but why is it you're required to max everything to bascially play a round of the first planet's stuff?