The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Are Corpus Just Far Too Weak?

Shehriazad

Corpus are too easy to kill?!

What about infested? They can't even attack at range, so if you have coolant leak, or are even halfway decent with melee, or can shoot them down before they get to you, they pose no threat at all.

The corpus on the other hand are the best at using cover, and their laser weapons really do a number on the shields, corpus kill me more than any other faction.

Corpus are too easy to kill?!

What about infested? They can't even attack at range, so if you have coolant leak, or are even halfway decent with melee, or can shoot them down before they get to you, they pose no threat at all.

The corpus on the other hand are the best at using cover, and their laser weapons really do a number on the shields, corpus kill me more than any other faction.

Wrong. Vortex, Chaos, Bastille, constantly melee attacking to be immune to knockdown, holding WASD, etc all COMPLETELY counter a 100% melee faction.

As I said, if you're having trouble vs infested you're doing something completely wrong.

Constantly melee attacking makes you 100% immune to knockdown? With which weapons/stances? What the heck to do mean "holding WASD"? One hit from a Disrupter ends the possibility of Vortex/Chaos/Bastille so that's not fully credible - that's "one wrong move" tightrope walking.

To be clear - I think they're the easiest for certain missions - most missions, even, but your "oh u cant lose or ever be knocked down lolz" deal begs for a proper explanation, not the lame old "ur doin it wrong". Seriously, what weapons make you 100% immune to KD, and what does "holding WASD" mean?

Edited by Eurhetemec

Well it's not as weak as the infested. These ones are a complete joke: weak shieldless foes with little to no armor and almost no ranged skill. Stand on a high enough prop, shoot with a penta, get down, loot, rinse and repeat.

Fight them in high level content (like ODS) and if you still find them weak, I will eat my hat.

Once again, assuming you have energy and are in ODD   -.-

They aren't easy, or too hard. They are fine. But new long range unit would spice things up a bit.

No, when you're anywhere. Infested are never a threat, you don't won't be disruptored if they're CCed.

Edited by Kiaru

Fight them in high level content (like ODS) and if you still find them weak, I will eat my hat.

Better get your ketchup out. I have, and they're trivial compared to the other factions. The biggest threat they pose is getting bulletspongy enough to make it hard to kill them fast enough to get enough oxygen. And no, I don't mean with Trinvincibility.

Constantly melee attacking makes you 100% immune to knockdown? With which weapons/stances? What the heck to do mean "holding WASD"? One hit from a Disrupter ends the possibility of Vortex/Chaos/Bastille so that's not fully credible - that's "one wrong move" tightrope walking.

To be clear - I think they're the easiest for certain missions - most missions, even, but your "oh u cant lose or ever be knocked down lolz" deal begs for a proper explanation, not the lame old "ur doin it wrong". Seriously, what weapons make you 100% immune to KD, and what does "holding WASD" mean?

Pretty much every melee weapon? I wouldn't be surprised if some weapons are slow enough to have gaps, and I'm almost sure some stances are, but generally speaking, as long as you're spamming E, you're immune to knockdown. As for holding WASD, I assume he's referring to the fact that you can juke every non-Ancient Infested forever without needing to sprint.

EDIT: Yeah, shock eximuses are pretty turbo-bullS#&$.

Edited by Worira

No, when you're anywhere. Infested are never a threat, you don't won't be disruptored if they're CCed.

But the point is that if you can't control the crowd, they clearly are a threat. One that will have you killed nearly instanty if you get stunned/knocked down,

I'm considering these could be the reasons that they don't prove to be a 'challenge' for you:

1. You focus more on low to mid tier Corpus planets (Venus, Jupiter, Mars, Europa)

2. Rhino/Loki/Trinity with Corrupted builds or some form of build to make you last

3. Probably using a Forma'd weapon with maxed DPS build

4. None of the above and I'm entirely wrong.

Though IMO they're balanced enough especially on higher levels, especially when you run into a room full of Techies that rape your shield and health away in seconds even if you're far away from them.

The corpus guns aren't hitscan but they hit harder than the grinner ones. And those Moas all up in your face make the fact they're not hitscan pointless. They're also puncture based, so Rhino's iron skin is only 50% as effective against them.

Even keeping mobile and what not, i notice i take more damage fighting against high leve corpus than grineer, mainly because of those Moas. The Tech's Supra damage also make the grineer heavy gunners look like they carry peashooters.

Ya know, raptor, like most bosses, is completely vulnerable to Rhino Stomp.  Once stomped, it can't enter its protected invulnerable state so any high dps weapon can kill him before the duration ends, solo.  Groups should have no problem ripping him apart.

Corpus are the most poweful late game I more afriad to fight them than I am the Grineer,

Corpus: High spawns multiple different support units along with hard hitting high puncture weapons make tanks into soggy paper, if you warcry in a Corpus run you are asking to be killed.  Along with Stomp moas being so goddamn sneaky that unless your team is constantly on point you might get stomped down and thrown into a Moa Mosh pit

Grineer: Less supports and more offense units, sadly they deal less damage due to armor mitigation working for us and them but take a high puncture weapon or a High slashing and 3-4 Corrosive projections and they become a joke, no armor and high health make them so easy to kill you could almost just be fighting ranged infested.

Sure their's the Shield variant but very few people use that over having a mag(prime)  and even then if you don't have a trin in a long corpus run you will be screwed by the Moa bum rushes they love to do.

In the end they all have strong and weak points and depending on how the match plays out you'll either see them or not see them.

Also Infested are a bore fest with being a pure melee faction.  They need a ranged or aerial unit to become a threat.

Yep, they are pretty dangerous at high levels when the moas just tear through your shields instantly. I remember finding them a lot harder than Grineer at low levels too, due to the Ospreys essentially doubling their health. And at low levels, running out of ammo is a serious concern, so I had to actually wait it out and slowly snipe Ospreys when they decided to finally peek out from behind the doorway, before actually attacking the regular ones. Although now that they added Frontier Grineer on Earth, seems more like the following order:

Lvl 10-15 Corpus is harder than 10-15 regular Grineer

Lvl 10-15 Frontier Grineer harder than 15-20 regular Grineer which is in turn harder than 15-20 Corpus

Then lvl 20-35 Grineer is harder than 20-35 Corpus

Finally, lvl 35+ Corpus are harder due to sheer Moa DPS.