The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Are Corpus Just Far Too Weak?

Shehriazad

GET RID OF SHOCK EXIMUS NOW!

As far as I know they only come up one at a time... And in order to actually be disrupted you need to be in close range to do so... How about we remove all enemies that prove a challenge?

That's why we need some new Corpus units.

They have some interesting weapons. Why aren't they using them?

Corpus crewman armed with Penta could be a real threat. Dual Cestra, well, not as much but still, that would be some variety.

And variety is always a good thing in a agme that's supposed to keep us interested for many hours.

GET RID OF SHOCK EXIMUS NOW!

In the wiki it states it's 15 meters in game for you to actually be effected... Is that something to worry about? If they're near you don't just rambo in and use melee =.=. they're not OP at all if you properly strategize for a while. Get far enough from them and shoot them with what you have. Is it that every room you enter it's only 15 meters wide and that room will include a shock eximus? No. Alright

Have you tried this recently? With Damage 2.0, Raptor's missiles started having a blast that passes directly through the roof and has a very wide radius (5m, maybe) - so if you do this and Raptor decides to do a missile volley, you can easily die in the "safety" of the house, especially if you aren't on Rhino and have Iron Skin on, or if you don't run in the right direction at the right moment (and even then it can be touch-and-go). He's still pretty doable, but not as trivial as he was prior to damage 2.0.

That happened before D2.0 too.

I hated farming for Nova so much, especially since the blueprints were flying off the map every game for the first week.

As far as I know they only come up one at a time... And in order to actually be disrupted you need to be in close range to do so... How about we remove all enemies that prove a challenge?

It's not a challenge, it's cheap difficulty that takes advantage of Warframe's weird spawning mechanics on procedural tilesets to occasionally screw you over. You also may not be able to see where it actually is within a huge horde of enemies with Mine Osprey mines going off, Shield Osprey shields covering the entire screen with blue, Leech Ospreys' annoying visual effect and every other Corpus enemy's repeater plasma clouding the area with projectiles.

It's feast or famine. Either you run in the right direction and Corpus are a joke because you can shoot a five-polarity Soma down a narrow corridor, or you run in the wrong direction, get disrupted from an enemy that can just do that by being nearby, and then basically get instagibbed because despite what all the tryhards on the Warframe forums say, sustained fire from Corpus weapons actually does a lot of damage on the non-training wheels planets.

A really challenging enemy would use the Tenno's strengths against them and adapt its strategies, not rely on cheap, frustrating game mechanics like the disruption effect.

as they have many support units and precise long range weapons I think they are balanced

Well Sniper and rail guns are really great weapons. to bad the corpus usually try to run up and scratch me on the nose with them instead of actually shooting at long range...

Pretty much every melee weapon? I wouldn't be surprised if some weapons are slow enough to have gaps, and I'm almost sure some stances are, but generally speaking, as long as you're spamming E, you're immune to knockdown. As for holding WASD, I assume he's referring to the fact that you can juke every non-Ancient Infested forever without needing to sprint.

Man what...

Spamming E with Dual Ichors with Swirling Tiger, Berserker, and er... the other haste, and I get KD'd sometimes by Ancients. Is it a framerate thing? I don't make 60fps 100% of the time.

I don't think that's what he means by "holding WASD".

Man what...

Spamming E with Dual Ichors with Swirling Tiger, Berserker, and er... the other haste, and I get KD'd sometimes by Ancients. Is it a framerate thing? I don't make 60fps 100% of the time.

Whilst swinging a weapon, you're immune to knockbacks and knockdowns - Though if you're hit in between attacks (Which is actually more likely the faster you attack - As there'll be more periods where you don't have immunity, even though they're shorter) you're still vulnerable to them.

It's not perfect immunity as a result, but if timed right it is effective (I use it to melee Grineer Heavy's when they're grouped up in a way that it's not possible to stagger them all with attacks)

Holding WASD is just a reference to the fact that the majority of infested units (Chargers, Runners, Leapers and Crawlers) will not be able to attack you if you keep moving. Since, while they can run fast enough to get in range (At least the chargers can) their attack animations take long enough that you can be out of range by the time they strike. It's to the point that I don't recall actually being hit by a Charger aside from times where I'm forced to stand still for periods of time (Such as using Life Support/Reviving)

So in essence holding WASD (Movement keys) can make you immune to damage from a majority of non-special infested (Though, it doesn't really work on Defence so well, as they will want to attack the objective) - Ancients can bum-rush you though as well as hit you with their decently long arms

Edited by Tarille

Back in the day, 2 Rail moas can perma keep a single warframe knocked on it's &#! forever unless you got handspring or sure footed fitted. Your abilities did not matter because once they tag you, you are staying down and get swarmed to death. 

Think Nervos, but loooongg range.

Then they got nerfed.  Slower to fire and they don't seem to shoot through 5 walls like before (yes it happened back then, they can snipe you THROUGH pillars). And also far less damage than before.

Anyway Corpus invented the Penta right ?

Give em a Corpus Grenadier or something.

Edited by fatpig84

(I'd suggest a high-HP ranged infestation unit with a weak, slow-firing attack that always caused strong knockback, to get people off things).

we already have it...

it's called toxic/disrupter/healing ancient... with a range of 2meters...?

go extend their ARMs!!

1. not necessarily just for farming, I occasionally solo random missions for fun or join random cells to help out players.

2. agreed. OP, note that down.

3. not for Zanuka :P

4. Booben's Bastille+Vortex build, Nyx Chaos build, Trinity Link+Blessing+Stug/Castanuts/Penta combo, Mag Pull+Shield Polarize build and some other OP builds I can't think of for the moment

3) no idea which zanuka u'r talking about the boss-type of the hunter-type? but both of their shields are weak...

Entirely this.

The point of infested is to distract you with high-damage, faster yet weaker units whilst giving time for the ancients to move in. If you takes too long to kill a small group of chargers, you will get beaten up by the ancients that follow. First it will be the healers (which aren't a huge problem), then the disrupters and then the toxics. Once you get knocked to the floor and are either (a) surrounded by more infested or (b) lose all of your energy to a disrupter, you are pretty much forced to run from them.

Vauban makes this invalid.

So we need a ranged infested that DEALS TOXIN damage.

So it goes straight through your shields, ranged and with a 8 meter AOE.

Hoo boy, now that gives the infested the ability to 1 to 3 shot you like Grineer Napalms.

And yes that is not cheap, it is.. A challenge :)

Edited by fatpig84

Back in the day, 2 Rail moas can perma keep a single warframe knocked on it's &#! forever unless you got handspring or sure footed fitted. Your abilities did not matter because once they tag you, you are staying down and get swarmed to death. 

Think Nervos, but loooongg range.

Then they got nerfed.  Slower to fire and they don't seem to shoot through 5 walls like before (yes it happened back then, they can snipe you THROUGH pillars). And also far less damage than before.

Anyway Corpus invented the Penta right ?

Give em a Corpus Grenadier or something.

I agree on Corpus Grenadier. Something to match Grineer Bombarder/Napalm

I simply can't stand the Corpus.

Neither can I stand the Grineer.

And the Infested freak me out too much to deal with them in a civilized way. (Saryn with Scoliac. No matter what happens, those chargers, will not stand.)

Corpus have freaking birdturrets and shieldbirds.

Grineer are simply $&*&*#(%&. And their armor gets freaking rediculous.

And again, the Infested can go die in a hole with whip lacerations. Ancient Disrupters are the dumbest thing since Melee 2.0. (Also Toxic Ancients.)

Also I don't know about you guys, but Corpus weapons make it stupidly hard to target them. Even without Bloom enabled. So there's that. >.>

I simply can't stand the Corpus.

Neither can I stand the Grineer.

And the Infested freak me out too much to deal with them in a civilized way. (Saryn with Scoliac. No matter what happens, those chargers, will not stand.)

Corpus have freaking birdturrets and shieldbirds.

Grineer are simply $&*&*#(%&. And their armor gets freaking rediculous.

And again, the Infested can go die in a hole with whip lacerations. Ancient Disrupters are the dumbest thing since Melee 2.0. (Also Toxic Ancients.)

Also I don't know about you guys, but Corpus weapons make it stupidly hard to target them. Even without Bloom enabled. So there's that. >.>

I use Latron Prime and Marelok.

So I turned off Bloom and DOV. 

Sniping them miles away feels good man.

Edited by fatpig84

Whilst swinging a weapon, you're immune to knockbacks and knockdowns - Though if you're hit in between attacks (Which is actually more likely the faster you attack - As there'll be more periods where you don't have immunity, even though they're shorter) you're still vulnerable to them.

It's not perfect immunity as a result, but if timed right it is effective (I use it to melee Grineer Heavy's when they're grouped up in a way that it's not possible to stagger them all with attacks)

Holding WASD is just a reference to the fact that the majority of infested units (Chargers, Runners, Leapers and Crawlers) will not be able to attack you if you keep moving. Since, while they can run fast enough to get in range (At least the chargers can) their attack animations take long enough that you can be out of range by the time they strike. It's to the point that I don't recall actually being hit by a Charger aside from times where I'm forced to stand still for periods of time (Such as using Life Support/Reviving)

So in essence holding WASD (Movement keys) can make you immune to damage from a majority of non-special infested (Though, it doesn't really work on Defence so well, as they will want to attack the objective) - Ancients can bum-rush you though as well as hit you with their decently long arms

Thank you for the full explanation! The first bit explains well why I starting getting KD'd more with super-speed Dual Ichors than I do with say, the dual-bladed polearm (name escapes me). I was under the impression some weapons had a "momentum" stat, but I guess that's outdated and "momentum" is actually just "animation time on attacks". It doesn't prevent Ancient Disrupters disrupting you, though, that's for sure (only killing them really fast does that!).

Chargers do rarely hit one, I agree, but they hit pretty bloody hard when they do, making standing still frequently fatal if you have to do it (even with mid-level infestation, sometimes).

I was under the impression some weapons had a "momentum" stat, but I guess that's outdated and "momentum" is actually just "animation time on attacks". It doesn't prevent Ancient Disrupters disrupting you, though, that's for sure (only killing them really fast does that!).

Pre-Melee 2.0 the case was only some weapons had "Momentum" as an affect - Mostly just the Heavy Weapons (I think there was a medium weapon that also had it... Though I could be thinking of the Orthos due to it being the Heavy Weapon that didn't affect movement speed as much) - Melee 2.0 introduced it to all weapons in effort to try and make melee viable, a way of being able to attack Grineer heavies and fight through Shockwave MOA was sorely needed for a melee playstyle.

Ancient Disruptors can still affect you (Without the knockback though, meaning you can avoid being a sitting duck for their second swing which is usually the disrupting one) - Also, all weapons were given a very high (Perhaps even 100%) stagger chance on hit, this can mean that swinging at the right speed can actually stun-lock a target, preventing any sort of retaliation, this can be utilized to further prevent Disruptors from affecting you (As well as stopping Corpus Techs and Grineer Heavies from shredding your face)

Pre-Melee 2.0 the case was only some weapons had "Momentum" as an affect - Mostly just the Heavy Weapons (I think there was a medium weapon that also had it... Though I could be thinking of the Orthos due to it being the Heavy Weapon that didn't affect movement speed as much) - Melee 2.0 introduced it to all weapons in effort to try and make melee viable, a way of being able to attack Grineer heavies and fight through Shockwave MOA was sorely needed for a melee playstyle.

Ancient Disruptors can still affect you (Without the knockback though, meaning you can avoid being a sitting duck for their second swing which is usually the disrupting one) - Also, all weapons were given a very high (Perhaps even 100%) stagger chance on hit, this can mean that swinging at the right speed can actually stun-lock a target, preventing any sort of retaliation, this can be utilized to further prevent Disruptors from affecting you (As well as stopping Corpus Techs and Grineer Heavies from shredding your face)

Ok, that's much more clear! I wish DE had explained it though! :)

Stagger doesn't seem to be quite 100%, because sometimes I've been Disrupted whilst hitting an Ancient Disrupter (usually only if it's been alive and near me for about 4-6 seconds, which is rare, but not unheard of if it was behind something), by that Disrupter (more often it'll be a second, third or fifth one or the like!).

Man what...

Holding "WASD" means you're running away while shooting, and infested have no ranged attacks so you're immune to them.

When I fight Infested with my galatine and spam whirlwind I never get knocked down, only knocked back. It's hilarious.

Edited by Kiaru

It's not a challenge, it's cheap difficulty that takes advantage of Warframe's weird spawning mechanics on procedural tilesets to occasionally screw you over. You also may not be able to see where it actually is within a huge horde of enemies with Mine Osprey mines going off, Shield Osprey shields covering the entire screen with blue, Leech Ospreys' annoying visual effect and every other Corpus enemy's repeater plasma clouding the area with projectiles.

It's feast or famine. Either you run in the right direction and Corpus are a joke because you can shoot a five-polarity Soma down a narrow corridor, or you run in the wrong direction, get disrupted from an enemy that can just do that by being nearby, and then basically get instagibbed because despite what all the tryhards on the Warframe forums say, sustained fire from Corpus weapons actually does a lot of damage on the non-training wheels planets.

A really challenging enemy would use the Tenno's strengths against them and adapt its strategies, not rely on cheap, frustrating game mechanics like the disruption effect.

Thank you for understanding good sir.

eWO4IL2.gif

Holding "WASD" means you're running away while shooting, and infested have no ranged attacks so you're immune to them.

Yeah that works wonders on Defence missions... /rolleyes

Also good luck firing in four directions at once (so none come from sides/behind) and never running out of ammo when you're running *away* from where the ammo is dropping. That's definitely going to be 100% successful.

Ok, that's much more clear! I wish DE had explained it though! :)

Stagger doesn't seem to be quite 100%, because sometimes I've been Disrupted whilst hitting an Ancient Disrupter (usually only if it's been alive and near me for about 4-6 seconds, which is rare, but not unheard of if it was behind something), by that Disrupter (more often it'll be a second, third or fifth one or the like!).

From what I can tell, there's a slight immunity period for applying a second stagger effect - Meaning that depending on how often you're striking you could hit exactly at the time that it can be re-applied and thus stun lock OR you can miss it and the target will have a chance to retaliate as you're getting the next swing in (In my experience, super fast and super slow weapons can cause you to miss staggers - With the former having less penalty for it. Some medium swing speed weapons have the perfect attack speeds to get those reliable stagger locks)

As far as DE explaining this, as far as I recall they did mention it during the Livestream - But didn't go into detail into how exactly it worked, it was more on the lines of "We're going to be increasing stagger chance and making it possible to fight heavy units in melee" and then moving on.

Yeah that works wonders on Defence missions... /rolleyes

Also good luck firing in four directions at once (so none come from sides/behind) and never running out of ammo when you're running *away* from where the ammo is dropping. That's definitely going to be 100% successful.

Infested are not nimble enough to actually hit an alert Tenno.  Fighting Infested on defense missions is just a numbers game.  Once you reach the point where you can't kill them before they kill the defense target you lose, unless someone has CC.