The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Concepts Being Completely Ignored

yarash2110

i've seen a few really good fan concepts, of weapons warframe melees etc. but i didn't see a single comment or ingame weapon or frame that was suggested by a fan, the only thing that was treated was the event of getting a concept of a melee weapon (which was not released yet)

i know that DE are great and they are probably the dev team that listens the most to its fan base, but fan concepts are a lot of times just amazing and creative,

thank you for reading and please write your opinion in the comments 

This is a pretty bold and likely false claim, unless you somehow are able to access every single player concept submitted to DE. Even if it were true, its possible that even if the actual thing submitted wasn't used, part of it could have inspired something that was incorporated into the game.

DE has been really great at keeping open and clear channels of communication with fans, more so than any other game I have taken interest in. Though they aren't always perfect in this area, they do the best they can and deserve credit for that. To say they ignore part or all of some form of feedback, that they have actively solicited in the past, is kind of silly.

well they made Zephyr, just so you know.

And also they could be busy, you know, working on the game??

so would you rather have them rate random concept work than fixing/updating the game?

they cant do both.

*Cough* Fan Weapons, Berserker Frame, Water Frame, Event Specifics *Cough*

i did not know zephyr was a fan concept, but hydroid was not a fan concept, the general idea of a water frame was requested by fans, which is basically nothing

While it does feel like DE isn't looking at our ideas (why don't you notice me DE senpai) I imagine they do skim through it but simply don't have time to provide feedback on every idea (so they just silently judge you). A bit more feedback would be appreciated, but I can understand why it would be limited given the amount of content their is to look through, in addition to everything else on the forums.

well they made Zephyr, just so you know.

And also they could be busy, you know, working on the game??

so would you rather have them rate random concept work than fixing/updating the game?

they cant do both.

well they do have some people who's job is to be with the community, but i guess that's not enough, if they didn't have time being on the forums they wouldn't have forums,,,,

well they do have some people who's job is to be with the community, but i guess that's not enough, if they didn't have time being on the forums they wouldn't have forums,,,,

You should really get to know my friend "Focus" here.

as you can see, theres a tab/panel if you would want to call it that shows what de has been upto, as you can see, they don't usually stay too long here in the forums. 

They're probably hard at work on trying to make the game better, Focusing their attention  on the game rather than chitchatting. 

It's amazing that you think DE ignores fan concepts.

Ah well, ignorance is amazing.

Anyway... enough with me being a condescending -donkey-.

I would rather DE fix up a lot of their features. Rescue 2.0 is still buggy(well more like the AI behavior is still a bit weird). Melee 2.0, the channeling concept is very lack-lustered.

Stealth in general in this game sorely needs a serious look at. In particularly the AI behaviors/programming.

I see Fan concepts slowly being introduced through warframes:

Valkyr - from what I see it's a combination of a lot of other frames basing around "berserkers". The Bastet helm is I guess a in-game/forum/livestream joke to DERebecca on her request for a "cat frame".

Zephyr - You can totally see this fan concept in the forums. The design is right off the concept art, with minor differences, like gender.

Hydroid - This is the water frame that was suggested and concepted by fans. The naming and some of it's design was taking in combination with a "pirate" theme that was suggested around the forums.

Nekros - I found this one hilarious. A necromancer, and was clearly fan suggested/concepted in some form.

Oberon - A "paladin" warframe. The idea of a paladin was suggested by fans.

A lot of the new frames after Nova, were all basically fan concepts in some form. Some of them had a concept art to go with it, and some didn't. DE took those ideas and changed minor details to it.

As for weapons? We have the nikana. A katana that was fan concepted and implemented in the game with the exact designs.

The idea of orthos/orthos prime (pole-arm/spear) was a fan suggestion/concept.

There are a couple others, not A LOT, but there are a couple fan suggestions/concepts I have seen in game. Melee 2.0, the channeling idea was seen somewhere in the forums.

As for the new warframes; we are slowly moving away from this "ninja" theme. While they all have parkour/athletic abilities, their outward features seriously contrast with the idea of a "ninja". At first This game was LIKE a ninja game... like anime-ish or some typical RPG with a job/class system (Trinity, the healer) and with the idea/concept of a beefy/tanky ninja (Rhino) and so forth. Then with the introduction of Saryn and Banshee, the idea of "ninja" suddenly became more like a group of assassins, instead of "ninja". Now with Nekros, Hydroid, Oberon.... it feels like mercenaries now.

But DE is clever in their intro tutorial of the game. "You are Tenno".

Basically a warrior who wields a warframe (suit), gun, and blade.....

Edited by VoidWraith

You should really get to know my friend "Focus" here.

as you can see, theres a tab/panel if you would want to call it that shows what de has been upto, as you can see, they don't usually stay too long here in the forums. 

They're probably hard at work on trying to make the game better, Focusing their attention  on the game rather than chitchatting. 

you clearly didn't read my comment...

It's amazing that you think DE ignores fan concepts.

Ah well, ignorance is amazing.

Anyway... enough with me being a condescending -donkey-.

I would rather DE fix up a lot of their features. Rescue 2.0 is still buggy(well more like the AI behavior is still a bit weird). Melee 2.0, the channeling concept is very lack-lustered.

Stealth in general in this game sorely needs a serious look at. In particularly the AI behaviors/programming.

I see Fan concepts slowly being introduced through warframes:

Valkyr - from what I see it's a combination of a lot of other frames basing around "berserkers". The Bastet helm is I guess a in-game/forum/livestream joke to DERebecca on her request for a "cat frame".

Zephyr - You can totally see this fan concept in the forums. The design is right off the concept art, with minor differences, like gender.

Hydroid - This is the water frame that was suggested and concepted by fans. The naming and some of it's design was taking in combination with a "pirate" theme that was suggested around the forums.

Nekros - I found this one hilarious. A necromancer, and was clearly fan suggested/concepted in some form.

Oberon - A "paladin" warframe. The idea of a paladin was suggested by fans.

A lot of the new frames after Nova, were all basically fan concepts in some form. Some of them had a concept art to go with it, and some didn't. DE took those ideas and changed minor details to it.

As for weapons? We have the nikana. A katana that was fan concepted and implemented in the game with the exact designs.

The idea of orthos/orthos prime (pole-arm/spear) was a fan suggestion/concept.

There are a couple others, not A LOT, but there are a couple fan suggestions/concepts I have seen in game. Melee 2.0, the channeling idea was seen somewhere in the forums.

As for the new warframes; we are slowly moving away from this "ninja" theme. While they all have parkour/athletic abilities, their outward features seriously contrast with the idea of a "ninja". At first This game was LIKE a ninja game... like anime-ish or some typical RPG with a job/class system (Trinity, the healer) and with the idea/concept of a beefy/tanky ninja (Rhino) and so forth. Then with the introduction of Saryn and Banshee, the idea of "ninja" suddenly became more like a group of assassins, instead of "ninja". Now with Nekros, Hydroid, Oberon.... it feels like mercenaries now.

But DE is clever in their intro tutorial of the game. "You are Tenno".

Basically a warrior who wields a warframe (suit), gun, and blade.....

nekros was not a fan concept, hydroid wasn't and oberon wasn't, as i already said just asking for a general concept of a frame does not make it fan concept, im talking about people who are actually in the fan concepts forums, writing actuel abilities drawing how the frames look and their stats, not just comments in livestreams that say that a water warframe would be cool,

Nekros was in fact a fan concept.

Nova, Nekros, Zephyr and Valkyr all came from the Design council's initial brainstorming, and then were conceptualized by Mynki and friends.

If you expect DE to hand over creative-control to us, then you're either crazy, or part of the wrong game-community.

Nekros was in fact a fan concept.

Nova, Nekros, Zephyr and Valkyr all came from the Design council's initial brainstorming, and then were conceptualized by Mynki and friends.

If you expect DE to hand over creative-control to us, then you're either crazy, or part of the wrong game-community.

first of all design council paid in order to effect the game more then other players, obviously they will effect warframe ideas, but if as you say DE shouldn't give a **** about any fan concepts then the whole forum part for that can just be deleted... I'm not expecting EVERY single frame to be a fan concept but i am expecting atleast a few...

first of all i didn't say anything about handing the control, second of all theres no need to be that offensive just because you think im wrong