Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Go Back To 7.6?

Nokturnal

Who honestly has problems with the difficulty? Its so hard to die to these mobs, they are slow and dumb and everyone has like 500/500+ shield/health now. I was thinking the game got easier with the patch, I've died like twice since it went in and both were to lag.

I will say that there is some serious flaws in the new mods system, though. I just completely lose interest in how boring the mods are coupled with how frustrating the mod UI is.

Edited by Regentlord

The new cards are probably done; remember, the card images take a lot of time to look that great. ;P

Sometimes it may be better to scrap a few weeks worth of work, to save the life of a game.

I think they should roll it all the way back to update 6. Bring back random stats on mods and skill trees. Bring back dual stat mods and even add in triple stat mods! Bring back the treasure hunt!

Edited by Soulie

Nope, frost and volt.

Snowglobe for invincibility vs ranged and slow for melee and Avalanche for instagibs.

Overload for instagibs, Shield for invincibility vs ranged, Speed for Speed Running.

Used correctly, those abilities can be almost as OP as Ironskin/Decoy/Etc.

Every frame can be OP in their own way buddy. Chaos though pretty much allows you to go afk while killing lvl 100 mobs.

That being said, abilities need to be better balanced. Nice choice in Volt btw, he actually has 3 viable abilities, most frames only have 2.

Sometimes it may be better to scrap a few weeks worth of work, to save the life of a game.

I think they should roll it all the way back to update 6. Bring back random stats on mods and skill trees. Bring back dual stat mods and even add in triple stat mods! Bring back the treasure hunt!

Mindless Xini/Outer terminus grind to upgrade 95% multishot to 99% multishot.... No thanks. It's practically based on RNG to get them and the vertical progression is decided by drops. This update at least alleviate the trouble. Right now it's practicaly update6 (passive stat increase) with upgradable mod which is better. Some tweaks would make it sweet.

Well, just want to say that this is still beta. That doesn't mean you guys shouldn't voice your displeasure :) You should. And be as loud as you can be so DE listens. But don't just leave the game. Criticize and give suggestions. Stay and play & continue with helping the game.

I agree, I liked stacking sprint speed mod and just doing awesome wall running tricks, "fast super speedy ninjas" ninjas are about speed that was what got me to spend my money on a master founder package, I spent money supporting this game because of its awesome mod system. I didn't really care if everyone and their mothers were stacking multishots tbh, the game was fun for most of us who loved making interesting builds. Then U7 changed my perspective on the game I didn't throw my cash at them for U7 I threw my cash supporting warframe but Warframe changed into something else entirely.

Now its just hurr durr look at my high HP and shields, if I wanted to have high hp and shields I could've easily done it back then in U6.

Now we have rankable mods that don't even go that high to rival stacking examples include puncture or sprint spd mods U7, 30% sprint spd max and vs say 125%+ and up sprint spd, or even melee dmg mod (max 4x% vs charge dmg 150% max)

Current system is limiting freedom of customization and builds as well as just making Guns even more viable, back then there was perfect balance between melee weps and Guns, now in U7 Guns pull ahead so much, melees are either crap unless you use charge dmg skills

Honestly this was a pve game not pvp, so who cares if the player next to you stacked multishots? it just made the runs easier and faster for ppl who were along for the ride.

Hell so what if ppl were farming pluto and eris xini and outter terminus farms? everyone is suppose to farm high lv content for high lv mods is that not the point? to get better stuff on higher lv planets?

Now its ppl crying about high lvs farming lowbie crap like Mercury for mods. Seriously? this is what you wanted in U7? easier way to farm your endgame mods on a beginner planet and make everyone rage that you're either rushing or runining their run? (looks at the forums crying about rushers in beginner planets)

Now more rage on nerfed drop rate as well too?

In U6 you wouldn't see the high lvs grinding mercury etc there was no rage, you'd see them on end game planets like Pluto and Eris.

All the mods you found were in great anticipation because you couldn't wait to see what mod you had gotten that day.

Now it's like oh cool another duplicate totally useful since I can't stack and only use it to lvl up my overly gluttonous high ranked mod.

Edited by --Sensei--

Agree with OP, please revert it back to 7.6, enemies are way too hard to deal with right now. As for the lowered drop rate, it might not matter much to veterans, but it does to us new players. If you want more new players to join the game, I would really suggest reverting the enemy buff and lowered drop rate changes. A enemy buff was needed as countermeasures for the passive shield and health but this buff is rediculous.

I agree, I liked stacking sprint speed mod and just doing awesome wall running tricks, "fast super speedy ninjas" ninjas are about speed that was what got me to spend my money on a master founder package, I spent money supporting this game because of its awesome mod system. I didn't really care if everyone and their mothers were stacking multishots tbh, the game was fun for most of us who loved making interesting builds. Then U7 changed my perspective on the game I didn't throw my cash at them for U7 I threw my cash supporting warframe.

Now its just hurr durr look at my high HP and shields, if I wanted to have high hp and shields I could've easily done it back then in U6.

Now we have rankable mods that don't even go that high to rival stacking examples include puncture or sprint spd mods U7, 30% sprint spd max and vs say 125%+ and up sprint spd.

Current system is limiting freedom of customization and builds as well as just making Guns even more viable, back then there was perfect balance between melee weps and Guns, now in U7 Guns pull ahead so much, melees are either crap unless you use charge dmg skills

Honestly this was a pve game not pvp, so who cares if the player next to you stacked multishots? it just made the runs easier and faster for ppl who were along for the ride.

Hell so what if ppl were farming pluto and eris xini and outter terminus farms? everyone is suppose to farm high lv content for high lv mods is that not the point? to get better stuff on higher lv planets?

Now its ppl crying about high lvs farming lowbie crap like Mercury for mods. Seriously? this is what you wanted in U7? easier way to farm your endgame mods on a beginner planet and make everyone rage that you're either rushing or runining their run? (looks at the forums crying about rushers in beginner planets)

In U6 you wouldn't see the high lvs grinding mercury etc there was no rage, you'd see them on end game planets like Pluto and Eris.

^ EGGSACTLY

I never cared if someone used 6 multishot mods or whatever on their weapons, if they find that fun, whatever have fun with it. I'm gonna stack runspeed on my rhino so he doesn't move slow, I'm gonna stick +10 puncture on my shotgun so I can aoe things without using abilities. I'm gonna try and find blue mods that add 2 stats instead of one. (Which could be found on any level btw) All the while leveing up my frames and weapons.

Update 6 was just more fun overall.

There's just so many problems with this whole find pennies to make a dollar loot system that need to be addressed currently that I feel reverting back to Update 6 would be just better in the long run. Want to nerf multishot? Revert to update 6 and nerf multishot. Don't make everyone suffer just cause some people found an exploit. Fix the exploit! Make doing more than 1 mission be rewarding. Don't punish everyone for bad design.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

^ EGGSACTLY

I never cared if someone used 6 multishot mods or whatever on their weapons, if they find that fun, whatever have fun with it. I'm gonna stack runspeed on my rhino so he doesn't move slow, I'm gonna stick +10 puncture on my shotgun so I can aoe things without using abilities. I'm gonna try and find blue mods that add 2 stats instead of one. (Which could be found on any level btw) All the while leveing up my frames and weapons.

Update 6 was just more fun overall.

There's just so many problems with this whole find pennies to make a dollar loot system that need to be addressed currently that I feel reverting back to Update 6 would be just better in the long run. Want to nerf multishot? Revert to update 6 and nerf multishot. Don't make everyone suffer just cause some people found an exploit. Fix the exploit! Don't punish everyone.

---

I edited more into my original post but yah U6 was overall more fun, now I barely log on because I don't want to have to grind to lv up my shield or hp mods already at 660 shield and 930 hp but who cares? it's not fun anymore, I just now log on for daily login rewards then log off.

Back then it wasn't even a grind, you find a mod, stack it and gg your rank 15/30 frame wasn't so underpowered anymore, you could do stuff without holding the team back. It wasn't even hard to find the good rare mods either. I could sit on hours end playng U6, now I can barely stand staying on logged in for more than 5 mins before logging off.

Now there's this lvling mod bs.

I'm already endgame with sitting on top of 7.4m credits I can easily max out my shield hp or even my serration which is currently at 90% dmg and my pistol to 240% dmg etc, but I don't care much anymore, it's not fun. Im pretty much moderately maxed out, hell I maxed out ALL my melee mods for lulz currently hitting 4-6k dmg with charge strikes.

Honestly a simple cap to certain stats would've been overall better like limiting multi shot cap to 100% or something.

But hey nothing like taking away stacking to punish a whole group of ppl over a few ppl lul.

Overall I liked being a super speedy glass cannon.

Now Im a Super buffed slow tanky cannon.

Only difference is now I dont die from 1 hit and I can take it easy with my OP pistol or rifle while moving slow, I might as well be a army tank.

Edited by --Sensei--

I edited more into my original post but yah U6 was overall more fun, now I barely log on because I don't want to have to grind to lv up my shield or hp mods already at 660 shield and 930 hp but who cares? it's not fun anymore, I just now log on for daily login rewards then log off.

Back then it wasn't even a grind, you find a mod, stack it and gg your rank 15/30 frame wasn't so underpowered anymore, you could do stuff without holding the team back. It wasn't even hard to find the good rare mods either. I could sit on hours end playng U6, now I can barely stand staying on logged in for more than 5 mins before logging off.

Now there's this lvling mod bs.

I'm already endgame with sitting on top of 7.4m credits I can easily max out my shield hp or even my serration which is currently at 90% dmg and my pistol to 240% dmg etc, but I don't care much anymore, it's not fun. Im pretty much moderately maxed out, hell I maxed out ALL my melee mods for lulz currently hitting 4-6k dmg with charge strikes.

Honestly a simple cap to certain stats would've been overall better like limiting multi shot cap to 100% or something.

But hey nothing like taking away stacking to punish a whole group of ppl over a few ppl lul.

Overall I liked being a super speedy glass cannon.

Now Im a Super buffed slow tanky cannon.

Only difference is now I dont die from 1 hit and I can take it easy with my OP pistol or rifle while moving slow, I might as well be a army tank.

They wanted to do away with stacking completely, which if you think about it from a long term perspective makes a lot of sense. The place where i think they went awry is in not having a way to really speed up a frame (personally I think anything past 60% or so is silly, but I get why 30% is not really fair) or as much mod diversity. I think all of us who got a good multi-stat mod were pretty happy every time one appeared. There is room for these things still, but they weren't ready when u7 went live so we are left with a system that is flat out giving us less for now. The new mod system also exposed a big weakness that had always been around which is lack of overall mod choices. Because we were able to stack mods we could make some alternative choices without losing much, but now it is always a loss on weapons. The new system is good, and I think it should stay, but it desperately needs expansion and adjustment to fully flesh itself into a better system than we had.

Yea I bought my founder's pack pre-Update 7, ever since the update, I have lost so much faith in DE. It was restored a little in update 7.6 with the return of passive stat increases on leveling up, but it's gone again with 7.7

sad to say, but since update 7.7, I'm actually letting my foundry builds build BEFORE i'm logging back in.

for a fire rate change when ur FPS is low.. this isnt worth it. I'm running around with Saryn and i feel terra-bad for the people without a contagion. If the damage was to discourage the rushers.. its discouraging the fighters too :P anything above lvl 22 isnt worth farming anymore, thats from a tank o.O

Edited by Greavence

I have a feeling they rolled out bad code unintentionally. There are too many undocumented changes for the current state of the game to be intentional. 7.7 is more than just a hotfix patch, it's a HUGE upset to the gameplay. They mentioned that the whole reason for 7.6 was to reduce the "must have" situtation with Redirection and Vitality but this latest patch contradicts that decision and also removes a lot of the fun factor from the game.

If this is the new normal, then I for one am done playing. It's not fun.

Yeah I don't like the enemies being harder either and the frustrating mod drops. If I wanted to play a poorly developed boring game I'd play ME3 multi, but this game is better for sure. They just need to make sure they don't do this crazy stuff and keep the game fun for all skill levels. I know some people are hardcore about things, but I really do play more casual.

I also liked the old system too, the game was actually fun like that. Now it is getting a bit boring.

maybe to counter balance all this, give weapons passive increases in damage and whatnot. I'm really hoping I wake up tomorow and I can get back to murduring countless corpus and grineer soldiers for hours on end and completely be enthralled by this game again. This last update just sucked the life out of it for me. Things were slowly getting better... then the 7.7 hotfix hit us in our collective faces like a Fragor swung by a raging Rhino. I have patience, for now.

As for all the "extreme hardcore pro MLG" gamers on here, chill. So you reached endgame, even if there is no endgame yet. Good for you. It isnt by making this game unbearably difficult, unless you are teamed up with your best mates, that it will be more fun. There will simply be less and less players as the days go on :(

I fell in love with the original product and threw a large sum of money at you hoping to live out my twilight years playing this game (I exagerate...)

Please dont make me regret my decision. I still have faith in you DE, don't let me down now.

I agree. This game was has been incredibly fun for me especially with 7.6. Now it's just getting frustrating and I have stopped playing until they address the issues. I;m also very disappointed that they stealth nerfed the whole game like this. I thought they weren't "nefarious and shadowy men"?

In any event, it's a good thing Defiance has just been released. I am thinking of jumping ship and playing that game.

I don't see a problem with this update except for the fact that when you have 5 people shooting att you its a bit hard to react when your shields go down lol, I recently just stealthed a mission on uranus. also i'm sure 90% of the people here wanting a revert are the rushers and don't know how to take it 1 room at a time rather then taking off in a fritz. imho

I think the higher dmg is to compensate the Bonus Shield and Health

but it is a bit hard now

Why bother introducing frame stat leveling increases? I thought they did this to make Vitality and Redirection less "Must have" mods. Now they're back to the same situation they were in prior to 7.6 made worse with the mega nerf to mod drop rates.

Why was this change made in a "Hot fix" patch with no documentation whatsoever. They stealth nerfed the game in a huge way...