The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Clantech Mods Become A Thing?

Deidaku

Like I just said, it increases the amount of mods that people will never get. No clan no mod is a good idea and a bad one at the same time. How long until the amount of people with pistol pestilence die off and it's an unobtainable mod? That goes for all mods that you get from special things like the cicero crisis. I wasn't here for that, that means it's unobtainable to me unless I buy it for play from someone else. Also, there are many people who really don't want to be in clans. There are people who don't even want to make clans, there are many people who don't want to do stuff that involves more than three other people, so that would punish them, really. 

I would like, a SINGULAR "Clan Mod" that could be created.  This one could have customizable stats, and their own names.  Let me explain:

My Clan is the Jade Falcons

I walk into the Tenno lab, open up "Clan Mod creation"

I, as the Warlord, sets the stats for the mod.

I choose an Elemental damage type,

and something else to multiply. i.e. Firerate, Crit chance, Crit damage, etc.

Cap Elemental damages at ~70% to avoid exploitation.  (i.e. If I choose Poison damage, I can't set the damage equal to anything higher than 70%)

Cap other multiplier stats at a reasonable level. i.e. +60% crit or something.

Then, Naming.  "The Talon of Justice"

For Rifle.

Click "Research Mod"

Then, other players can buy the Mod from the Lab at a later date, once finished researching.

I see no problem with this system.  Adding customizability, Clan benefits, and more use for the Dojo.  Because honestly, no reason to be in there for mroe than 5 mins at a time.

I like this idea if needs a bit of refinement of course though. I imagine this would break some things, like pistol multishot could become ridiculous.

Put ability mods in clantech and I'll be happy.

clan tech only mods, well, they wouldn't be as bad of a grind.

I don't really see the point outside of dilution control.

I agree with this.  Warframe ability mods can go into the Tenno Lab and sentinel mods can be distributed between the other labs or something like that.