Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Use Of Useless Mods

Acegikmo

There are a lot of mods that aren't viable to use like: flame repellent and diamond skin. There's nothing wrong with them, there's just no way to fit them in with more important mods. But what if you could combine 2 mods like: redirection and fast deflection?( I think that's what the shield recharge rate is called) Fast deflection isn't a bad mod to use, but again, there are better choices. But now you have a mod that has shield amount and recharge rate at a cost in capacity. Maybe a 25% increase from both mods, the base cost being the most expensive one? The capacity cost would give you a reason to forma warframes considering that...you don't really have to; ever. I don't know if the amount the mod retains should be the same or if some of the values should be lost in the process and if there should be a way to refine the process so as little is lost as possible.

This is just an idea that popped into my head while I was perusing the forums, so feel free to hate on this idea or whatever you do when an idea does/doesn't strike your fancy.

That's why the mod cost is hiked and a % of the individual stats of the mods are lost. There is currently no reason for me to forma my warframes at all. I'd like to have a reason to build as much capacity as possible.

I dont think it would be game breaking i just think that it won't make those mods viable, it sounds like the google+ method, instead of making it better tey just forced it, because in order to use a better site you had to have google+, these mods should just get a massive buff, but a caculated one, so they would be more effective then normal defensive mods but just a little bit, not to make them OP but to make them worth using

Like using diamond skin would be more useful on a corpus map than vitality or redirection if you took the time to swap it out? That kind of buff?

Edited by Acegikmo

Perhaps of there were like "major" and "minor" mods which went in separate slots so that the required ones didn't have to compete with the niche ones?

I think a better way would be to buff the niche mods, make intruder +X free ciphers per mission, people would use it during events at least. Most mods could get some love to make them more useful even if they stay niche.

if you dont see the use for diamond skin you either never played high level corpus or been too long in the void, as it reduces up to 45% damage  from Dera,  Supra and Laser Traps, in its niche is way more powerful than steel fiber as it does not require a high armor frame.

by the way: fast deflection is good when you wish to scrape up that last 1% survival ability but for the most part having your Sentinel use Guardian is more than enough to keep shields up

This actually makes sense to me. For me, the limiting factor in my builds isn't mod energy, but the actual number of slots that are available to equip mods in. In League of Legends, this is the concept of Cost Efficiency versus Slot Efficiency. If you have a limited number of items you can equip, and a limited amount of resource to equip them with, the primary motivator in what you equip is based on which of those two factors is most limiting. In League of Legends, in mid to early game, you want items with high Cost Efficiency, since you have a limited amount of money to spend, and you want the most bang for your buck so you can keep up with other players. 

Later in the game, you want items with Slot efficiency. Even if the damage/gold isn't great, you have plenty of gold by that point. The important thing is fitting more stuff into one slot. It's why late-game items are very expensive, but do more stuff. 

Warframe works similarly. As you progress, mod energy stops being a limiting factor. Between forma and potatoes, the truly limiting factor becomes how many slots there actually are. There are plenty of items that I have not even forma'd that are at full build and still have left-over mod energy. A way to take up more mod-energy while giving more diversity to builds would be absolutely amazing. 

quite sure there is a map which always has ice hazzard, consider you want to run that map on a volt or mag and this seems less useless

Yeah 12% reduction at max level is still useless. And it costs 9 slots at that level. Anything else is more helpful than that.

why dont we just ask DE to combine some of the lame mods into more useful hybrid ones.

Atronach: +X% elemental resistance (including shield reduction from ice)

(these next three are sorta addressing laser resistance)

Deflector: +X% puncture resistance

Rough Armor: +X% slash resist

Sturdy: +X% impact resist

Pillager: increased hacking time and loot radar

Master Thief: open locked lockers and increased drop chance

just some ideas.

I think they should just boost those mods. Like, 20% per level or something, to end at 100% resistance.

...what do you mean? Corpus don't always use lasers. If you are talking about the bolts, those actaully don't count as lasers for some reason.

I know, WTF. But then, its kind of weird lasers doing slash damage...

Edited by jjpdn

...what do you mean? Corpus don't always use lasers. If you are talking about the bolts, those actaully don't count as lasers for some reason.

I know, WTF. But then, its kind of weird lasers doing slash damage...

lasers do puncture. still just as weird though. but 100% is quite overkill. 100% fire resistance means napalms literally cant hurt you, which would take out a very threatening enemy.