Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts

-Ex-Gamer-

Really now we have to do Mobile Defense? lol I hated running conflicts period but I did run them once in a while.. now you've really killed it..     

what if I go to the opposite team's solar rail,  take the data mass and carry it around without dropping it anywhere?? They will get upset and leave. and I'll leave and go online and do it again. edited>>>>it is war after all <<< edited...

I hope you understand my point of view.

Edited by _Protocol_

It was fun to speedrun this mission, now it takes 10 times as long just because you have to sit on the data terminal.

DE probably didn't like the easy income of credits.

but that doesnt take care of it. at best it allows for some players to do their slow runs and still get a quick battlepay. but this slowed down the missions to a crawl

plus im certain the number of spectres that spawned is much less that it should be. i found 2~4 spectres on a MD, this is a insult for a defense mission type. before i could easily find 6~10 on a speedrun.

but that doesnt take care of it. at best it allows for some players to do their slow runs and still get a quick battlepay.

I wouldn't call it "quick" at all.

You can still get high amounts (highest I've ever gotten was 60k) but now you have to wait 5-6 minutes (at best, can't wait for the Rhino to pick up the Data Mass again) instead of 1-2 minutes or even less.

I'll earn credits faster by sitting in Recruiting hoping for someone to host a T3 Capture, which do show up very often.

i agree. it used to be a good way to get battlepay. 

this is frustating to the attackers that cant put a big battlepay too, their grinders will have to take even longer to counter others needing to get the enemy's battlepay.

I wouldn't call it "quick" at all.

You can still get high amounts (highest I've ever gotten was 60k) but now you have to wait 5-6 minutes (at best, can't wait for the Rhino to pick up the Data Mass again) instead of 1-2 minutes or even less.

I'll earn credits faster by sitting in Recruiting hoping for someone to host a T3 Capture, which do show up very often.

... is it a problem? 

Curious, but did they at least lower the number of victories to win a node, or is their plan brutal attrition?

Nothing in the patch notes about rail health. so assume attrition.

Anyway i can see why they did it. The conflict missions quickly became the least team-focused activity in the game since one player (usually a perma invis Loki) could solo the mission in about 80 seconds (my best time) and having other players on was undesireable as they made the mission longer.

But if the conflict missions are still spamming Fusion MOAs then it could be the best place to farm Bleeding Willow.

Edited by Dualstar

... is it a problem? 

why would you run dark sector conflict?

for the rare stance mod? once you get it, thats it. i in fact got 4 DJ on the course of 3 days grinding random rails. donated 2, sold one for dirt cheap.

theres no affinity there. rare mods? better places for it, and again once you get them, why return?

its the money. its the only thing that would drive someone to stop with their DSD/DSS and go check a conflict. be it tax related or battlepay related, money is the only reason anyone would venture forth a DSC.

now the money from it has been cut signifcantly. id say its taking 3 times longer to run a DSC. 3 times less money from them, and thus you would do better by doing anything else. 

are you running for a 0% tax clan? things get worse then. a 0% tax clan would not gather a crowd to defend it from a clan that can post a battlepay, specially under these conditions where the few that can speedrun for the clan are unable to counter the mob. 

theres now a lot less on stamina and skill to DS that before. its more on accounting that even politics.

I'll be honest, big bummer. The rails where indeed being speed run like no ones business. And I can totally see how annoying it is to jump in a mission and see blurs before the mission extraction count down starts. That said, soloing the dark rails was some of the best fun I've had in warframe. I have no, no intention at all to run any rails that aren't directly related to me. It's just feed back, but I really don't like the change. We'll see how it works out.

why would you run dark sector conflict?

for the rare stance mod? once you get it, thats it. i in fact got 4 DJ on the course of 3 days grinding random rails. donated 2, sold one for dirt cheap.

theres no affinity there. rare mods? better places for it, and again once you get them, why return?

its the money. its the only thing that would drive someone to stop with their DSD/DSS and go check a conflict. be it tax related or battlepay related, money is the only reason anyone would venture forth a DSC.

now the money from it has been cut signifcantly. id say its taking 3 times longer to run a DSC. 3 times less money from them, and thus you would do better by doing anything else. 

are you running for a 0% tax clan? things get worse then. a 0% tax clan would not gather a crowd to defend it from a clan that can post a battlepay, specially under these conditions where the few that can speedrun for the clan are unable to counter the mob. 

theres now a lot less on stamina and skill to DS that before. its more on accounting that even politics.

Then raise the amount you give out per run then... problem solved :D

what if I go to the opposite team's solar rail, take the data mass and carry it around without dropping it anywhere?? They will get upset and leave. and I'll leave and go online and do it again. after it is war...

Dat troll  defence is OP nerf plz. Seriously, not the best type of mission for conflicts. 

Edited by Monolake

Dat troll  defence is OP nerf plz. Seriously, not the best type of mission for conflicts. 

i handt even thought about it.

just join in, screw with the datamass and abort mission.

i cant think of worse ways to grief on the rails. this is literally worse that setting resource taxes.

i handt even thought about it.

just join in, screw with the datamass and abort mission.

i cant think of worse ways to grief on the rails. this is literally worse that setting resource taxes.

Dont abort, people will leave but everyone will join you again, unless they play private...   its broken

S#&amp;&#036;tiest. Change. Ever.
DE, pull your heads out of your Lotus access points! WE DONT WANT MORE OF THE SAME! WE WANT NEW!
The rail conflicts were fun, interesting and most important of all, NEW. I liked sabotating the rail, it made sense!
Now what, we access a computer, download/upload data and that destroys a rail? STUPID! STUPID I SAY!
Bring back the old conflict mission type and FFS, have a poll where you ask people if something even catches our attention. SHEESH!

• 1 month later...

Really now we have to do Mobile Defense? lol I hated running conflicts period but I did run them once in a while.. now you've really killed it..     

what if I go to the opposite team's solar rail,  take the data mass and carry it around without dropping it anywhere?? They will get upset and leave. and I'll leave and go online and do it again. edited>>>>it is war after all <<< edited...

I hope you understand my point of view.

This happened today at Malva, someone with no weapons came in, put the Datamass at the highest secret ledge he could find and then went idle. He was a clanner, so he might have been from the opposing one. Is that possible? If so why can they join missions against their own alliance anyway? On the brightside a decisive judgement and a flow dropped on that run, and I got the mass back down from the ledge after some trial and error :D Got paid too, to my surprise, figured with all the dawdling the reserve would have run out...