Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Having Trouble With Strict Nat

Raito1337

Yes, I know, this has been posted thousand times, and I've been searching all over the place and was unable to find anything that could help me. My Warframe always tells me I have a strict NAT, disabled UpnP and should open the ports. I tried disabling all of my firewalls, port forwarding the ports, activating UpnP and disabling it and restarting the game and all that stuff, and I still cannot get it to work. The only solution that fixes it entirely is having DMZ enabled, which I read is not optimal and could potentially be dangerous. My router is a Vodafone Easy Box 602. Anyone know any fixes?

Something I have done which has fixed my problem with Strict Nat is this;

Go to options and change the ports used by your game to something else and restart the game.

I have Strict NAT when I play on the game's default ports, but not on anything else.

That message sometime happen to me as well (mostly after warframe crash or get a update) Just ignore it if is working online and people can join, Rebooting the router can help in some case. Check your UPnP setting in your router and check if the port are already here (or if they is something at all!) If UPnP is off, you can always turn it on (the best way is port-forward but this is a lot's easier). Did it fix your issue?

Edit: adding a example of my UPnP setting (The Gui may be different then yours)

8b401f2b12aa8061fab3438d52877117.png

Edited by Ninjamander

Same boat as you bud. But one thing I've noticed is that when I am away from home (i play on a laptop) and using wifi from wherever I'm staying I don't get this warning. 

So Despite forwarding the ports to that IP, the only conclusion I have come to is that I need a new router. As the old one is almost 15 if not more years old, there might be something amiss in there.

The message is always there, no matter what I do, like I said. The only solution I found is activating DMZ, which I don't want to have activated as it seems to be very risky. I tried activating UpnP and port forwarding.

today i switched routers, after i joined my new wifi and started playing it gave me this message saying: Strict NAT detected. UPnP not detected. please forward UPD ports... to 192.168.. what to do? i already tried changing to upd ports in the in-game settings

Edited by Payne_Gain