Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dood Inside The Warframe

Corth

One possibility I've been toying with in my head is that each Warframe is Like a Biomechanical Soul Jar for a Tenno, and that we, the Tenno, Exist as Seperate "Ghost." Its may be that Warframe's need to be kept in CryoStasis due to their biological nature, to keep it from decaying without relatively consistent care. "Naked Nick" may be a Literal Placeholder warframe, a Low maintenance body to occupy for extended Stasis

The DE supplied description already has us as a mindless killing machine hellbent on overthrowing the solar system as directed by our Lotus handlers.

The way some of the posters are going on about warframe function reminds me of that Eldar Exarch wh40k lore.

that is some goooood lore.

One possibility I've been toying with in my head is that each Warframe is Like a Biomechanical Soul Jar for a Tenno, and that we, the Tenno, Exist as Seperate "Ghost." Its may be that Warframe's need to be kept in CryoStasis due to their biological nature, to keep it from decaying without relatively consistent care. "Naked Nick" may be a Literal Placeholder warframe, a Low maintenance body to occupy for extended Stasis

SilverBones, I think, liked that idea too. Until the devs came out and said that the frames were very definitely suits with people inside.

I guess the prisoners you rescue and Naked Nick are the Tenno without suits.

SilverBones, I think, liked that idea too. Until the devs came out and said that the frames were very definitely suits with people inside.

aw, ah well back to the drawing board!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a girl and I would LOVE the option for a female Excalibur. Every time the Grineer shout "Get him!" part of my brain keeps wanting to turn around and look for the "him" behind me somewhere.

There's a good idea... Why not a male and a female variation for each warframe?

Also did you just reference Disgaea?

:P

You gotta have smarts, dood.

Well, a Dev said that to one person back before they were released, not publicly. Since then there has been a lot of changes and whatnot, so I am still holding out hope that as they address the lore, they start revealing some more... technical details about the Tenno and revisiting some of the science.

I can dream, damnit!

Edited by SilverBones

Yea, I think the community needs a little bit of a hand, via official lore published, to sort out this idea. If they clarify what the tenno are in regards to their warframes, I think this should allow all of us to streamline all our future ideas as well as put to rest some problems we may have. With the current set of suggestions I can see the following:

1. The tenno have a physical body

- Then as the player do we play a person or just some "commander"?

- If we play as the person, that arises the need for differing gender warframes as the name "rhino" is now just a classification of frame.

- After shields are breached on the frames, should there be "blood" splatter at X amount of hp to signify the person inside?

2. The "Ghost"

- This idea puts to rest the need for differing gendered warframes (since we hope from frame to frame)

- Should this body also have "blood" splatter since it is biomechanical?

Personally, I like the former idea. It gives me a sort of "attachment" to my character, thus breeds my loyalties to other players and grounds me in the fact that as a tenno I prefer the rhino frame. Also, in light of future updates (specifically the clan/dojo/cell), how are we to justify that there are 2 excaliburs in 1 room, which also applies to in mission.

There's a good idea... Why not a male and a female variation for each warframe?

"Although less fantastic, another theory is that there are not actually thousands of individual Tenno as represented by the number of players in the game, instead, each "class" of warframe actually represents an individual Tenno rather than a variety of armor, and in reality there are only twelve Tenno in existance (one for each Warframe)."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tenno

I think this is the most reasonable theory yet.

Edited by Asdren

Haps something akin to this:

The 'know' are are a sybiotic parasite developed by the Orokin to hold and create knowledge and pass it on to other beings.  These parasites require hosts with which to live in and are unable to survive outside a host for very long.  Over the centuries the Orokin discovered that humans provided the best enviroment for the Know and chose to bless them with the symbiotes.

The human's that share their body with the Know thusly gain great enhancements to fortitude, agility and strength as well as full acess to the knowledges of the Know.

Originally the Orokin chose 10 humans for thier cause, leading to the hybrids being refered to as 'The Ten Know'.  As time passed more and more humans and Know were bonded leading to the development of the Orokin Warframes.  Hundreds of years later the term Ten Know has evolved to encompass the entire group though the original name for them has also evolved to Tenno.

Just some idea I had. :)

"Although less fantastic, another theory is that there are not actually thousands of individual Tenno as represented by the number of players in the game, instead, each "class" of warframe actually represents an individual Tenno rather than a variety of armor, and in reality there are only twelve Tenno in existance (one for each Warframe)."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tenno

I think this is the most reasonable theory yet.

Then how come there can be 2-4 of the same Frame together?

Good points.

But who are these commanders then? Why do they bother? Why can't they control more than one WarFrame? Why do they undisputely complete the missions?

Is it even something that exists or something we created to make sense of WarFrame?

Even if there was just a single line stating "You're a dood in a basement controlling space samurai via a tv-remote and a webcam" it'd add a great layer of immersion.

There's a lot left unexplained so far, and it is still a beta, so these questions will likely be answered, but as for completing missions or following orders without question, there's one who doesn't, the Stalker, a Tenno who appears to have gone rogue, and actually works *against* all other Tenno.

UPDATE:

Looks like the Devs have retro'd out any explanation in the last Dev Stream. It's still undecided! Theories all around!