The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe [Chrone/chronus] Time Manipulator

Kahereck

Doesn't Rhino have a time-altering Ulti? I think this frame sounds cool, but def. needs some streamlining.  Since gravity actually speeds or slows passage of time, I would alter some powers to reflect a control of gravity and make him more of a tank with a good mix of buff/debuffing and offense

While in the laws of physics...yes...but I think we should avoid the connection simply to open up possibilities for a gravitationally focused Warframe. 

and GTG, what do you mean by debuff?

I think this character would be a tad slow and average or low on shields, in exchange for high stamina, starting power and health.

sort of like a mix between Volt and Frost.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

While in the laws of physics...yes...but I think we should avoid the connection simply to open up possibilities for a gravitationally focused Warframe. 

and GTG, what do you mean by debuff?

I think this character would be a tad slow and average or low on shields, in exchange for high stamina, starting power and health.

sort of like a mix between Volt and Frost.

Slowing down enemy bullets to make half the damage! Rusting up enemy weapons to make then so inacurate they wouldn't hit a barn door! Making enemy shield fizzle out, running through powersupply in seconds! Making their armour decay! Dunno, what can a debuff mean? I'm not the one who suggested it.

Rhino knocks them in the air and basically stuns them, while Epoch can slow the bullets that pass through his little orbaura or whatever its going to look like and it would also slow down enemies but they would still be able to take actionsunlike when Rhino completely just stuns them all.

Rhino knocks them in the air and basically stuns them, while Epoch can slow the bullets that pass through his little orbaura or whatever its going to look like and it would also slow down enemies but they would still be able to take actionsunlike when Rhino completely just stuns them all.

Also, did you edit away everything from the op?

1st ability - time walk - teleports and slow all enemies for x%. 2nd ability - backtrack - dodge all damage. 3rd ability - time lock - stun enemies for x seconds with each melee attck. 4rd ability - Chronoshpere - stop the time in 20 m radius for X seconds. Welcome to Warframe, mr Faceless Void!

Edited by Nedwin

1st ability - time walk - teleports and slow all enemies for x%. 2nd ability - backtrack - dodge all damage. 3rd ability - time lock - stun enemies for x seconds with each melee attck. 4rd ability - Chronoshpere - stop the time in 20 m radius for X seconds. Welcome to Warframe, mr Faceless Void!

And all the wibbly-wobbly time stuff.

Who's mister faceless void?

Also, did you edit away everything from the op?

What do you mean?

Also yesterday i showed this to my friend and apparently it was a Zilean ripoff i doubt its anything like Faceless Void too xD

Edited by Kahereck

How about a Time-Freezing crowd control/support ability as his 3rd ability.

He could stop the time and freeze enemies in place for a short period, giving him some air when getting surrounded.

Edited by Sugarmama

What do you mean?

Also yesterday i showed this to my friend and apparently it was a Zilean ripoff i doubt its anything like Faceless Void too xD

Well, for example I remember your Ult being called "Epoch"

How about a Time-Freezing crowd control/support ability as his 3rd ability.

He could stop the time and freeze enemies in place for a short period, giving him some air when getting surrounded.

Would be cool if all the damage to them was held until the ability ends.

The first ability sounds technically difficult to achieve and approaching infeasibility.

You'd have to keep a cache of All actor's positions and stats for the past X seconds in memory. It would have to act as a queue. It is possible but seems like a lot of data for just one ability.

Also how many enemies do we have on screen at once?

The first ability sounds technically difficult to achieve and approaching infeasibility.

You'd have to keep a cache of All actor's positions and stats for the past X seconds in memory. It would have to act as a queue. It is possible but seems like a lot of data for just one ability.

Also how many enemies do we have on screen at once?

What if it was a power you targeted a player with, and the stats and position was saved, and a timer started. After the timer reached the limit, the player would be shifted back to that position. I know it would fundamentally change the use of the power, but Ryanshow brings up a good point, and doing it this way would use up a lot less resources and be much more feasible, while keeping the theme of time and the base of the original idea.

Well, on Defence there can be a LOT of enemies on screen. And, I think, the max for usual are about twenty grineer in that one big room, or so... 

I guess saving a position for someone is cool, but it would open surprising trolling possibilities. They already nerfed switch teleport beause of that...

I really believe in the community, its not toxic or anything like that alot of abilities can troll ATM one of them being the Loki TP but people still arent rapidly using it to troll, plus I doubt alot of people wants to get so far in the game, get a warframe from blueprints or spend money on it JUST to troll, I dont believe the community is like that ATM xD.

Edited by Kahereck

I really believe in the community, its not toxic or anything like that alot of abilities can troll ATM one of them being the Loki TP but people still arent rapidly using it to troll, plus I doubt alot of people wants to get so far in the game, get a warframe from blueprints or spend money on it JUST to troll, I dont believe the community is like that ATM xD.

Well, I'm sure that out of million tenno out there, someone will start trolling, and after that we can only hope it doesn't take in/doesn't lead to severe nerfs. I mean, I was NEVER trolled by a loki (well, excluding unintentional ones when I got my stealth run fracked up because I managed to get through most of the "kill 10 unalerted enemies" before three other doods joined), but now I won't be able to use the switch teleport even if I will build him (and I will, I guess).

Well, I'm sure that out of million tenno out there, someone will start trolling, and after that we can only hope it doesn't take in/doesn't lead to severe nerfs. I mean, I was NEVER trolled by a loki (well, excluding unintentional ones when I got my stealth run fracked up because I managed to get through most of the "kill 10 unalerted enemies" before three other doods joined), but now I won't be able to use the switch teleport even if I will build him (and I will, I guess).

So is switch screwed intentionally and DE didnt announce it? I thought it was a bug ...

So is switch screwed intentionally and DE didnt announce it? I thought it was a bug ...

Dunno, all I have are rumors, nothing on the hot topics thread even. I guess it is a bug, but I can't be sure. 7.9 introduced even better ones, and I like to think that some of them (like overheats' knockback resistance) are actually made by devs.

Edited by GTG3000

+1

When I saw this thread the first image that came to my mind was Dr Nefarious Tropy :)

I think fourth ability with a freeze time where you shooting bullets which stay in the position you shot in same with powers but are able to freely move about. Once the time is up it slowly transitions into game speed over say 5 seconds, so you get to watch everything in slow motion speeding up.

• 3 weeks later...