The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Elements Were 100% Utility + No Rng?

NetSlayer

Just purely theory here.. I think it would remove the need for element per faction.

Reasons like: Equipping mods that don't suit your colour theme for example... 

Idea: New status of procs. everything deals "procs" by default, if not immediately then after a set amount of hits dependant of category of weapon.

Examples:

- Snipers proc on every trigger pull.
- DMR's (latron, attica) and shotguns on every 3 trigger pulls.
- Rifles on every 5 trigger pulls.
- LMG's on every 15 trigger pulls.
- Bow's on every fully charged trigger pull.
- Exotics such as launcher's and flamethrowers can proc on every hit (but have different set of disadvantages)

Toxic - Decrease Attack damage/trigger pulls (they become weak with the toxin).
Cold - Decrease Speed.
Electric - Spread base damage to nearby enemies in a wide radius (Diluted).
Heat - Enemies panic and roll after a few hits.

Corrosive - Decrease resistance to projectile damage.
Radiation - Increases chance of turning on allies/ allies turning on them.
Gas - Spread base damage to enemies in a small radius (concentrated).
Viral - Enemies that try to reload or try to run feel sick for 5 seconds. 
Magnetic - Attract damage from projectiles and take more melee damage.
Blast - Knockdown on proc.
What do you think? 

Edited by NetSlayer

While the numbers aren't set in stone and does need balance.

It's basically scrap RNG for status.

Make a new stat for weapons.. on every X trigger pull you will get a free proc of your choice.

It could be higher for dual zorens and extremely lower for Latron for example.

Edited by NetSlayer

Proc what, though?

At any time, your average gun has 5 different status's(sp?) that it can inflict.

this theory is exclusive to elements. The original 3 I guess would still be related to status chance.

Edited by NetSlayer

The only thing I currently dislike about procs is that it seems to pick only ONE of the possible weapon's damage types via RNG, which makes even weapons that reach up to (or above) 100% status chance rather annoying to use, as having slash, impact and puncture on it as base, those three can and will also be in the proc-list, even if their effect is not what you actually want (like when you have radiation on your gun to turn enemies against each other, and even after 15 hits, it still hasn't proc'd a single radiation status, but whatever else is on it.

When a weapon hits, all the procs should be allowed to roll for effect, so if you got a 100% proc chance, that's 100% to EVERY status, not just one at a time. :/ 

So weapons like Ignis, Synapse, Stug, and Detron get a major buff, but traditional weapons are left to chance?

Well ignis is limited in that it deals only elemental damage. In this case

You can mod it out and you would get more utility out of it... but not more damage.

Damage mods would then exclusively increase damage.

See what I mean? They don't get a buff in terms of damage, the buff is present in proc type - > trigger pulls, CC ability.

The only thing I currently dislike about procs is that it seems to pick only ONE of the possible weapon's damage types via RNG, which makes even weapons that reach up to (or above) 100% status chance rather annoying to use, as having slash, impact and puncture on it as base, those three can and will also be in the proc-list, even if their effect is not what you actually want (like when you have radiation on your gun to turn enemies against each other, and even after 15 hits, it still hasn't proc'd a single radiation status, but whatever else is on it.

When a weapon hits, all the procs should be allowed to roll for effect, so if you got a 100% proc chance, that's 100% to EVERY status, not just one at a time. :/ 

I think DE wanted to do this and alot of the current effects are in fact compatible. Stun and toxic for example. Can both occur at the same time.

But Stun proc and electric stun proc cannot happen at the same time...

Or a better example... in what situation of animation could you stun anim and knockdown ragdoll at the same time? 

Well ignis is limited in that it deals only elemental damage. In this case

You can mod it out and you would get more utility out of it... but not more damage.

Damage mods would then exclusively increase damage.

See what I mean? They don't get a buff in terms of damage, the buff is present in proc type - > trigger pulls, CC ability.

I understand it, I just don't necessarily enjoy the concept.

Nothing personal, it just doesn't float my goat.

I think DE wanted to do this and alot of the current effects are in fact compatible. Stun and toxic for example. Can both occur at the same time.

But Stun proc and electric stun proc cannot happen at the same time...

Or a better example... in what situation of animation could you stun anim and knockdown ragdoll at the same time? 

well, given the logical answer, impact staggers, while electricity causes a zapping effect. So if you get hit by both, your body would be knocked back BEFORE you can spaz out. (it would start playing the electricity stun animation after ending the stagger).

As for explosive + stun/stagger, explosive would always take the highest priority, as the shockwave launches the body around, until the enemy drops to the floor, there's no way to stagger nor zap them. Once they're on the ground, either of those effects could potentially kick into action.

I'm pretty sure you just explained Damage 1.0 in a nutshell.

Nah, Damage 1.0 was "Physics Impact, Armor Piercing, Serrated Blade, Toxin, or Tickle, pick one."

We still have this problem, except it's now "Tickle is your only option."... but enemies only reach the levels where that's the problem when you do stupidly long Survival or Wave Defense runs- all standard content doesn't really have much of an armor problem.