Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bow For The Tenno!

Winchester117

It would be cool to get a new bow, a bow to reign supreme over all other bows in Warframe. The Dragon Nikana of bows you could say. Something that would require you to have a high mastery rank just to get and stuff like that. Just a thought since I am an archery fan through and through.

So, you want a weapon that outclasses everything and makes people go to it. The point is to promote variety, not stifle it.

I'm an extremely devoted archery fan as well, but even I would hate this.

Edited by Kashiki

Sure but only if it looks beautiful and artisctic not Like Dread or Paris Prime, Deard looks like a child's Toy and Paris prime just looks like two bowls taped to a stick. 

why not make it a evenly distributed stat wise like make IPS the same and with a Crit chane/multi that fits it.

howabout instead of asking for Stat Creep you don't need, you suggest something cool?

a well presented Fan Concept can easily inspire Digital Extremes to make something similar, or even just put it in game.

but asking for higher Stats for no real reason isn't really a very good suggestion, and will be ignored by 'the powers that be'.

I could see making more xbows, but seriously, Dread and Paris Prime are the best sniper-type weapons in the game at the current moment.

So until they buff sniper rifles back into being "useful" without being a gimmick build, hell no.

As for the personn *@##$ing about the crit builds, bro, bow crit builds aren't real crit builds. You hit 100% crit chance on both Dread and Paris Prime with non-maxed Point Strike mods. That's not a crit build, that's a free multiplicative +100%, +340%, or +460% depending on how many mods you want to add to it.

A "crit" build operates like a slot machine. The current sniper rifles are all like this especially the Lanka.

Fire Lanka (Serration, Split, Speed, Storm, Infected, Point, Vital, Hammer; all maxed)

- Roll multishot: 90% chance

-- Multishot successful, two bullets

--- Roll Crit for Bullet 1: 50% chance

--- Roll Crit for Bullet 2: 50% chance

-- Multishot unsuccessful, one bullet

--- Roll Crit for Bullet 1: 50% chance

Multiplier chart...

- 22.5% x8.4 (double crit)

- 45.0% x5.2 (double single crit)

- 5.00% x4.2 (single crit)

- 22.5% x2.0 (double no crit)

- 5.00% x1.0 (single no crit)

I do between 1x and 8.4x damage, normalizing to 4.9625x (just barely less than 5x).

Comparing the same build on a Dread/ParisP, the multiplier chart is a ton cleaner...

- 90% x11.2 (double crit)

- 10% x5.60 (single crit)

Deals between x5.6 and x11.2, for a normalized x10.64

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I want a bow that doesnt rely on crits. I hate crit builds. Also they need to make a legit cross bow that has one shot in the mag and has very high damage like a vectis but with a bow

since we aren't limited by silly Human Muscles, Bows will always outclass Crossbows in raw power. a Longbow blows any Crossbow out of the water, provided you can pull it back.

the only advantages a Crossbow has is convenience of not needing to hold the string back, a more compact design, easier(but slower) Reload(assuming single bolt or single arrow), Et Cetera.

mechanically, a Longbow has more range, more power, and is faster to Reload.

however, there is one minor advantage. they have a higher Velocity right off the string. however, they lose velocity faster than a Longbow does. so at point blank range, you could say they have more power. but further than that, the Longbow completely wins out.

again, since we aren't limited by worldly factors such as drawback weight, we can ultimately make a Longbow always more powerful than a Crossbow.

again, since we aren't limited by worldly factors such as drawback weight, we can ultimately make a Longbow always more powerful than a Crossbow.

Even if we were limmited on draw weight, Complex Bows are a thing for a reason. We scienced ourselves a better bow irl, we could always science ourselves a better bow in games, too =P

Even if we were limmited on draw weight, Complex Bows are a thing for a reason. We scienced ourselves a better bow irl, we could always science ourselves a better bow in games, too =P

Crossbows and Bows can both use any technology we develop for one of them. because they're very similar Weapons.

aren't all bows Tenno? i mean as far a i know even  stalker is a Tenno

The only possible space for another bow is a cernos prime.

that would actually work as cernos uses impact which makes it an alternative instead of an upgrade, but they have to avoid many fancy remakes cernos looks great already