Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Cloth Physics – Please Restore ( Fixed! )

megazomb

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post in. However, the base Hydroid helmet and alt helmet origianlly had great looking dangly bits for the face. Not sure when it happened, but all those parts are static now. Please restore, DE. Thank you!

Edit: Just noticed that his tail-coat is now locked in static mode too (front part is still good though).

Edit 2: FIXED! Thank you DE!

Edited by megazomb

Dear DE,

I saw another thread in the bug section regarding this topic. It seems the cloth physics nerf on Hydroid was intention as part of optimizations. I understand it was to help lower-end machines.

However, one of the sole reasons I spent Platinum on him is because of his excellent character model and great cloth physics which are showcased in his profile video:

https://warframe.com/game/warframes/hydroid

18 seconds in and I was sold.  

And now? His dynamic bits are all static. In-game and in-motion he looks like an older frame without the updated tech, like Frost. I’m torn because on one hand I understand why it was done, but on the other, I feel upset that such a cool feature was taken away and not even mentioned in the patch notes.

I would be very grateful if you would consider coding in a toggle option for those of us with machines that can handle the load, and restore what is advertised in his profile vid. 

Ouch. Is that true? That would be unfortunate, as WF will never be able to reach its fullest potential if DE is letting things like this limit it. 

I understand the plight of having a lower-end machine, and I'm overjoyed that DE is helping them out. At the same time, it feels like a lot of great things are being squandered as DE is beginning to balance according to the lowest common denominator. Is it really optimization if features are just straight up getting cut out?

But I have faith that this isn't something they'll give up on. It seems to be something they were pushing really hard for.

yeah they were great but they were clipping a lot, with every move they were clipping into the chest. I thinks that's why they locked them in such a way.

They have also fixed some part to clip less with weapons. So it's not a fix for lower end machines but a fix for better general quality. And I agree with this choice. Clipping and collision problems are the real aesthetical nightmare for graphist and modlers.

edit : (in fact the long one are still clipping...)

Edited by Zkorp

yeah they were great but they were clipping a lot, with every move they were clipping into the chest. I thinks that's why they locked them in such a way.

They have also fixed some part to clip less with weapons. So it's not a fix for lower end machines but a fix for better general quality. And I agree with this choice. Clipping and collision problems are the real aesthetical nightmare for graphist and modlers.

edit : (in fact the long one are still clipping...)

They weren't clipping that badly. Oberon clips and so to syandanas. Do they need to be locked as well?

It's a terrible choice and seeing how we've dealt with it so long, I don't see how it's suddenly a problem because it never really was a real problem. 

If things like these are going to exist, they need to be toggeable and by default everything should be on. If you want more performance it should be up to the player to turn them off, not the other way around.

Edited by Naith

Sorry, I agree, but clipping is so ugly and so bad that they should not release new frames before a serious QA, and the new frames are so prompt to have that issue that's sad.

Hydroids clipping wasn't even that bad. I'd rather have some clipping opposed to none at all.

Thanks for all the additions and fixes with 13.3.0

Honestly though, the only one I would have loved to see was not addressed – a return or option for Hydroids’ full cloth physics. Many new Hydroid users do not even realize what is missing. Sigh.

I don’t mind the face physics being taken away as much as his coat-tail locked in place, because that was his best aesthetic feature imo. It was beautiful eye-candy to strafe-block either right or left and then his coat-tail flow in the opposite direction; it felt and looked like ‘next-gen’ stuff because it was/is.

Apologies in advance, but I am probably going to bump this thread when updates arrive sans HCP – Hydroid Cloth Physics

This might be a bug with a missed integration. I'll ask our QA staff to take a look. On the Development Server, all tentacles/bears/coat pieces have cloth physics like normal.

Finally DE has addressed this issue! I've been trying to raise awareness of this bug for ages, and I'm glad someone captured their attention!

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be fixed in Update 14, when we bring all of our recent fixes across to Live. I haven't been able to track down whose change actually fixed the issue, so I can't ask the programmers to bring it across into a hot fix.

So, U14 is soon-ish then?

It'll be fixed in Update 14, when we bring all of our recent fixes across to Live. I haven't been able to track down whose change actually fixed the issue, so I can't ask the programmers to bring it across into a hot fix.

Will Frost ever get physics added to his robe, or whatever he is wearing?