The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

RB was not overpowered. Why is Stomp, Miasma, Overload or a speed Nova not overpowered?

You're comparing a second ability to Ultimates. RB could be used to literally stunlock entire rooms and the following next and be spammed as such.

While granted a lot of ults can be spammed nowadays that doesn't change the fact that RB is still cheaper to cast than any of those powers you mentioned. Besides there's the effectiveness ratio between a secondary and an ultimate, in all the other frames there's effectivenes and utility to a secondary power (at least that's the intention, for some are UP) but not to the point where it overshadows or rivals the effectiveness of the ult itself.

I don't agree with DE in the way they nerfed it, but for what it was meant to be it was indeed too powerful.

What's the point of SUPERJUMP, if every warframe can now perform it through directional melee?

This is my question.

I've seen some people pull out some very specific scenarios to justify super jump being fine as is, but honestly I think it's better to look at the whole spectrum here, so many people want SJ reworked or tweaked because they see that on the overall gameplay it's usage is very, very limited.

SJ can keep it's currennt functionality for all I care, but an ability that has straigh verticality as it's only purpose has no use in the current warframe.

I still believe it to be a bad ability but I would just like to throw out that the new super jump does have an alternative use.

You can make use of that invisibility.  

Super jump is quite useful when used in a defensive action because you can use it to reload a weapon safely.

Off the top of my head I cannot remember if its you reload then jump or jump then reload. 

However the end result is that you get enough time to reload a weapon while being invisible in the air. 

Mobs will not attack you till you land and are visible again.

Not a great bonus but can safe your life in the long survival games with a long reload weapon. 

(Now watch as DE takes this away and makes me cry for tring to find a use for super jump.)

Except that you're animation locked until you begin to fall and not every weapon has reload time fast enough to be completed while falling (and be reminded that the invisibility lasts only while you're in the air. Not to mention that this is still dependant on open/wide spaces to make use of it.

So again, this ability and the things you can do with it are really only useful or even possible in some very specific scenarios.

Sam aidiyez.

Sreshu deshu: Reload while animation, and when the swing occures, a small knockdown AoE will activate.

Redikel damb: Efter the blind, enemies who see light are overturned, backs facing the light. This allows for stealth finishers. AoE knockdown on the enemies close to the light....

Suuuper Jamp: AoE knockdown on jamp. Rilod occures during jump.. Rimember, invis iz arsem.

Redikel Spiyerz: The enemies that are hit bat not dawn fo de kaunt, will try to remove the Javelins from their bodies. During that animation, they will be procced by bleeding. They will be continuosly bleeding and the proc timer is treated as started during impact and the last proc will begin after the removal of said javelins.

Pesivs:Faster animations including for meilei weaponry and reloading for guns. His normal jump is a tinge higher than the others.

After all, he IS a scout... A Boy Skaut hu laiks Tu Kat.. >:D

Sam aidiyez.

Sreshu deshu: Reload while animation, and when the swing occures, a small knockdown AoE will activate.

Redikel damb: Efter the blind, enemies who see light are overturned, backs facing the light. This allows for stealth finishers. AoE knockdown on the enemies close to the light....

Suuuper Jamp: AoE knockdown on jamp. Rilod occures during jump.. Rimember, invis iz arsem.

Redikel Spiyerz: The enemies that are hit bat not dawn fo de kaunt, will try to remove the Javelins from their bodies. During that animation, they will be procced by bleeding. They will be continuosly bleeding and the proc timer is treated as started during impact and the last proc will begin after the removal of said javelins.

Pesivs:Faster animations including for meilei weaponry and reloading for guns. His normal jump is a tinge higher than the others.

After all, he IS a scout... A Boy Skaut hu laiks Tu Kat.. >:D

My brain hurst

Excalibur: Slash Dash: Surging Dash:  Each enemy hit has a chance to increase the melee counter by 1/2/3/4.

Just want to say that this is awesome DE!

Cant wait to get my hands on it and give it a go.

this is not at all awesome, this is something the ability should inherently all ready do, as stated in this and other threads literally thousands of times. If anytthing..... this is outrageous!

this is not at all awesome, this is something the ability should inherently all ready do, as stated in this and other threads literally thousands of times. If anytthing..... this is outrageous!

Now I do agree with you on this. The ability should do this as a basic feature.

However at least they have clearly listened and implemented this in one form into the game.

We cannot have everything exactly how we want. Its a give and take thing. We now finally can make use of slash dash how we wanted. 

In the normal basic basic form (no new mod), slash dash is still a terribly flawed and useless ability that is in desperate need of a design and rework.

Especially in the face of the new air melee attack.

DE needs to address these issues at some point and I have no intention of stop asking for another Excalibur ability pass.

That does not mean that I am not quite grateful that DE clearly does listen and have implement what the player base have been asking for these last few months in at least one form or another.

It is a step forward at least and lets not be hateful and take that step together?

That does not mean that I am not quite grateful that DE clearly does listen and have implement what the player base have been asking for these last few months in at least one form or another.

It is a step forward at least and lets not be hateful and take that step together?

+1

It's a totally free game, I've never had such an experience with a F2p game and I've never seen such an active staff.

Let's be hopeful in them, and accept everything they give us with respect and aknowledging they have a lot of work to do.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Now I do agree with you on this. The ability should do this as a basic feature.

However at least they have clearly listened and implemented this in one form into the game.

We cannot have everything exactly how we want. Its a give and take thing. We now finally can make use of slash dash how we wanted. 

In the normal basic basic form (no new mod), slash dash is still a terribly flawed and useless ability that is in desperate need of a design and rework.

Especially in the face of the new air melee attack.

DE needs to address these issues at some point and I have no intention of stop asking for another Excalibur ability pass.

+1

It's a totally free game, I've never had such an experience with a F2p game and I've never seen such an active staff.

Let's be hopeful in them, and accept everything they give us with respect and aknowledging they have a lot of work to do.

Well i guess it´s true that it´s better to have it this way then not have it at all and i do hope everybody realizes that my intention is never to be hatefull or ungratefull for what DE does, after all me coming here into the Forums voer and over again and suggesting tons of stuff should be proof enough that i do love this game.

But it´s still the worst way this could have happend, a lot of people, me included, have been voicing there concerns towards the augments pretty much instantly after they came out. It can´t be that augments are used to fix otherwise useless abilitys, every Ability has to be worth using on it´s own with augments offering additional elements to it.

Some of them live up to that standard, most of them don´t and Surging Dash is now the best example of a deeply flawed Augment!

It would be fine if Slash Dash would add +1 to the Melee Hit Counter per enemy hit on it´s on and Surging Dash increases this (as it does) by a good amount, but adding this function exclusively to the augment is a slap in the face to all people who voiced there opinion about Excalibur in the last 6 Months.

Well, the augment for Excal is a not bad waya to incorporate this, unless we had a dedicated slots for augments...
Also, they tend to ignore some basic statements, which require overall reworks, and instead just add new content.
Quite disappointing though still not so bad.

Updated Main Post with a review on Surging Dash + Ideas for a passive and some Stat addjustments, be sure to check it out before you comment! ^^

I was just about to suggest that particular change for Slash Dash.

I've seen many people suggesting that SD just increases the melee counter but on it's own it's essentially worthless, why? Because the combo counter just dies too quickly and it is not unusual for one to SD into a group of enemies only to end up a distance away from them or they tend to spread out just enough rather quickly.

If having SD inherit traits from the equipped melee is not a pleasant enough idea then at least make it so it is affected by melee bonuses in general. Be it stealth bonuses, Steel Charge and combo multipliers, etc., that'd actually make it a great ability. It needs something to be able to stand out on it's own.

I would much rather have super jump be a passive while the 3rd skill be changed to a skill where Excalibur equips his Energy Skana and use it. This will be just like Hysteria but you will be able to take damage during it. However, you can cancel it whenever you like.

This skill not only fits into Excalibur's theme, but has excellent synergy with Excalibur's other abilities as well. Along with the new augment mods, which are all melee based, Excalibur can become quite viable with a 3rd skill like this.

I would much rather have super jump be a passive while the 3rd skill be changed to a skill where Excalibur equips his Energy Skana and use it. This will be just like Hysteria but you will be able to take damage during it. However, you can cancel it whenever you like.

This skill not only fits into Excalibur's theme, it also has excellent synergy with Excalibur's other abilities as well. Along with the new augment mods, which are all melee based, Excalibur can become quite viable with a 3rd skill like this.

So this Tenno Kenshi is something like this ?? :

Yes, exactly like this! :)

I was just about to suggest that particular change for Slash Dash.

I've seen many people suggesting that SD just increases the melee counter but on it's own it's essentially worthless, why? Because the combo counter just dies too quickly and it is not unusual for one to SD into a group of enemies only to end up a distance away from them or they tend to spread out just enough rather quickly.

If having SD inherit traits from the equipped melee is not a pleasant enough idea then at least make it so it is affected by melee bonuses in general. Be it stealth bonuses, Steel Charge and combo multipliers, etc., that'd actually make it a great ability. It needs something to be able to stand out on it's own.

This is why i suggested that Slash Dash also deals multiplied damage based on the Melee Hit Counter.