The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

I'm digging the super charged - that'd be a rad skill as a toggle-able

Personally - I think that Excal's 1 should be similar; have it as a weapon buff

Tranquil vision

3/2/1 e/second

> increase blunt and puncture damage by 10%?

> increase slash damage by 20%

He's already one of the 'melee' based frames and this would strengthen it further as well a synergies very well with the super charge

I am hoping/ praying that super change goes in!

It'd be radtastic!

-Phyrak

Glad you like my idea! ^^ Your concept idea for a melee buff sounds very interesting as well, thing is that i really like slash dash, since it´s a very signature move for swordfighters, if they would only finally buff it to make it as awesome as it looks, that would be great.^^

slash dash its a good mobility skill however it has fallen behind in skills as you can look at rhino,hyrdoid and they both have a secondary effect such as knockdown. Excalibur does not have this and also has the problem of it not scaling very well.

slash dash: needs to get its damage from the melee being carried and the proc chance from the melee as well.

super jump: this is problem skill some people like and others don't. its another mobility skill which isn't needed since we got slash dash as well as the air strikes which can do basically the same and go in directions not just up while it does have invisibility this does not suit Excalibur as well as the very small radius of the stun it provides, then this also is very situational since you need to be in opened spaces. to be honest this skill has hardly any potential of being used that much and should be buffed or changed.

super jump: provides a stun at the start of the lift and knockdown once he lands which can be increased by duration and range

alternative: is either rockwolf: charge or something such as this

Phase 1 - SPINNING BLADES

* Acts slightly differently upon activation now - When activated, Excalibur summons 6/8/10/12 spinning blades of energy that will follow him for 7/8/9/10 seconds whirling around him, dealing 100/150/200/250 Slash damage a second to every enemy around him (Note: This DPS is independant of the number of blades he has spinning around him). The range of this particular effect is just a couple of meters around him (the radius is equal to about the length of the actual blades)

* In addition, while the blades are whirling around you, Excalibur could have some form of minor protection against ranged projectiles. Something simple, like 15/20/25/30% less damage taken from enemy projectiles or so.

* If you block while the blades are spinning around you, the blades stop spinning for as long as you are blocking and will greatly help you with blocking, instead of damaging nearby enemies! These are the blocking bonuses:

1) It gives you 360 degree blocking!

2) guarantees that the target is counter stunned, allowing you to do the counter finisher if you want to

3) All enemy projectiles are reflected back, dealing 25/50/75/100% of the damage back at the attacker only while blocking.

4)the blocking is done by stamina

want to see something like this so I can get straight in there with my melee and not worry about all those that are using there guns just a like a rhino can get in melee range and come out with nothing wrong with his shields and health

btw not my idea azamagons idea

radial javelin: well it has gotten better since it now hits enemies and unlimited enemies with a stun however the stun is so short that even the animation is longer than the stun as well as the damage now not scaling very well. the damage needs to become finisher damage while also having the stun increased by duration mods. damage possible increased depends on the finisher damage?. radial blind should effect the damage. possibly a cool down like rhino

radial blind: well to me this ahs become very situational now considering it doesn't blind all targets, ok im fine with the ability not blinding through doors that are closed however Im starting to blind about 3 times just to revive a team mate or because there is a tiny block of column or wall that blocks the enemies site. I also have the problem with the fact that I can see enemies either just underneath or above and they don't get blinded. enemies that are even bunched to together seem to have odd times when they are not blinded this ability should be reverted back or give it a fixed radius of what It can blind like 10-15m that blinds not mater what's in the way. Then any range mods then are effected by walls and such.

Edited by tris1

radial blind: well to me this ahs become very situational now considering it doesn't blind all targets, ok im fine with the ability not blinding through doors that are closed however Im starting to blind about 3 times just to revive a team mate or because there is a tiny block of column or wall that blocks the enemies site. I also have the problem with the fact that I can see enemies either just underneath or above and they don't get blinded. enemies that are even bunched to together seem to have odd times when they are not blinded this ability should be reverted back or give it a fixed radius of what It can blind like 10-15m that blinds not mater what's in the way. Then any range mods then are effected by walls and such.

I agree. Especially, when the enemy can one-two shoot your (or in nightmare mode without shields) RB becomes useless. One enemy not blinded is enough to kill you.

if it's not the rep farming, excalibur is dead by now. i tried radial blind. it's ok when the map is not "complicated", but when comes to maps like grineer shipyard, infested ship wreck etc. this ability is pretty much useless.

and i dont know if anyone tried augment mod furious javelin, the damage boost is a joke, not to mention the horrendously long cast time, even with natural talent.

i can understand why DE wants to nerf radial blind, but why not just change its radius to 15m? 25m base range with all the +range mods makes this abiltiy too good, so fix the range not the effectiveness.

ps. maybe i played too much dota and got spoiled by icefrog's balance art. i love warframe but the way it's balanced absolutely makes me feel sad.

if it's not the rep farming, excalibur is dead by now. i tried radial blind. it's ok when the map is not "complicated", but when comes to maps like grineer shipyard, infested ship wreck etc. this ability is pretty much useless.

and i dont know if anyone tried augment mod furious javelin, the damage boost is a joke, not to mention the horrendously long cast time, even with natural talent.

i can understand why DE wants to nerf radial blind, but why not just change its radius to 15m? 25m base range with all the +range mods makes this abiltiy too good, so fix the range not the effectiveness.

ps. maybe i played too much dota and got spoiled by icefrog's balance art. i love warframe but the way it's balanced absolutely makes me feel sad.

Exactly they have over nerfed the skill again and haven't even told us if they will do further tweaks or buffs which he really needs. May I ask how much melee damage does the augment do I'm doing the rep to get it but if it's that bad it's a waist of rep points and a mod slot and time.

Exactly they have over nerfed the skill again and haven't even told us if they will do further tweaks or buffs which he really needs. May I ask how much melee damage does the augment do I'm doing the rep to get it but if it's that bad it's a waist of rep points and a mod slot and time.

i'm still testing it, yesterday i used a unmoded weapon. i think it's about 2-3% per javelin hit. the damage boost is only decent when u r able to hit like 20 enemies at once. also damage buff expires after a while, but i am not sure how much duration and power strength mod could affect it

Edited by Eric1738

My sentiments exactly, again why did they nerf it this way, when they are several other possibilities?

Edited by MichaelSD

Radial Blind cant go through walls but his Javelin can........Excalibur should quit Warframe and go to the next Olympics, because thats one hell-of-an-arm :)

That's because DE logic involves beer.

You have to be drinking in order to understand their changes.

I really like the "Super Charge" idea it would make Excalibro more of sword alone Warfame, I think adding percentage of base melee weapon damage to slash dash would be a good addition. something like 5%/10%/20% per level and can be further extended by strength mods. I think radial blind is fine only thing I would change would be animation, its really old and compared to some new stuff looks poorly.Radial Blind could be changed so it can be casted while staying on the move.

Edited by BartoluX

I really like the "Super Charge" idea it would make Excalibro more of sword alone Warfame, I think adding percentage of base melee weapon damage to slash dash would be a good addition. something like 5%/10%/20% per level and can be further extended by strength mods. I think radial blind is fine only thing I would change would be animation, its really old and compared to some new stuff looks poorly.Radial Blind could be changed so it can be casted while staying on the move.

I think a high damage vs. one opponent ability would fit Excalibur quite well.

No, Radial Blind is NOT fine, see above.

I think a high damage vs. one opponent ability would fit Excalibur quite well.

No, Radial Blind is NOT fine, see above.

I have to strongly disagree! Everything that is targeted against only 1 opponent is pretty much trash in Wf, simply because there are so many enemys in the game, that are always swarming you. 

Good examples of single target Powers that are cool in theory but trash in execution are:

-Soul Punch

-Bullet Attractor

-Freeze

Edited by r0ckwolf

I have to strongly disagree! Everything that is targeted against only 1 opponent is pretty much trash in Wf, simply because there are so many enemys in the game, that are always swarming you. 

Good examples of single target Powers that are cool in theory but trash in execution are:

-Soul Punch

-Bullet Attractor

-Freeze

I never said I know how to realise it well! ;)

I would think along something like the two kind of melee we have now? But hell a copy of Roar for melee would help too!

I know I'm boring, either way I'm going to post my ideas in any discussion about Excalibur

I'm very disappointed about the umpteenth nerf on Excalibur.
I will reclaim my ideas whenever Excalibur is touched by some crazy Dev's decision 
I apologize in advance if my post is out of context

Health and / or Shield: Increase to 125 
OR 
Armor: increase to 100/150 or any combination of these changes 

Power: - 

Speed: 1.1

1) Slash Dash: add 100% slash proc, combo counting, pass through enemies or bounces from enemy to enemy if within the range.

2) Super jump:NEW EFFECT- (this was my idea before the change in jump-stealth) make it directional (the jump comes where I look within the range) at the precise instant when excalibur jumps, the momentum creates a disorienting effect on enemies within 2-3-4-5 meters from the starting point (range is affected by power strength as a force of the jump)
OR
NEW ABILITY-SUPER CHARGE: A perfect (but weaker) combination of Rhino's ROAR and Volt's SPEED - affect only Excalibur

3) Radial Blind:NEW EFFECT- RB should be seen as a blinding burst of energy, and not as a simple burst of light. In this way, if I use Radial Blind and the enemy / target is within the range of the ability, but in another room with the door closed, in other words if it is reachable only physically, RB doesn't work. But if the enemy / target is behind a corner and within the range of the ability, in other words if it is reachable by the explosion of blinding energy that I mentioned before, then works. In short RB become as a fire that propagates in a series of rooms connected to each other, but that is blocked by a fire door.

4) NEW ABILITY-Radial slash: Excalibur summons a sword of spiritual energy which makes a devastating attack 360 degree, (range 5-10-15-20) strong enough to tear everything (partially scaled of the current melee weapon), radiation damage, pass through object. It affects every enemy to its level in range.The enemies to a higher or lower level compared to excalibur are not affected Add a knockdown effect for those who are still alive.

LET ALONE EXCALIBUR!!!!

DE Excalibur was on the right way with the buff you gave to Javelin, now you undid it and it's gone back to even beneath zero.

Undo this nerf (and the other recent ones) and actually tweak him properly, look at how much feedback you're getting about the subject.

If only sometimes developers could read what we adress to them...

Anyway, gonna spam the chat on tomorrow devstream.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this a lot. While I do prefer a change in the Ultimate ability (something that's not AoE), that's a nicer change to Radial Javelin.

Thing is, as a starter Excal needs to be easy to handle and straightforward in use. I'm sure DE said at some point that one of the reasons Loki was removed as a starter was because none of his abilities did damage.

Thing is, as a starter Excal needs to be easy to handle and straightforward in use. I'm sure DE said at some point that one of the reasons Loki was removed as a starter was because none of his abilities did damage.

Loki also required a lot more skill to survive and some not so common mods to make him viable. In most cases new players don't have those mods, so they felt like playing as weak unballanced frame.

Well its been a month since Excalibur came out.

The only changes to him have been a since redacted change to Radial javelin targetting.

I really think DE is not interested in feedback on this issue or on addressing the community points (which have been the same since the pre-15).

I am sure instead they are hard at work on hubs, next frame and next updates.

I think its time we all stopped and come back in two more years so we can attempt to get another excalibur update.