Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce Hotfixes.

Legion-Shields

And I'm here playing GTA Online that just added 3 cars, a bike and a gun after two months and no fixes for issues that are still going strong after after a lot longer than two months. And they brought on more issues, of course, which are unlikely to be taken care of in another two months.

And this is Rockstar I'm talking about. Rockstar.

Get a single update, maybe a hotfix/patch a few hours after, eh... Once a month, or every other month.

Yeah, all these Hotfixes makes DE careless, huh? Haha, if by "careless" you mean that they actually give an &#! and take care of their stuff.

Edited by FatalX7

Besides that aren't hotfixes used to allow people who submitted a clan emblem or clan name change to go through?

So this way they're not waiting for the next major update.

And as said before, need those hotfixes to help deal with those updates.

good point, not on one side or the other about that one, but in an attempt to be consistent:

clan emblems are a big thing to look forward to, imo. For something like that, I wouldn't mind waiting a while.

Yes, because I like waiting 2 months to never for bug fixes so minor they can be pushed in an hour. All because of lockstep with console development and cert schedules (looking at you EA and BioWare).

i never made a recommendation regarding time scales for patches.

And I'm here playing GTA Online that just added 3 cars, a bike and a gun after two months and no fixes for issues that are still going strong after after a lot longer than two months. And they brought on more issues, of course, which are unlikely to be taken care of in another two months.

And this is Rockstar I'm talking about. Rockstar.

good point. perhaps i'm being too harsh on DE. I'm simply bringing this up from an end-user perspective.

content release shouldn't have any bugs at all, but i've opted to exclude that possibility.

Content will ALWAYS have bugs. ESPECIALLY with a small development team, testing can only go through so many screens before release. 

Our purpose as a forum community is to weed out the bugs and inform the devs for the hotfixes. 

Expecting an update to come out with at least a few bugs is like expecting the sun to rise in the west. 

I personally like playing a game with a few bugs that get fixed quickly.  To me, it shows progress, development, change; things that happen in software and game development.  I feel like I as a player grow with the game, that we both change as time goes on, and we get better over time.  Hotfixes happen, because mistakes happen.  No software is ever bug free, and I'd rather experience a few bugs here and there for a short time before they're patched up, than to sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next big update with swooping bug fixes.

Speaking as a software engineer myself, this is how things work (and sometimes, not work - as shown by the bugs that get fixed).  Agile software development is about getting out smaller, more consistent amounts of work out to clients faster, even if it means some bugs need fixing.  This is waaay better than the old mentality of waterfall development where you have several months to do, well, something; only to have it fail months down the road because of a bug that was in the system halfway through.  With agile, you find those bugs when they happen and hopefully squash them before they become a real problem.

Hotfixes aren't going anywhere, and frankly, I'm ok with that.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

And while I typed this a hotfix got deployed. And I am glad about it.

EDIT: and here's why:

- Fixed Power Efficiency mods not decreasing the drain rate of toggle-able powers.

That would have been a bad week for my Nyx. But instead, I only played around a bit with Loki and never got to the Nyx in her broken state.

this patch doesn't even affect me, because i tend not to use frames or powers associated with it's effects. So there's the issue of things which simply are a nuisance to others.

The only solution would be to release new content less frequently and make sure it's well polished.   

DE seems to put a hell of a lot of effort into weekly content updates.

The game is beta; we test and spot the bugs/mistakes that they may have missed.

No. Bugs are an inevitable aspect of game development. You won't find a 3D game with no bugs in it. Period. Unexpected things happen that aren't the fault of sloppy development. They just do. 

It's a good thing that DE gets to things as quickly as they do, and even that's not quick enough for some people. It's much better to have bugs fixed quickly than it is to be stuck with them for months on end... especially because a few game-breaking bugs are bound to work their way in here or there. 

I'm still trying to discern a legitimate reason for postponing hotfixes beyond "I can't be bothered to download them." 

Wait.. since DE is on top of things that break during the implementation of whatever gets added/changed, it comes an issue to correct it immediately instead of waiting till next week as you don't want to log out more than once?

I don't even...

edit; if this is a troll, 9/10 for insanely quick replies to this.. if not, wow. Just wow.

Edited by n0xi0us

>DE makes it possible to patch and let players restart at their convenience.

>its a hassle to restart. Quit forever.

I... Don't even know. I can't think of many games that function like this, most take the game down for an hour or two and then leave it as is. 

Bugs or not.

Hotfixes are needed, and needed fast at that. Any bug in any game that can be fixed fast should be put into the game immediately. Bugs are a problem no matter how small they may be. No company is perfect and creates content that has no bugs. DE is an example of a company working hard to fix bug problems.

this patch doesn't even affect me, because i tend not to use frames or powers associated with it's effects. So there's the issue of things which simply are a nuisance to others.

Here is the main problem because, a certain patch doesn't affect you does not mean you should go around whining about the frequency of updates. I feel like all you want is attention.

I personally like playing a game with a few bugs that get fixed quickly.  To me, it shows progress, development, change; things that happen in software and game development.  I feel like I as a player grow with the game, that we both change as time goes on, and we get better over time.  Hotfixes happen, because mistakes happen.  No software is ever bug free, and I'd rather experience a few bugs here and there for a short time before they're patched up, than to sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next big update with swooping bug fixes.

Speaking as a software engineer myself, this is how things work (and sometimes, not work - as shown by the bugs that get fixed).  Agile software development is about getting out smaller, more consistent amounts of work out to clients faster, even if it means some bugs need fixing.  This is waaay better than the old mentality of waterfall development where you have several months to do, well, something; only to have it fail months down the road because of a bug that was in the system halfway through.  With agile, you find those bugs when they happen and hopefully squash them before they become a real problem.

Hotfixes aren't going anywhere, and frankly, I'm ok with that.

Edit: grammar.

I already expect patches to come out, that is no big surprise. My only complaint is the frequency at which they occur, and how little each one accomplishes. The current hotfix simply doesn't affect my gameplay, but I DO recognize their use.

I only ask for it to occur a bit less often.

The game is beta; we test and spot the bugs/mistakes that they may have missed.

Pbbt, there are still gonna be bugs and mistakes after Beta, we're still gonna be givin' feedbacks and things are still gonna get fixes.

Not much is gonna be different, just what label people use.

... Don't even know. I can't think of many games that function like this, most take the game down for an hour or two and then leave it as is. 

Bugs or not.

This.

I've had the misfortune of playing other games that were terrible at updates and maintenance. Down for hours or sometimes even days at a time. And extensions? Oh god...

DE takes a few minutes tops and all we gotta do is restart the client. It's pretty awesome, actually.

Edited by FatalX7

Pbbt, there are still gonna be bugs and mistakes after Beta, we're still gonna be givin' feedbacks and things are still gonna get fixes.

Not much is gonna be different, just what label people use.

i dont think "it's a beta" holds any weight anymore. most betas dont last anywhere near as long as Warframe has.