Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Hair Needs Work / Could Be More Dense

BrazilianJoe

I am all for hair on Kubrows and infested. 

But this grass-painted-gray texture is not cutting the mustard. 

My game is with all settings maxed, but the texture transparency gets jaggy. 

The quads (or  triangles, whatever) are too rare and spaced. It can be clearly seen that there are layers which grow from a line (where the quad comes out from the body.

Overall it does not look good, especially considering max.visual settings. 

I vote for a 'high quality hair/fur' option setting and an alternative shader-based implementation. Bonus points if the hair moves with physics and changes state/color/length based on game events (jumping, being thrown around, burning). 

Please take another look at the fur, make it look better on full hd+max settings. increase density and improve the hair patches transparency please.

If shader fur is cheap enough computationally, it could be the default though - maybe with a quality slider to tweak precision.

http://www.xbdev.net/directx3dx/specialX/Fur/

http://www.catalinzima.com/xna/tutorials/fur-rendering/

Yes, implementing the code in a proof-of-concept is different from a running game, where there is a processing power budget to be shared with everything else. But, please try!

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Yeah, while I haven't yet been in the game to see them for myself, the Kubrow hair is... really bad, from what I've seen in the pics. It doesn't line up well with the rest of the body (unlike the Tenno Kubrow, which with their full bodies covered look MUCH better).

Maybe I'm just missing something because of only seeing them from second sources, though. We'll have to see.

You want.. Fully, properly simulated hair.. On one enemy type.. In a game...?

Dang. Just.. Dang.

I want a GOOD fur implementation with knobs and levers, so that it can be used on other enemies as well. Kubrows just happen to be the first enemy type with it. 

Would be awesome to see bulbous, spongy tissue patches with irregular patches of sickly hair for that cancerous look on the Infested.

Besides: this is FEEDBACK forum. You may not agree with my feedback, but

SniperDealwithitdance.gif

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Snip

I'm not attacking your opinion, I am quite aware this is a feedback forum...

But do you know how taxing simulated, good-looking fur is? It's actually quite scary. Yeah, it'd be awesome, but if DE are already having to shave off PhysX effects on the sly to try make the game run better on older PC's, imagine what they'd have to do to get fur in.. Actually, they'd just reduce the fur to pretty much what it is now.. It's just not worth it in games. That's why we're only starting to see almost-half-decent hair simulation in games, it's expensive.