The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove General +Dmg Mods And Nerf Elemental Damage Mods

Kiaru

Yeah when all guns are too powerful for you guys why you dont go there in the game where they arent???????

I dont get it!This places are in the game!

DE has explicitly stated they aren't balancing around the ridiculously long Survival runs that finally start to push weapon DPS to it's limit.

Plus, I'm really sick of the Void tileset. The other maps on the solar chart are so much better looking.

It's either pleasing those people and letting the balance and difficulty of Warframe be a S#&$ joke

or man up and take away what shouldn't have been given to begin with- ingredients for OP gear.

Let's be clear: You are wrong.

A more elegant solution would be to keep serration's mod cost and upgrade cost the same, but half it's effectiveness, and put the other half in the actual weapon's leveling (rank 30 rifle + rank 5 serration equals old rank 10 serration), this way veterans, who actually use max serration, lose nothing and newbies get a more tangible sense of progression.

Personally I don't really care, but I could see this keeping people interested.

Edited by ReizoRyuu

Agreed, this is a beta, the mod system is very flawed because of one simple type of mods(general damage). Elemental damage are flawed too, but not as bad as general dmg.

Giving people legendary cores as compensation isn't difficult. Why do people want this game to remain worse because their progress in a "OPEN BETA" might be changed?

Sorry, but you're making the game worse with your attitude. "No I don't want change and want the game to be better because I might lose out on credits and fusion cores!" No, just no. Man up and take a hit for the better of the game YOU LOVE.

If you actually enjoy this game and love it a lot, you'll want to see it IMPROVE. You're being selfish.

dude what you are saying will make the game go downhill

dude what you are saying will make the game go downhill

Mind explaining why?

A more elegant solution would be to keep serration's mod cost and upgrade cost the same, but half it's effectiveness, and put the other half in the actual weapon's leveling (rank 30 rifle + rank 5 serration equals old rank 10 serration), this way veterans, who actually use max serration, lose nothing and newbies get a more tangible sense of progression.

Personally I don't really care, but I could see this keeping people interested.

This would be a good start atleast. Personally, I would just do this and drop out mod. Damage in this game is way too high.

no.

edit: what about the people who grinded and grinded over and over just to max serration and heavy caliber that would be like saying well sry your mods are now worthless cause weps now scale with level my bad

that kind of thing has been and will continue to happen in games. early adopters grind it out and late adopters don't. its nothing really to be upset over just the way things go sometimes. your warframe levels up and has more shields and power and health as it levels up, why not base damage for weapons? fully maxing a HC and SR stinks.. i know i hate it and think this idea is far better. not so much the elemental aspect of his request but base damage to remove SR heck yea.

NO WAY!

This would make the game damn boring.Its fun to test Mods around and see whats best.

Can you guys let anything on Warframe like it is?I ask myself why you guys play the game when you want to change damn everything.Then stop playing and find a game thats better for you or fits you more.

Unbelievable.Guys in quite every game is a progress.How longer you play how better gear you have.Whats the problem with that?Thats the point of playing this game and i think alot people like how they get there stuff more and more powerful and test around which build is best for their playstyle.

@OP

You are new to the game and when you are to lazy to achieve some stuff dont complain about in forums.

this i respect 

I've been wanting this for so long.  DE balances the game around level 40 being high-level content but damage mods are the main reason weapon power is so massive that it makes such levels trivial.

My personal view on pure damage mods like Serration is that they should offer small, flat bonuses to damage so that low-damage weapons benefit more than higher-damage weapons.  That would help to bridge gaps in firepower between earlier and later weapons, and help keep more weapons viable without making later-game weapons rediculous.

Elemental mods should actually reduce the amount of damage you're doing until it levels out, and simply apply an elemental modifier + proc to the damage.  So, you'd have electric slash damage instead of electric damage and slash damage.

Multishot probably just needs to go away, or perhaps reduce weapon killing power in favor of spewing more shots out for status proc-ing purposes or getting more pellets from your shotgun for better coverage of a crowd.

Lastly, physical damage type mods (No Return, etc.) should just shift the distribution of physical damage in a weapon, so No Return would reduce the slash and impact damage a pistol does and add what is taken away to piercing damage.  This way, even if a weapon is mostly impact damage, you can still mod it to be somewhat useful against Grineer if you need it to.

Mod system still needs work cause it's not perfect, but that doesn't mean it needs to be tossed. A lot of mods that were hard to obtain back then are (somewhat) easier to get cause of trading, and I guess I could also suggest to DE to make essential mods more easy to get for new players. This game is built around the mod system, it just needs a bit of polish to be good, this is beta patience is key young tenno.

I've been wanting this for so long.  DE balances the game around level 40 being high-level content but damage mods are the main reason weapon power is so massive that it makes such levels trivial.

My personal view on pure damage mods like Serration is that they should offer small, flat bonuses to damage so that low-damage weapons benefit more than higher-damage weapons.  That would help to bridge gaps in firepower between earlier and later weapons, and help keep more weapons viable without making later-game weapons rediculous.

Elemental mods should actually reduce the amount of damage you're doing until it levels out, and simply apply an elemental modifier + proc to the damage.  So, you'd have electric slash damage instead of electric damage and slash damage.

Multishot probably just needs to go away, or perhaps reduce weapon killing power in favor of spewing more shots out for status proc-ing purposes or getting more pellets from your shotgun for better coverage of a crowd.

Lastly, physical damage type mods (No Return, etc.) should just shift the distribution of physical damage in a weapon, so No Return would reduce the slash and impact damage a pistol does and add what is taken away to piercing damage.  This way, even if a weapon is mostly impact damage, you can still mod it to be somewhat useful against Grineer if you need it to.

All great ideas!

Mind explaining why?

This would be a good start atleast. Personally, I would just do this and drop out mod. Damage in this game is way too high.

look dude ill explain, in this game there are alot of people that like the game for how it is and alot of those people like me like to go for long SUVL/DEF missions and if you take the DMG mod s away and change it how OP wants it it will get pretty boring and noting will be able to kill you... again and i like my guns the way they are.

oh and this will make the game like any MMO game and that's boring.

Edited by ungrateful_demise

look dude ill explain, in this game there are alot of people that like the game for how it is and alot of those people like me like to go for long SUVL/DEF missions and if you take the DMG mod s away and change it how OP wants it it will get pretty boring and noting will be able to kill you... again and i like my guns the way they are.

oh and this will make the game like any MMO game and that boring

Nothing will be able to kill you? What?!

You know this thread is about the ease with which the player kills the enemies right?

Also, you can't see the future. And I personally doubt your judgment is rich enough to trust in this matter.

Damage bonuses should remain percentage-based. Soma and Grakata are #1 and #2 for lowest bullet damage but both are capable of top-tier damage output.

On board with your elemental damage proposal. People should have to use elements and combinations suitable for the enemy, not just whatever offers the best status procs or is most universally applicable: to compare to Borderlands again, I made sure to always have one shock, one fire, and one corrosive gun at all times. The fun part was that I could interchange them - if I got bored of always fighting armored enemies with my revolver, I'd switch it out for a corrosive shotgun.

Multishot is a pretty flawed system in general, I agree, but the devs are probably not going to remove it entirely. Imposing an inherent accuracy penalty could bridge the gap, make the extra shots deviate even when not using Heavy Caliber / Magnum Force / Vicious Spread.

The last suggestion is an interesting one, but would still be largely ignored - why make my rifle slash-based when I have a rifle that's already slash-based right here? I'm alright with the physical mods being bonuses, though they are pretty weak as they are now - there are almost no reasons to ever use them instead of pure damage, multishot, or elemental damage.

Edited by Seele

Nothing will be able to kill you? What?!

You know this thread is about the ease with which the player kills the enemies right?

Also, you can't see the future. And I personally doubt your judgment is rich enough to trust in this matter.

ok like i said noting will be able to kill you thing, lets say a guy has a fully modded soma then there's a hallway full of level 20 gineer he start's shooting the gineer start shoot back too. he kills everyone (like always) in the room with only 25% DMG on your shields and that what i mean by they can't kill you do you see what i see now or are you blind.   

ok like i said noting will be able to kill you thing, lets say a guy has a fully modded soma then there's a hallway full of level 20 gineer he start's shooting the gineer start shoot back too. he kills everyone (like always) in the room with only 25% DMG on your shields and that what i mean by they can't kill you do you see what i see now or are you blind.   

Oh now you're changing your words :P

You know that's the case right now right? Are you blind?

I think a good start would be not to type like you have bricks for hands.

If you're saying that nothing would still be able to kill you, then I don't get the relevancy ti a thread about players dealing too much damage.

Oh now you're changing your words :P

You know that's the case right now right? Are you blind?

well am out of this tread it full of DMG whiners anyways but ill leave a note the only reason why you people whine about DGM is because you guys don't have the right DGM mod's how about you guys go to the game and start farming for you guys can stop complaining.

Edited by ungrateful_demise

well am out of this tread it full of DMG whiners anyways but ill leave a note the only reason why you people whine about DGM is because you guys don't have the right DGM mod's how about you guys go to the game and start farming for you guys can stop complaining.

Do you honestly expect someone to take that garbage seriously?

Are people that post all the "b-but we already leveled the general damage mawds!" comments serious?

DE were nice enough to give us legendary cores for a measly 2 or 3 steel charge levels when they toned it down so I doubt they would just laugh at us and leave us like that if they ever decide to remove the raw damage mods that required an insane amount of cores.

I strongly agree with the op.Raw damage mods should be removed to make way for customization and the +elemental damage ones should get a few tweaks.There was even a huge thread regarding mods somewhere on these forums that had a ton of up-votes.

...You do realize how much this thread had been derailed from the original topic of

'Removing the Base Damage Mods'

It has nothing to do with having the right or wrong ones, or not.

It has to do with the people who have worked for, paid for, or obtained otherwise. These Credit and Core sinks that are the base damage mods that are essential if you wish to go further into the higher end content of the game.

If they remove the base damage mods, then different mods will take their place as the 'essential' mods. Looking at you multishot.

Not to mention the amount of people who use the base damage mods to make plat they could not obtain otherwise.

It would be good to start every player out with the base damage mod of each type, instead of always getting a Vitality mod from the tutorial, new players could repeat it for practice, and have a chance to get different base damage types, giving them access to the gateway mods to lategame.

I'm exhausted right now. Can't focus any more thoughts on this matter and write it up here without it being garbled garbage.

I am against the idea of removing the mods, however.

2 Cents given.