Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Nyx

Hexerin

Perhaps needs Vigor?

i figure with her ult now having zero cooldown and nearly infinite duration, it isn't relevant. still, something to keep in mind.

Because at the moment, it's more or less useless? Especially with all that beautiful mod space left for other things such as overextended.

overextended guts her ult, so not worth just for the little bit of extra range.

I'd take out continuity and physic bolts for overextended and whatever else. Max range and low duration for chaos is best IMO. As long your efficiency is maxed duration is irrelevant, even a hindranceiI think. Gives you more flexibility as to when and where you cast chaos.

Edit: Guess I don't really use her ultimate except as a oh S#&$ I'm surrounded and chaos is still going elsewhere button. Again why I like short duration ha.

Edited by deth_monkey69

i figure with her ult now having zero cooldown and nearly infinite duration, it isn't relevant. still, something to keep in mind.

Ah but it only reduces the base of the initial damage? If it's damage loss you're worried about, that's what Castanas are for! Or teammates that don't suck.

I'd take out continuity and physic bolts for overextended and whatever else. Max range and low duration for chaos is best IMO. As long your efficiency is maxed duration is irrelevant, even a hindranceiI think. Gives you more flexibility as to when and where you cast chaos.

chaos scales on duration, how do you figure having no duration makes it better lol

Ah but it only reduces the base of the initial damage? If it's damage loss you're worried about, that's what Castanas are for! Or teammates that don't suck.

it's a loss of 900 damage which must be compensated for via absorption. 

Edited by Hexerin

More flexibility as to when and where you cast it. If you cast it and run somewhere else, often the enemies you cast it on originally are dead already. Shorter duration means you can hit more areas quicker. I'm not saying it's for everyone, I've seen builds with no duration loss and continuity, but I prefer the added flexibility of shorter duration. Just give it a shot, see how you like it.

I have a 5 forma'd Nyx, she is one of my favorite frames due to infinite scaling powers

My absorb damage exceeds the minimum damage almost every time if positioned correctly, Nyx doesn't need any strength mods at all

Bolts is a waste of a mod space

My Nyx build before the patch, I still need to tweak it with new toggle Absorb:

(I replaced the V polarity for a -- dash polarity because I preferred constitution over continuity)

Rush can be replaced with equilibrium (soloing high level for health pick ups) or Enemy Sense, Flow or whatever

I find Enemy Sense very useful in defense/survival as it helps me anticipate chaos/absorb timing and rack up kills (position for absorb before your teammates wipe them out first)

Duration is a individual preference because you don't want chaos to last too long since can't recast until duration ends

Warframe%202014-05-17%2021-57-41-06.png

Edited by thedan001

I have a 5 forma'd Nyx, she is one of my favorite frames due to infinite scaling powers

My absorb damage exceeds the minimum damage almost every time if positioned correctly, Nyx doesn't need any strength mods at all

Bolts is a waste of a mod space

My Nyx build before the patch, I still need to tweak it with new toggle Absorb:

(I replaced the V polarity for a -- dash polarity because I preferred constitution over continuity)

Rush can be replaced with equilibrium (soloing high level for health pick ups) or Flow or whatever

Warframe%202014-05-17%2021-57-41-06.png

>enemy sense

talk about a waste of a mod slot.

so your build is more for soloplay it looks like, sacrificing specialization for survivability.

>enemy sense

talk about a waste of a mod slot.

so your build is more for soloplay it looks like, sacrificing specialization for survivability.

I find Nyx as a tactical frame, I've tried several, several builds and this got me the best result in void defense/survival only because I was there to absorb right as waves of enemies spawned, wiping the whole wave of lv150's and rushing to next wave that I can see on map instead of running around looking for a good group to absorb.

Nyx is the new Nova especially for high level waves, with 300k+ damage absorbs effectively with this build

EDIT: Survival is hugely dependent on what you are playing in Warframe, I make builds directed for theoretical endgame (yet is still lacking in this game) fighting lv10 enemies would easily focus on different types of build obviously. Just what others said about Redirection

What I've learned about Nyx is that her damage comes from the enemy, not herself.. so I build with the idea of emphasis on enemy manipulation in mind

Edited by thedan001

The only thing power strength affects is the built-in minimum damage that Absorb does.  Which is 1500 damage for a max rank Absorb.   Considering that my Sentinel adds more than a thousand damage per second with his shotgun, and the fact that Overextended can multiply your total damage enormously by hitting more targets and improving the falloff curve...  Overextended is the only way to Nyx.   IMO.

You guys do not realize you are being trolled. Look how he or she is responding to each suggestion. If you are not running overextended and are running both constitution and streamline you are already failing. Not to mention Psychic Bolts. Why bother? Just move on.

Edited by TheGuy08

why not?

because they have no control impaling effects and rather low damage 

their flight line is weird and you have to aim a bit above your enemy on longer distances 

thats why you shouldnt be using it 

Over extended is a must have for nyx, power strenght does'nt affect absorbed damages, and is a huge buff for your chaos

And psychic bolts are useless, with or without overextended

Fleeting expertise is counter by the continuity, my chaos duration is 29 sec

You can't troll my build.

Nyx need only 1 forma, here is why :

-snip-

That is a solid build.

Edit: Maybe 2 forma for a max redirection, but it is not necessary.

You should switch Fleeting and Constitution - you could be getting more space than you're giving yourself.