Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soo.. Godzilla.

Redeminem

Although the movie is named Godzilla, she isn't the main character of the movie... very ironic. The movie does end with her gaining a hero title.

This interpretation of Godzilla is much closer to that of the original versions of Godzilla: a protector. The design is also much more similar to the original versions, though she appears to have gotten much taller. As a comment I preferred the 1998 design of Godzilla.

Oddly enough, the story follows a person that could should post on fml because S#&$ just follows him throughout the movie. Idk the story is just sketchy and there weren't that much fighting time either. Most of it was condensed in the last 30 minutes.

I will not rate this as a much watch, I would only say go watch it if you think you feel curious about the movie.

Personally I didn't leave the movie disappointed, but the scale was on 'meh' with slight satisfaction.

Although the movie is named Godzilla, she isn't the main character of the movie... very ironic. The movie does end with her gaining a hero title.

Godzilla's gender is unspecified in this storyline.

Edited by Kirby47

Godzilla's gender is unspecified in this storyline.

Besides in all the other incarnations Godzilla was a he, so it is logical to expect the same in this one.

As for the hate, basically it's a homenage to the Godzilla fans, apparently those who did know how the godzilla movies work. Was it perfect? No it was not, it could have been a bit more, but it is clear a lot of people went in expecting Pacific Rim with different monsters aka fights, fights and figths, only.

Also, children. Children everywhere, in need to be protected, saved, and sacrificed for. Wonderful message, but it grows stupid when not even one of them is eaten by the monster....

American cinema for the most part can't show kids dying in such a gruesome fashion. I don't believe there's a law about it, but if Godzilla chomped up a kid or even a vehicle that had a kid in it, this country's horrifyingly stupidly over-protective moms would go insane, bash the movie, demand such scenes to be taken out, rant about it everywhere they can go to, march on Washington, etc.

Edited by SoulEchelon

American cinema for the most part can't show kids dying in such a gruesome fashion. I don't believe there's a law about it, but if Godzilla chomped up a kid or even a vehicle that had a kid in it, this country's horrifyingly stupidly over-protective moms would go insane, bash the movie, demand such scenes to be taken out, rant about it everywhere they can go to, march on Washington, etc.

This is very true...moms be cray yo.

AAAAMMUUURRRIIICAAAA'

I'm an American and can confirm over the years Americans have become over sensitive people. You cant even call people stupid with someone telling you your racist for some reason. 

Edited by alphex2357

I'm an American and can confirm over the years Americans have become over sensitive people. You cant even call people stupid with someone telling you your racist for some reason. 

I agree 100%. It has gotten to the point where I don't even bother curbing my speech unless I am at work. And then I just don't talk at all. Can't offend people if I don't speak... actually, never mind. I've had people get pissy with me just because I didn't talk much.