Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Sentinels Should Have Vacuum Mod Available To Use And Carrier Should Carry And Restore A Certain Amount Of Ammo As Its Special Power

Doughalo2

Its ridiculous carriers vacuum is just the best and I think every sentinel should be able to use the mod.

1. Why not LOL it even adds balance a bit and then i can focus on other cool sentinel powers.  

2. I can finally not worry about loosing so much loot with other sentinels.

Why not just make it innate to all Warframes? You know a quality of life implement. 

+1 to this, even if it was 1m and Sentinels had a mod to increase that base range, it's annoying to sometimes be left incapable of grabbing an item that's just out of reach because you have to stand on top of it without a Carrier.

I... begrudgingly have to agree with this. Carrier is just too good, I think its vacuum would work on any sent. I mean the base carrier clearly LOOKS like it has a clear place that picks up stuff, but its new skin looks nothing of the sort. Carrier really should get a re-work and its "pick up" ability made into a new rare sent mod that they can all use. 99% of the time I am using carrier, hell when I last looked at my EXP levels, my carrier had over a billion simply because it gets more use.

As for a carrier re-work, I think something along the lines of it picking up and carrying 1 of any resource type (ammo packs, HP/energy) and holding it for you would be fine, then it would give it to you when you need it. Basically, we all know that bug where carrier holds Mods, packs, HP/energy orbs and your frame doesn't use it right away (I think due to lag) something like that so that it "carries" things for you.

they should actually buff all other sentinels , because i find mostly people just do it for xp then revert back to carrier as their main sentinel. myself included.  other sentinels are basically useless, well shade has that invisi skill which is partly useful but the others lack appeal or a reason to actually use it

a request for buffs in a sea of nerf, I love it.

Innate item magnetism would be nice because sometimes items just aren't poke-able. eg: floating, in tight spaces, dropped below the map, etc.

how ever, I do believe this should be made into a multi-sentinal mod. though i see a "shade cloaks me and gathers things, plz nerf" thread coming down the road in 6 months.

if the carrier lost it's vacuum what might it do instead, what would it "Carry"? simply holding and item until you need it isnt much. perhaps allowing you to use two primaries or other weapon and swap between them somehow via the carrier?

Great idea! We should also add Molecular Prime to all rifle bullets aswell!

I don't think encouraging other Sentinel use is really that horrible or an inbalanced concept.

The truth of the matter is, nobody buys other Sentinels than Carrier, or at the very least nobody uses one. Most people you'll see will have their tiny personal Oreck floating around with them.

Give Carrier a new function (perhaps give it the ability to hold HP/energy orbs that it can drop as needed for you, or pickup all ammo and keep it as neccisary/convert it even?) and let Vaccuum be a mod instead.

If every sentinel had vaccuum, what would be the point in using carrier?  Carrying and restoring ammo will probably break weapon balance further and would make carrier a very niche sentinel.

Niche Sentinel? I kind of felt that was the point of all sentinels, acting kind of like the "side deck" you see in many TCGs. Stealth frames would use shade because it helps them to hide, tank frames would use Wyrm or djinn (same thing really) because of the knock back/arrgo ability, death cube is the generic "Lil buddy with a gun", helios... well helios is there for complitionist who want to get every scan in game. Having carrier carry extra stuff for you doesn't seem that bad, I don't even dislike the idea of carrier using gear you have saved up. (like having it pop an ammo refill for you if your out/low on ammo or something.)

While I understand "That ability is too strong, it should just be put on all things and given a new ability" and how its bad because "its unfair to people who got carrier because of how it works." that could easily be worked around by simply giving everyone with a carrier a "vacuum mod" (like they did with the legendary cores a while back.) and then having all carriers have that new ability, that way people that paid/grinded to get carrier FOR that function still have it in mod form. The real issue at hand is that there is that carrier is literally the best sent, I mean yea you could argue otherwise but numbers don't lie, most people use Carrier, theres little point not to use it other then the occasional ammo/energy pick up issues.

People complained that Nova was too strong, and that trinity was too OP and never died, so why cant sentinels get a look at so that we can see some diversity and actually make more interesting combinations rather then just "Oh I need Carrier because Carrier."

Thanks guys :D trin sucks now so weak and cant use self harm to kill my foes :3

nova has low health stats THATS WHY SHE DOES SO MUCH DMG its a trade off guys !! :3

soz bout ma rant

P.S dont nerf god dam nova to!

Edited by Doughalo2

Thanks guys :D trin sucks now so weak and cant use self harm to kill my foes :3

nova has low health stats THATS WHY SHE DOES SO MUCH DMG its a trade off guys !! :3

soz bout ma rant

irrelevent and off topic. thoughts on actual topic? at least put the word carrier or vacuum in your post?

Nah, I don't want to be even more lazy than the game enables me to be. Buffing non-vacuum sentinel specific precepts and leaving carrier alone is a much better choice. Its not like vacuum creates a huge imbalance that needs to be fixed, then I could understand your issue. I myself had to resort to the "give all warframes X stat to get rid of an imbalance" before with helmet stats, but vacuum doesn't make you significantly more effective in general play than shade does for instance. Yeah, some precepts are rubbish, but vacuum isn't the reason.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Its ridiculous carriers vacuum is just the best and I think every sentinel should be able to use the mod.

1. Why not LOL it even adds balance a bit and then i can focus on other cool sentinel powers.  

I agree 1000000000000000% I literally can't play the game without Vacuum, it's unbearable. When my sent dies i waste a revive or abort the mission 95% of the time.

I think they should make Vacuum a default ability on all frames, so people can actually use sents besides carrier.

Nah, I don't want to be even more lazy than the game enables me to be. Buffing non-vacuum sentinel specific precepts and leaving carrier alone is a much better choice. Its not like vacuum creates a huge imbalance that needs to be fixed, then I could understand your issue. I myself had to resort to the "give all warframes X stat to get rid of an imbalance" before with helmet stats, but vacuum doesn't make you significantly more effective in general play than shade does for instance. Yeah, some precepts are rubbish, but vacuum isn't the reason.

The problem isn't "some percepts are rubbish" the problem is that other then vacuum and ghost, they ALL pretty much are. If not giving the vacuum ability to all sent's, then they really need to re-work sents to be stronger and give people a reason to actually use them.

Niche Sentinel?

-snip-

Sure all sentinels are niche in terms that they all have a certain focus.  What I meant though is that if Carrier only gave ammo out, he would most likely only be used for 30 minute + survivals where it is likely you will run out of ammo entirely on primary and secondary using certain weapons.  All the other missions and going for less time in survival why would you want ammo?

Then there's the issue that ammo can be restored using gear as well.

I think him being used alot is more a sign that people are choosing the quality of life/convenience that comes with vaccuum as opposed to vaccuum being just too good.  That and the content we currently have is for the most part very easy.

Edited by Joocyfroot

Anyone arguing against this is completely insane.

I will never, ever, ever, use another or level another sent until vacuum is default on all frames or all sents. I prefer default on frames so it doesn't cost mod points to get something that should be given to everyone for free.

Edited by Kiaru

Sure all sentinels are niche in terms that they all have a certain focus.  What I meant though is that if Carrier only gave ammo out, he would most likely only be used for 30 minute + survivals where it is likely you will run out of ammo entirely on primary and secondary using certain weapons.  All the other missions and going for less time in survival why would you want ammo?

Then there's the issue that ammo can be restored using gear as well.

I think him being used alot is more a sign that people are choosing the quality of life/convenience that comes with vaccuum as opposed to vaccuum being just too good.  That and the content we currently have is for the most part very easy.

I see what your saying, but also thats just going on an idea that if carrier were given another ability that would be it. For all we know if carrier were given another ability it could be an auto revive or have it carry an enemy or something crazy like that. (after hydroids turning into water thing, I don't really see any limitations set for what DE can do!) but that doesn't change the fact that no one ever uses the other sents. I know a lot of stuff is put in game just "as mastery stuff" but I've always seen them more as stepping stones. *lato is a stepping stone to akloto, akloto is a stepping stone to whatever, ect) So I don't agree with just "Its mastery, level it and move on." they should be useful overall and playable.  Otherwise, you are literally saying "Okay everyone is playing carrier and nothing else, thats okay. It is also okay for everyone to play Rhino since its convenient that he never dies."

Using cards as an analogy again because its what I am good at, you often see "Draw 2, discard X" where X= decks theme, why? Because having it for one single deck makes it too good, it needs to be balanced so you can have a lot of different builds, same with warframe. You don't want a team of just one frame and one sent, you want people to mix and match frames in a group, and gear on their frame in general.

You lose loot with other sentinels? Are you blind?

I dunno about you, but I find bright yellow resource drops and sparking mod drops to be very visible and easy to pick up, even without carrier.

You lose loot with other sentinels? Are you blind?

I dunno about you, but I find bright yellow resource drops and sparking mod drops to be very visible and easy to pick up, even without carrier.

I think what they are talking about is when Loot falls behind things, like when you open a container, and the item falls between the container and the wall and becomes unacceptable.

+1111

Change the Carrier's ability to something more specific, though.

It's sad that I have become enslaved to the Carrier...