Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Sentinels Should Have Vacuum Mod Available To Use And Carrier Should Carry And Restore A Certain Amount Of Ammo As Its Special Power

Doughalo2

but that doesn't change the fact that no one ever uses the other sents. I know a lot of stuff is put in game just "as mastery stuff" but I've always seen them more as stepping stones. *lato is a stepping stone to akloto, akloto is a stepping stone to whatever, ect) So I don't agree with just "Its mastery, level it and move on." they should be useful overall and playable.  Otherwise, you are literally saying "Okay everyone is playing carrier and nothing else, thats okay. It is also okay for everyone to play Rhino since its convenient that he never dies."

Using cards as an analogy again because its what I am good at, you often see "Draw 2, discard X" where X= decks theme, why? Because having it for one single deck makes it too good, it needs to be balanced so you can have a lot of different builds, same with warframe. You don't want a team of just one frame and one sent, you want people to mix and match frames in a group, and gear on their frame in general.

I don't think that giving every sentinel vaccuum will change the way that everyone uses one sentinel, I think it will just potentially change which sentinel everyone uses.  Mind you, I personally don't always use carrier, for instance if I"m using Vauban I will rarely use carrier since, for one thing the loot gets sucked into a small pile anyways and for another carrier will vaccuum like 20 energy orbs if i'm down 50 energy because everything is bunched up.

I think the main reason why everyone uses Carrier is because as follows:

Shade:  Why do I want to be invisible when I can kill everything in teh room in a couple seconds?

Deathcube:  ZZZZZZAP.  The sound effect is about as good as it gets for his precept.

Wyrm:  Don't know haven't built Wyrm.

Djinn:  Don't know again, but after reading about him since I plan to build him, his precept is not only pretty bad, it doesn't complement his increased attack range.

Helios:  Again, haven't built/don't know.  I'm fairly certain people use this one though because of his utility.  Sure beats running around with that scanner thing that you can put in a gear slot

Shade:  Why do I want to be invisible when I can kill everything in teh room in a couple seconds?

Deathcube:  ZZZZZZAP.  The sound effect is about as good as it gets for his precept.

Wyrm:  Why do I want to knock stuff down when i can kill everything in teh room in a couple of seconds?

Djinn:  Aggro on me NO THANKS!

Helios:  I'm not really much of a codex guy anyway, who looks at that?

Fixed for you, side note, for helios to scan stuff he uses the scanner charges, which have to be in your gear slots. so you are still "running around with that scanner thing that you can put in a gear slot"

I don't think that giving every sentinel vaccuum will change the way that everyone uses one sentinel, I think it will just potentially change which sentinel everyone uses.  Mind you, I personally don't always use carrier, for instance if I"m using Vauban I will rarely use carrier since, for one thing the loot gets sucked into a small pile anyways and for another carrier will vaccuum like 20 energy orbs if i'm down 50 energy because everything is bunched up.

Wyrm:  Don't know haven't built Wyrm.

Djinn:  Don't know again, but after reading about him since I plan to build him, his precept is not only pretty bad, it doesn't complement his increased attack range.

Helios:  Again, haven't built/don't know.  I'm fairly certain people use this one though because of his utility.  Sure beats running around with that scanner thing that you can put in a gear slot

I like your honesty! Most people talk out their &#! on things they haven't even tried yet. I have every sent and have them all at 30, wyrm is just a bit of CC (it stuns everything( and djinn IF the planets are alined and it actually manages to activate its ability.... well it rarely kills anything so its just a very weak form of CC. I think honestly what needs to happen is sentinel 2.0, they need to be re-worked to actually be more useful. Maybe its honestly not "carrier is just too good" it could easily be "The others are too weak". I mean Djinn is quite frankly worthless, its ability is so hard to pull off and half the time the ability fizzles because of how it works, its hands down the most useless one, but even with just that in mind Wyrm just occasionally dose a small stun to all enemies around it, death cube has an AOE ability but again it doesn't happen often.

When you look at what exactly all the other sentinels CAN do, its no wonder everyone picks Carrier. Shade can is nice, and Helios is SLOWLY getting better. (I hear there is a bug where it still scans things you have max scans on.) but then we have things like Djinn that are practically Un-usable. (if you don't know, Djinns ability only triggers if two or more enemies are VERY close, almost touching your frame, it will attack them, but if there is only one enemy it will charge up and the ability will do nothing, and still have the cooldown until it can attempt to use it again.)

I sort of agree and sort of not. I would like to use other sentinels but the convenience the Carrier brings due to the game already being extremely unconvenient to the player is some luxury I can not afford to lose. On the other hand, it is also a difficult choice I have to make and the fact that your ability suggestion would be redundant one as the Carrier already brings you ammo with the Vacuum ability.

It would have to be something else. I have been hoping one that would provide an active shield, similar to Volts shield for a while now but of course, it would have to be made balanced. Though I wouldn't put it on as a Carrier ability, doesn't sound right.

I think honestly what needs to happen is sentinel 2.0, they need to be re-worked to actually be more useful.

Absolutely.  Although I think this is probably deservedly a pretty low priority.

death cube has an AOE ability but again it doesn't happen often.

d-cube is much worse than you think.  He does a single target zzzzzzzzap every 30 seconds for 900 radiation damage to a single target and only when they get close to you.  Then again, I think death cube is probably kind of cool for new players, I thought it was cool at first when dudes got too close they would just fall over.  For content where 900 damage isn't kililng anything it's marginal damage at best though.  I guess it might have it's uses in PVP if that justifies anything, I personally don't care about PVP in this game.

Also, I just thought of an interesting idea.  If Carrier did get a new ability, maybe that ability could be to carry loot to the other players in your squad?  Like if your off in a corner in survival getting your boltor on and a nice mod drops, carrier could pick it up and give it to other people?  Might be complicated to implement something like that though I guess.

Edited by Joocyfroot

I sort of agree and sort of not. I would like to use other sentinels but the convenience the Carrier brings due to the game already being extremely unconvenient to the player is some luxury I can not afford to lose. On the other hand, it is also a difficult choice I have to make and the fact that your ability suggestion would be redundant one as the Carrier already brings you ammo with the Vacuum ability.

It would have to be something else. I have been hoping one that would provide an active shield, similar to Volts shield for a while now but of course, it would have to be made balanced. Though I wouldn't put it on as a Carrier ability, doesn't sound right.

He doesn't bring convenience, he brings something that should be hard-coded into the game by default.

There is no arguing for this change, it's something that should be mutually agreed upon because it does nothing but make the game better. It's a QOL change, it's great, it's fantastic, it makes things less annoying, it doesn't cause any problem, it literally only makes the game better.

If every sentinel had vaccuum, what would be the point in using carrier?  Carrying and restoring ammo will probably break weapon balance further and would make carrier a very niche sentinel.

Visual appeal, cosmetic reasons.  I dont like the looks of the carrier, I like the look of the death cube but I cant use the death cube because vacuum is too useful.

Weird, I was saying only last night that Vacuum should be a general precept for any Sentinel. 

I have all the Sents all ranked to 30 and I'm using Helios again now that the scanning actually works (not perfectly but it does work) because scanning No-one aint got time fo dat.

But I miss my little ball of CQ death, Sweeper is really good at stopping that one dude jumping in while you're reloading.  It would be nice not to feel obliged to bring Carrier on every mission so you don't miss out on that Cell that dropped while the screen is so f*cked up with WoF, Tornado and lightning everywhere that you can barely see anything.

I think what they are talking about is when Loot falls behind things, like when you open a container, and the item falls between the container and the wall and becomes unacceptable.

Oh ... that happens so rarely that it never really bothers me.

I don't think encouraging other Sentinel use is really that horrible or an inbalanced concept.

The truth of the matter is, nobody buys other Sentinels than Carrier, or at the very least nobody uses one. Most people you'll see will have their tiny personal Oreck floating around with them.

Give Carrier a new function (perhaps give it the ability to hold HP/energy orbs that it can drop as needed for you, or pickup all ammo and keep it as neccisary/convert it even?) and let Vaccuum be a mod instead.

Tweaking the sentinels is a good idea, But giving them eachother's ability is a really bad idea