Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Main Problem About Melee 2.0

Deidaku

R button is usless in melee mode 

There's only so much different combos you cna do with just E and it feels too much like Melee 1.0 but with fancy damage

Use it DE >:( add heavy attacks , weapon specific attacks , anything to have more than just 1 or 2 combos !

I definitely think R could be utilized with melee for something. maybe DE will add more combos to those stances with just 1 that will incorporate the R button. that would be great. mostly just having a second combo for my orthos prime

The main problem with melee is flying mobs ;p

But yeah, more buttons with the sword out would be cool :o

Only flying mob that's a problem is Corrupted Shield Osprey that was broken like 7-8 months ago and was never fixed. They can't be hit with melee attacks except for jump attack which only deals small damage to them because the aoe rarely hits them well.

Compare to Corpus ospreys which can be meleed easily.

I just think the disparity between stances is dumb. Some stances have like 3-4 combos, others only have 1-2. Pause combos are difficult to do efficiently.

I think every stance should have like 3 combos, and use other keys (idk about R though). Each combo should have some kind of utility. For example, one combo does a knockback, another is AoE, and the last one stuns people, etc. 

glaive throw attack isn't gone its just harder to combo it in plus no just no on charge attacks they were way to op on heavies with charge speed up plus other mods but adding stances with heavy hitting moves at the end would be better

more variety , i like it

R button is usless in melee mode 

There's only so much different combos you cna do with just E and it feels too much like Melee 1.0 but with fancy damage

Use it DE >:( add heavy attacks , weapon specific attacks , anything to have more than just 1 or 2 combos !

Like making melee attack animations would be such an easy task! One week, and voila, dozens of combo animations, pfff!

They will add more second choice combos to some Stances I believe just as it was for Glaive and Bo stances. More stances too, I suppose but it takes time ya know. 

Like making melee attack animations would be such an easy task! One week, and voila, dozens of combo animations, pfff!

They will add more second choice combos to some Stances I believe just as it was for Glaive and Bo stances. More stances too, I suppose but it takes time ya know. 

I know it takes time , but they needs to implement them better , the extra clashing forest combo is  pain because of how it 's combination is. same for flailing branch

The problem for me is that I can't figure out the actual difference between some combos.

Some I've actually noticed are useful (Iron Phoenix), but others just seem pointlessly flashy (Tranquil Cleave).

Also, flying mobs and shield doors. And the mods give pretty weak damage scaling (the crit chance is terrible, and only 120% damage boost with no multishot? for shame)

The problem for me is that I can't figure out the actual difference between some combos.

Some I've actually noticed are useful (Iron Phoenix), but others just seem pointlessly flashy (Tranquil Cleave).

Also, flying mobs and shield doors. And the mods give pretty weak damage scaling (the crit chance is terrible, and only 120% damage boost with no multishot? for shame)

I hope the focus system expands the system somehow

just no on charge attacks they were way to op on heavies with charge speed up plus other mods but adding stances with heavy hitting moves at the end would be better

It's so simple to reinstate charge attacks in a fair way. Just reintroduce them in stances as "Channel + Hold E", then make the channeled charge attacks cost like triple the normal energy cost.

There are no channel speed mods to balance for and the charge attacks would then have a resource to pay attention to.

It's so simple to reinstate charge attacks in a fair way. Just reintroduce them in stances as "Channel + Hold E", then make the channeled charge attacks cost like triple the normal energy cost.

There are no channel speed mods to balance for and the charge attacks would then have a resource to pay attention to.

yeah why not?

I still don't see why they had to leave entirely. heavy weapons suck now. I sold my galatine an my jat kittag is usless D:

there have been a lot of posts about this yet nothing has been stated or done yet

What needs to be stated? They considered it in a previous build before we got it and rejected the idea for whatever reason they had. This was gleaned from dev streams so the information is there. This is also the reason nothing has been done, well other than just because someone says something on the forums doesn't mean said thing will be happening, or even that it requires a response.