Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things You Should Not Post On The Forums

Kirby47

Browsing the forums lately, there are sooo many threads that want to bring back confirmed exclusive gear, or "hey whats up i have a problem that has many topics about it already, imma make a new one". So I'm going to make this thread to clarify what you shouldn't be posting on the forums.

1. "BRING BACK FOUNDERS STUFF, SO UNFAIR I WANT IT I DIDN'T PLAY EARLY ENOUGH AND I WANT AN EXTRA TRADE!" DE has already stated that they will not bring back the Founder items (Lato Prime, Skana Prime, Excalibur Prime), and if they do, people could sue them for false advertising. This is also true for some other things, like a few Vandals.

2. "I HAVE A PROBLEM THAT DE HAS STATED THEY'RE GOING TO FIX, BUT I DON'T KNOW THAT, AND I HAVEN'T SEEN ALL THE OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS BUG, SO I'M MAKING ANOTHER ONE!" Before you post a bug on the forums, first check in the Information Headquarters to see if DE has said anything about it. Then, check in the appropriate sections of the bugs subforum, and if it's not there yet, go ahead and post it.

3. "QQ NERF MADE _________ USELESS, NO POINT IN PLAYING IT ANYMORE, REGRET MY POTATO AND FORMA" All games, not just beta games, get nerfs. So assuming ________ item is obscenely powerful, a nerf is inevitable. Making a thread that just says "_______ is useless, why DE? Buff it back" is also useless unless you make it a bit more constructive, like "Now that DE has reduced/changed __________ on _________, it has reduced ________ when __________.  IMHO, you should change ______ so it's not really overpowered, but is no longer as weak."

4. "DE is so stupid, this game is going to hell, bla bla bla etc." Well, every once in a while, DE reads a well-made forums post with good feedback/ideas which gets good reception. Complaining doesn't do anything good, but actually trying to steer the game in the right direction can work. Saying "DE never listens, why bother" is not true, more accurately, it should be "DE only listens when posts get many +1s and have good ideas". So make something that sounds good and DE may find your posts.

5. "_________ is SO RARE, I MEAN I CAN'T GET AFTER 600'000 HOURS, CHANGE RATES!" Well, now that trading is here, you can buy it. If you don't want to spend platinum, just trade for it with a rare item that you have a dupe of that someone is desperate for. Also, you can continue grinding like a patient person, or transmute for it if it's a mod. If not, I don't think DE has ever change the drop rate on something due to player complaint.

tl;dr: Do not post ragey comments or ask for something that is confirmed will never happen.

This list will be added to.

Not a big fan of censorship.

This is not a plea for censorship but rather a way for a cleaner and more constructive community. The issues stated in the OP are ones that show up at least once a week and have been addressed each time with the same response each time. 

1. "BRING BACK FOUNDERS STUFF"

People can post those sorts of threads if they want to. Chances are they'll be told "No" by more or less everyone and the thread will probably get locked because it's the nth one on the forums.

2. "I HAVE A PROBLEM THAT DE HAS STATED THEY'RE GOING TO FIX, BUT I DON'T KNOW THAT, AND I HAVEN'T SEEN ALL THE OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS BUG, SO I'M MAKING ANOTHER ONE!"
Again, people can post these if they want. If there are a bunch of repetitive threads that all detail the same issue, they'll likely get merged, which is something for us moderators to handle. Please don't tell people not to post when they're having an issue.

3. "QQ NERF MADE _________ USELESS, NO POINT IN PLAYING IT ANYMORE, REGRET MY POTATO AND FORMA"
People can post stuff like this. It's a form of feedback (albeit not really that constructive). As long as they don't post in all caps and observe the community rules and guidelines, they can post it.
4. "DE is so stupid"
We actually have a rule against posting stuff like that. Rule 1b.

5. "_________ is SO RARE, I MEAN I CAN'T GET AFTER 600'000 HOURS, CHANGE RATES!"
Sort of the same thing as 3.

tl;dr People can post whatever they want as long as they post it in the appropriate section (if not it will probably get moved) and observe the Community Rules and Guidelines.

That being said, please don't tell people not to post. It's sort of backseat moderating and kind of uncool.

Locking.