The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerframe

Armed_Monkey

And THIS is a prime example of what does NOT happen when nerf happens. People using frames Like Valkyr, Oberon, nekro, etc. due to the nerf which is why these frames need help and nerfing doesn't really help them so they should focus more on buffing those frames than nerfing others and same goes for weapons. Nerfing the weapons of mass destruction won't help the ones that tickle the grineer be used any more than they are now. So the spotlight must be on the underpowered, and not so much on the overpowered. the overpowered can be dealt with later, it's time the underpowered see the light.

And yes, she went from one, as they say, "Goddess" frame to another "God" frame. What's to stop others from doing the same?

Darn good stuff, SirAuron!

>hurr durr my favourite warframe wasn't nerfed → DE did everything right

>deal with it XDDDDDDDD

Forums. Nova still has low shields and health, Null Star is useless, Worm Hole is almost unusable because netcode, AD is kinda good, but you need to just stand there and shoot small flying ball while taking damage. Instant MPrime was a compensation for low base stats, but now it is slow too. Also duration=range thing is silly. I'm not against fixing full efficiency build on Nova, but current solution is really bad.

Who would have thunk, people who put glass cannon builds on glass cannon frames would have to work to survive? 

Who would have thunk, people who put glass cannon builds on glass cannon frames would have to work to survive? 

Who would have thunk that glass cannons are expected to kill things quicker than other warframes.

Edited by Sibarian

Since when have they not?

Rhino stomp, everything around 25m instant dead.

Nova mprime, 5 sec later still not hit stuff 20m away.

Are you too incompetent to even understand simple basic imbalance? Or is it you just trolling and didn't even play Nova after patch?

Rhino stomp, everything around 25m instant dead.

Nova mprime, 5 sec later still not hit stuff 20m away.

Are you too incompetent to even understand simple basic imbalance? Or is it you just trolling and didn't even play Nova after patch?

I played Nova after patch.

Didn't use Molecular Prime at all. Before you say "see it is useless after nerf" I almost never used Molecular Prime even before the nerf.

I don't even see why Molecular Prime needed a nerf.

Edited by Utarious

Didn't use Molecular Prime at all. Before you say "see it is useless after nerf" I almost never used Molecular Prime even before the nerf.

Because Nova was stealing kills in Co-Op.

"Kill Stealing", this is more to do with players that have under modded warframes meeting the omega, kill everything, warframe....

When/If the developers start nerfing mods (which IMO would be better than changing the "fun" parts of warframes to suit the masses) people are going to need these

tumblr_mhxckbo7S81qglhc3o1_500.jpg

Lets say Redirection (or enter a better mod here) got nerfed, what would we see on these forums...

Edited by Armed_Monkey

Lets say Redirection (or enter a better mod here) got nerfed, what would we see on these forums...

Oh laud I can't wait.

I play a Disarm Loki and the only reason I put Redirection is when I don't feel like abusing a 10 second invisibility.

Nerfing it forces me to go back to 225/213 with 10 second invisibility with maxed disarm range.

Currently I am using 555/213 with 5 seconds invisibility with maxed disarm range because it is a greater challenge than 225/213 Invisibility + max disarmed (I will abuse invisibility a lot more).

So yes nerf Redirection.

Please do !

Edited by fatpig84

The question remain. Why Rhino a tank with high HP, shield and invulnerable skin get access to instant nuke and aoe stun while nova the glass cannon had her cc nerf to the ground and instant nuke delay? Where is this balance you guys demand? I simply didn't see it. Don't even bring up AMD. It's took too long to setup for the first 30 minute of gameplay which is like 90% of the game anyone play. The extra damage is useless till you like 40 minute into a mission. Why would anyone wanna go pass 40 minute is beyond me. You got the same reward as the first 15 minute and the enemy took longer to kill. Won't it more feasible to just reroll the mission? Power should not be balance for their performance pass 30 minute of a game. And amd only good after 30 minute

From my viewpoint, you guys are looking at Mprime from the wrong angle.  Nova was a cannon that can deal more damage with frame abilities than any other frame with frame abilities (generally).  Post change Nova is a glass cannon that can deal more damage with frame abilities than any other frame with frame abilities (generally).

The instant you cast old Mprime you were effectively invulnerable due to how much of an instant CC effect it gave.

AMD is still an outstanding skill that allows you to kill things around corners or from the safety of a perch you've reached via Wormhole.  Nova has high damage, that's fine, Nova can debuff enemies, also fine.  But you should be required to use your flexibility and speed at some point, as that is Nova's intended defense.  Old Mprime circumvented the need for her inbuilt defensive capabilities.

Edited by Bobtm0

From my viewpoint, you guys are looking at Mprime from the wrong angle.  Nova was a cannon that can deal more damage with frame abilities than any other frame with frame abilities (generally).  Post change Nova is a glass cannon that can deal more damage with frame abilities than any other frame with frame abilities (generally).

The instant you cast old Mprime you were effectively invulnerable due to how much of an instant CC effect it gave.

AMD is still an outstanding skill that allows you to kill things around corners or from the safety of a perch you've reached via Wormhole.  Nova has high damage, that's fine, Nova can debuff enemies, also fine.  But you should be required to use your flexibility and speed at some point, as that is Nova's intended defense.  Old Mprime circumvented the need for her inbuilt defensive capabilities.

It's not instant cc, you forgot to factor in cast time. The cast time alone is enough to get you kill.

As for amd, have you tried using it in hit and run mission like t3e and t3c. By the time it took amd to hit the ground, your team or even you would had kill all enemy in vincinity. Setup amd around the corner will get you left behind while everyone copter to next group.

It's not instant cc, you forgot to factor in cast time. The cast time alone is enough to get you kill.

As for amd, have you tried using it in hit and run mission like t3e and t3c. By the time it took amd to hit the ground, your team or even you would had kill all enemy in vincinity. Setup amd around the corner will get you left behind while everyone copter to next group.

So lets hope the developers fix/nerf "coptering" :P (I guess people are starting to see the bad side of nerfing)

Edited by Armed_Monkey

So lets hope the developers fix/nerf "coptering" :P (I guess people are starting to see the bad side of nerfing)

Exploit is ok since so many folks use it is their logic.  Zoren Coptering should have been removed in update 9, the "hug the player" update.

Edited by Nickeltoe

The recent balance checks are awesome! Now as a Trinity, I have to think a bit before I just smack 4 on my keyboard with my head. There is a lot more depth, though her other abilities could also be looked and changed around to add gameplay for her kit. Nova nerf was definitely in the right place. She still is about as strong as she used to be, but she gives other players some gameplay opportunities as well.

Which to me is the most important aspect of games. If the gameplay is me watching some other guy decimating all the targets by smashing 4 all the time then I do not consider it a game, with gameplay. It is a interactive movie but that is not what I came to this game for. The only reason why someone is opposed to this is the people who used Nova as their main and aren't able to adapt when they realize that the game with Nova was easy mode.

Also fun is a subjective term. Some like challenge, some like balanced and some like domination. I do hope DE implements the long waited mission difficulty in order for the community and different types of players to be more satisfied with the fun aspect of the game. I personally like all of them with different reasons. Balanced is great for overall gameplay, challenging is when you want to seek limits and focus on the game and perfecting your tactics and formula and domination is great when you want to relax and do fun and different things with the game.

All needed, all great but with different uses and occasions. This is not well met within the game if you ask me and thus the difficulty settings would certainly be in place now.

The cast time is super tiny on old Mprime, if you get killed mid-cast then you done goofed it up somehow.  Old Mprime is more than enough to solo T3 Survivals past the 40 minute mark without any hitch.  The moment it went off, all foes just slowed to a crawl, both in movement and attack speed which rendered them to nothing more than fish in a barrel.  The change was fully warranted.

As far as AMD is concerned, of course, as a setup skill it'll be less efficient overall in a roaming scenario.  Such is the case for anything that requires a bit of setup.  But you can, with practice, carry it from room to room and then pop it whenever necessary.  Realistically, AMD is easily one of the best 2s in the game.  It's right up there with both Invisibility and Radial Blind.

At the moment the "challenge" in Warframe is focused on getting all the "good gear". The end game content needs amping up, but I guess the majority of Warframe players are at the mid to just getting started part of the game. The Nerfs seem to be targeting Warframes that have been built well and that "exploit" parts of the game that have a need of more developing.

Of course DE will focus on making the masses happy to keep the profits going, this also allows us to have a better game. Only thing is these "quick fixes" leave people thinking "Why did they do that?"...

We should really know better not to put real money into a beta. Its a total con and this is why there will always be this "dark cloud" over Warframe.

It would not be so bad if everything was going to be credited back to you on launch but that is more of a bad joke here....

What con is it? The rules, if you read them specifically state this game is still in Beta phase and that DE might change the course of anything in a whim. Surely you have been a part of Beta before. Have you? So what con is it? It is not con, you just fooled yourself and you are now upset that you forgot to check that aspect of the game. Can you blame DE or the game or the community for your own mistake? No, you can not but mistakes happen in life. You learn to cope with them and accept that darn, I made a mistake here. Oh well, carry on.

The cast time is super tiny on old Mprime, if you get killed mid-cast then you done goofed it up somehow.  Old Mprime is more than enough to solo T3 Survivals past the 40 minute mark without any hitch.  The moment it went off, all foes just slowed to a crawl, both in movement and attack speed which rendered them to nothing more than fish in a barrel.  The change was fully warranted.

As far as AMD is concerned, of course, as a setup skill it'll be less efficient overall in a roaming scenario.  Such is the case for anything that requires a bit of setup.  But you can, with practice, carry it from room to room and then pop it whenever necessary.  Realistically, AMD is easily one of the best 2s in the game.  It's right up there with both Invisibility and Radial Blind.

Also there is a cap on how many enemies are in the mission, so when the old Molecular Prime was used enemies would be left behind and players would have to go on a hunt to find them.

It's mostly that Molecular Prime was not change but remade, and its almost nothing like it used to be. It needed nerfing, but did it really need a complete "make over"?