Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbie Help - Lifestrike Not Giving Me Any Health.

Iotan

Question

Hey I am struggling to either channel melee attacks or get this to fire with the life strike mod installed.

Holding down the left button, pressing E, no health is being gained. I tried swapping the melee channel key to T and holding that down, which was more awkward but still had no luck.

Anything else I might be doing wrong, tried it in multiple missions, multiple times. I am using the lecta whip, does it only work on a specific weapon, or is there something else I am missing, cheers.

-edit

If any new player spots this in a search its because I didn't have the melee weapon equipped (hold F) I was just using the E key to do quick melee weapon attacks, while I had the rifle equipped in my hands. This wasn't explained very well at all in the tutorials when I first started playing that I found. I've added this note in case you have the same issue.

Edited by Iotan

10 answers to this question

To add onto what TheFirstRonin said:
Without any channeling efficiency mods life-strike, at max rank, will use up 12 energy per enemy hit and absorb 20% of the damage you deal and add it to your health.

And depending on how much damage you are dealing it may not be draining all that much life back to you.
One way to test it is to equip a high damage melee weapon, put life strike on it, and then get damaged in a low level mission.  To test if its working do a channeled slide attack as those are more damaging than a normal hit.
Then see if you gain any life back.

I must be doing something incorrectly, I don't feel its the lack of energy, its just rank one. I've tried it over I think 4 or 5 maps now. Lecta seems quite high damage, and I am sitting still at the same health. 

Okay, stupid question time.

Are you actually hitting an enemy?

Not stupid at all, with players nowadays, this is a valid question... 

I use life strike on my orthos prime, i just keep killing everything in sigh and my health regenerates, i know ps4 is a few patches or updates behind but that's how it's supposed to work.. yes, i notice my health increases specially since i use valkyr for melee only survivals.

Yes I am hitting an enemy, i've been using it repeatedly for many maps.

Yes I am hurt :), just tried it again. I upgraded to rank 2 to see if there was an actual difference, and nothing still. I am using health % boosting mods though, is that the reason? Does it only work below the default max of your actual warframe's health, not its boosted health?

I use valkyr that's why I had it installed.

It must be bugged in some odd way for me, if there is no, obvious reason for it not working. Have to ask it's confirmed to work on the lecta whip then, and if any mod might interfere with it?

Edited by Iotan