Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Infested Enemy Design Contest

Deidaku

Congrats to silverbones :3

BUT

Why just 1 enemy type wins ? the infested still severely lack unit diversity

1 new enemy isn't going to add that much. we need at least 2  or 3 to make infested at least as diverse as grineer!!!!!

Congrats to silverbones :3

BUT

Why just 1 enemy type wins ? the infested still severely lack unit diversity

1 new enemy isn't going to add that much. we need at least 2  or 3 to make infested at least as diverse as grineer!!!!!

They did say that though there was one/few winners that they'd also be looking at the other designs and possibly add them in later, albeit with a few tweaks here or there.

Pretty much this, I thought that they would choose more than one but this is great infested needs more enemies, maybe DE will add the own but that's putting to much hope in them which I have little of at the moment.

Pretty much this, I thought that they would choose more than one but this is great infested needs more enemies, maybe DE will add the own but that's putting to much hope in them which I have little of at the moment.

yeah but they didn't seem to say so

I pm'ed DErebecca about this prior to the contest. she said it's up to the devs. I really hope more than one is added. Because having aa whole new infested tileset with the current enemy type count + 1 Juggernaut  is kinda lame 

The reason why they initially chose one is because of the work involved with designing a brand new enemy type, and many ideas were very complex, which compounds the issue. DEs already working on a lot, so taking on that much work just isn't realistic

We might see some of them implemented later, like we have with some things.

The reason why they initially chose one is because of the work involved with designing a brand new enemy type, and many ideas were very complex, which compounds the issue. DEs already working on a lot, so taking on that much work just isn't realistic

We might see some of them implemented later, like we have with some things.

THey could just have announced multiple winners and do like the melee weapons , work on them one at the time at their pace. 

DE is also being very cautious with the community, like they are going to be with player made content.

Baby steps, if you will.

Eventually we might be able to make out own enemies entirely, but that's a long time away.

DE is also being very cautious with the community, like they are going to be with player made content.

Baby steps, if you will.

Eventually we might be able to make out own enemies entirely, but that's a long time away.

I think you're right we'll just have to be patient

THe create your mesh thing that DEsteve mentioned seemed like a gigantic leap forward :O

I can understand only picking one in a contest like that, but I also hope that they add more unique units of their own (not color swaps) in the new infested tileset, along with unique units in the Derelict.

The Derelicts are super ancient, you would think there would be more than regular Ancients in there, and maybe things that are between Ancients and Lephantis in terms of mutation stage. As for the new tiles, they're teased as highly infested ship that have technocyte tissues mutating and expanding for a long period of time, so that lore also applies (maybe not as ancient as Orokin ships).

Anyway, here's hoping they give Infested more love. They said U10 was supposed to be the Infested update, but offered very little after its launch (no new lore, despite Lephantis' potential in adding such a thing, no actual new, unique infested units. I hope that this time, they're really get a spotlight, not used as an excuse to simply put Alad V in there.

Edited by Casardis

I can understand only picking one in a contest like that, but I also hope that they add more unique units of their own (not color swaps) in the new infested tileset, along with unique units in the Derelict.

The Derelicts are super ancient, you would think there would be more than regular Ancients in there, and maybe things that are between Ancients and Lephantis in terms of mutation stage. As for the new tiles, they're teased as highly infested ship that have technocyte tissues mutating and expanding for a long period of time, so that lore also applies (maybe not as ancient as Orokin ships).

Anyway, here's hoping they give Infested more love. They said U10 was supposed to be the Infested update, but offered very little after its launch (no new lore, despite Lephantis' potential in adding such a thing, no actual new, unique infested units. I hope that this time, they're really get a spotlight, not used as an excuse to simply put Alad V in there.

And so many designs,  I hope they don' t go to waste

I wonder why normal infested can't turn into crawlers by some rng logic after getting killed..

That would generate lots of diversity in the grunt section of the infested, since they would need to make (for example) that electric crawler guy have a non crippled version who would have zapping attacks with melee clawing.

They also should have some diversity in models/skins but that is probably coming some day.

Edited by Acino