Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

See, I Don't Like Taxes.

pyr0_storm

While playing a solar rail X% of credits you find or earn are taxed and given to the clan or alliance hosting the rail instead of you.

To use this thread's original purpose as an example, if you had played an infested defense mission on a rail hosted by Eclipse with a 50% tax imposed on it, half of your credits go to Eclipse instead.

And some people like myself find that ridiculous and want to change that. 

Other people like some of the commentators on the first page of this post think it's fine to be charged an arm and a leg for something that should've been free to begin with because they think that because they have enough credits there isn't a problem.

It doesn't help that people side with whoever pays more during the actual rail conflict times and Eclipse always seems to pay out more so they always win and that's not good for newer players like yourself. 

While playing a solar rail X% of credits you find or earn are taxed and given to the clan or alliance hosting the rail instead of you.

To use this thread's original purpose as an example, if you had played an infested defense mission on a rail hosted by Eclipse with a 50% tax imposed on it, half of your credits go to Eclipse instead.

So just to clarify, if I PLAY this solar rail, I deal with a high tax? But does that go into the different missions? Because I'm all for high taxation, but I kind of need some representation.

Ya know... Don't want those Commies to get all my money. It's equal work for equal pay, dammit!

On a serious note, I'm not positive if this is done for specific missions or a specific area which is where I'm confused.

Edited by jakdup1

So just to clarify, if I PLAY this solar rail, I deal with a high tax? But does that go into the different missions? Because I'm all for high taxation, but I kind of need some representation.

Ya know... Don't want those Commies to get all my money. It's equal work for equal pay, dammit!

On a serious note, I'm not positive if this is done for specific missions or a specific area which is where I'm confused.

Only whilst playing within the solar rail in question. If you click, say, Akkad on Eris, which is a Dark Sector node, and the clan running has imposed a 12% tax, if you earn 20,000 credits you only actually get 18,600. Star chart nodes are completely unaffected and Dark Sector nodes do not give you star chart mastery XP.

And some people like myself find that ridiculous and want to change that. 

Other people like some of the commentators on the first page of this post think it's fine to be charged an arm and a leg for something that should've been free to begin with because they think that because they have enough credits there isn't a problem.

It doesn't help that people side with whoever pays more during the actual rail conflict times and Eclipse always seems to pay out more so they always win and that's not good for newer players like yourself. 

Where do you get the idea rails should be free? I think you will find DE put taxes into dark sectors to support the rail and allow battle pay to be paid out.

If i was gonna run a rail and both sides had 0% tax promises and no BP I wouldnt bother running it, they are that boring to play.