Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm A Bit New Here

EverythingNagato

Hey everyone.
I joined a week ago, finally just getting around to the forums.

So far I have a level 30 excalibur, and a level 30 boltor.
I have a, what some of you call, a blue potato, and was wondering if I should apply it to my boltor.

Also, I'm close to unlocking the Rhino warframe

I'm still a bit new, so if you could give me some tips on how to become better, that'd be great.

Thanks!

-EN

Welcome!

I'd suggest saving the potato for Boltor Prime. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

How to become better? Well, try to grab some elemental damage mods and rank up Serration/Hornet Strike. Oh, and rank up Vitality/Redirection.

I'm going to need to get a golden one to apply some more mods, but vitality and redirection are at 120% at the moment.

Meh, getting Boltor prime is going to be a challenge, but I'll wait for it. 

Save the potato for a weapon you really enjoy after testing some out. Do you happen to have a clan yet? They help a lot.

No, how do I get one?

Boltor Prime is leaps and bounds better than regular Boltor. If you can wait, save the potato for the Prime. But if you really can't wait, go ahead and potato the regular Boltor, you'll get other potatos later.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

I'm going to need to get a golden one to apply some more mods, but vitality and redirection are at 120% at the moment.

No, how do I get one?

You have someone invite you. I'm the only active member in mine, but I'd be more than willing to lend you a hand.

Yeah

No, how do I get one?

You can find a clan here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/169-pc-recruitment/

Just ask for an invite and you check your mailbox ingame. Press Accept.

But yeah you should join a clan! There are tons of fun benefits.

Edited by iLogan

Welcome to the forums!

The basic flow is to continually level new frames and weapons from 0->30 for mastery points and to build a collection. During this time you find mods, which you continue to fuse together to make your mod collection stronger. Strength and progression comes from mods. Potatos, forma, and ranks are just there to let you equip more mods.

Warframe is in the process of slowly bringing itself back to developer intent, from a mess of overpowered simple skills and power creep within weapons that saw some really crazy powerful guns get added. Don't lean too hard on one weapon because it has high stats, and don't expect any one frame ability to carry you with huge damage, unreasonable CC or absurd defense. We have seen several major popular skills get reworked to require gameplay already, and the devs are still working, with hints that a gun rebalance is coming after that.

My only advice for getting better is to learn the Damage 2.0 chart. No matter what nerfs or buffs do to your weapons if you bring the right damage type with the right mods you should do fine assuming your weapon type works for the situation. Don't want to try and defend against a hundred infested with a sniper rifle that has a small mag and four second reload even if it one shots them.