The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Mag's Crush Crippled Enemies?

Vaskadar

Let's see... If this happened, I might actually equip Crush on my Mag Prime instead of using that spot for Natural Talent to cast Pull and Shield Polarize faster. But, considering how long Crush has been useless and ignored, I doubt anything like this will happen soon, though I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE it does.

Love it!

Don't care about the "realism" angle, but I love the idea of Crush having a permanent debuff effect on targeted enemies.

EDIT: Probably won't happen because there's already a permanent effect - reduced health, and also because there's no target limit on the ability currently. It might be too much.

Edited by Bassem

Its description would imply that the bones are broken through the magnetization of the iron in what is presumably their blood and marrow (which would also imply really really incredibly strong targeted magnetic powers that could probably crush the ship that Mag's inside, too), but let's ignore that for now. You're crushing their bones. The enemies are typically alive after suffering from Mag's tickling crush. It needs something more than just a temporary and short respite from their unrelenting onslaught.

What it should do is cripple targets (since their bodies are being broken), slowing them down, or inhibiting their ability to aim, or even manage slight recoil due to the extreme pain they should be suffering. Maybe make them suffer neural damage? Perhaps randomly select the crippling effect, such as nerve pain, paralysis, broken legs, broken arms, that kind of stuff.

What these various effects would do.

-Broken legs: cutting their run speed in half, a common after-effect of crush

-Broken arms: impairing their ability to attack, via either greater inaccuracy or weakened melee attacks, made approximately 75% weaker, a common after-effect of crush

-Nerve pain: clutching their heads for a short duration, sometimes inducing more nerve pain when trying to attack, an uncommon after-effect of crush

-Paralysis: Unable to move or attack, simply stuck on the floor, the most infrequent after-effect of crush

You got my +1.

I can't help but think that Crush should get Headshot damage on Corpus Crewmen/Techs, considering the giant chunk of metal encompassing them.

In addition, perhaps an armour debuff for Grineer? If' they're using Ferrite armour (and I assume alloy armour involves Ferrite) then it is presumably quite susceptible to magnetic influence, going off the name.

But yes, it should definitely have some sort of immobilizing/debuffing effect on enemies, considering its description.

Edited by Xenoraptor

• 1 month later...

all i know is the enemy corpus humanoids and grineer have really strong bones, they must be coated with adamantium like wolverine to be able to walk around after mag 'crushes' them like they do now 

wolverines bones are not coated with adamantium, they are adamantium