Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

Halcyon stepped into the room, thanking the little firefly not, pretty sure it wouldn't care, but liked it's design, reminding him of an old human show. He walked over to the bed, whistling "you can't take the sky from me." He stopped at the bed, attempting to open his void locker in order to get some repair tools for his warframe, discovering he couldn't without his helmet, he would have to wait until Natalia and Omega returned. He laid on the bed, getting up to lock the door before going back to go to sleep.

Aero's head arched over to Theta the second she talked to her. Smiling as she explained, she nodded her head in agreement and acknowledgement.

"It sounds nice," She said, "But, I'm not too sure if I'm hungry right now.She had the faintest of frowns as she discarded Theta's offer of the cafe, but reassured her by asking, "Where is it, exactly?"

Umbra passed by Rose and Lysandra outside his ship. He was surprised that neither of them had moved. Elruse barked at him as he passed, but remained seated next to Lysandra.
"Hey everybody! How we all doing?" Umbra said.
"Fairly good." Lysandra replied. "What's got your mood so high all of a sudden?"
The Ash shrugged. "Got a well-paying mission. Oh, and Dirge is dead. Shame I didn't have a bell with me."

Theta points down one of the streets. "It should be a bit down that way. Wouldn't take too long to reach."

Aero nodded her head gently, following Theta's point, spotting the mentioned cafe not to far away.

"Huh, thanks Theta." She said softly, looking back over towards her. Soon enough she was scooting closer, glancing between Maria and Theta, a faint smile on her lips.

Edited by Y0she

The delicious aromas of citrus and coffee wafted through the windows of the Cafe, enticing all that passed into slipping through its glass doors. The floor manager on shift was there to greet them as they approached, bowing in welcome before gesturing to empty tables near the windows.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Slowly, Aero rose to a stand while carrying her helmet at waist height. She glanced over her right shoulder at Theta,

"Bah, let's head to that cafe, I suppose I'm rather thirsty." She said with a faint glitter in her eyes as she smiled.

She arched her helmet-carrying hands behind her back in which she clipped the helmet safely to a receptacle on her suit.

Then she uprighted herself, relaxed her arms to their sides and waited for Theta.

Edited by Y0she

Theta stood up, carefully holding Maria with one hand as she picked up her bag and flung it onto her back. Once that was done she once again held onto the small child using both hands.

She pointed to a direction before walking towards it. "I(t's right down there, follow me" She spoke with a smile, beginning to head to the cafe.

Theta stood up, carefully holding Maria with one hand as she picked up her bag and flung it onto her back. Once that was done she once again held onto the small child using both hands.

She pointed to a direction before walking towards it. "I(t's right down there, follow me" She spoke with a smile, beginning to head to the cafe.

Nodding, Aero began walking alongside Theta towards the Cafe.

Soon enough, they entered and the floor manager on shift posed a brief bow then motioned to one of many tables.

Aero nodded at the gesture and began to guide Theta towards the directed table.

Sitting down on one of the two chairs, she placed her forearms on the beige table and glanced about the busy cafe.

"Boy, it even smells nice here." She commented, a faint smile on her lips.

Her eyes looked towards Theta then and a question arose; she announced it, "So, where's your erhm.. husband?"

A buzzer beeped on Halcyon's warframe,and he opened an eye, knowing that was the buzzer to indicate a message, but knowing he had no way to look at said message, he groaned, but held up his right hand, looking at it and flexing it, activating an invisible interface and putting in a key code to start opening the void locker to retreive his communicator.

Umbra checked the time on his HUD. He didn't really know if he was on a deadline, but time was a-wasting.
"I had better go. Keeping an employer waiting isn't a good idea." Umbra doffed a holographic top hat. "Cya's both later."

"Don't get killed out there, Brother." Lysandra called after him as he embarked. "Although, knowing you, you'll most likely try."

Umbra headed straight for the bridge and began undocking procedures.

"This is the Intention of Regret, requesting undocking clearance."

Theta sat down on the second chair, placing her bag below the table. Maria was occupying herself by lightly slamming the apple onto the table.

"Yeah, it does." She said in response to Aero's comment.

In response to Aero's comment however, Theta shook her head. "No husband. Little Maria here isn't even mine, I'm just taking care of her for my brother." She let out a small chuckle. "I'm not even old enough to marry yet."

Embrac had finally, after getting lost in the underground tunnels for a bit, arrived at his Orokin Liset. He entered, contemplating if he should enter the Arcadia again in civilian clothes, should the Frost come after him.

Coming to the conclusion that the Frost was very unlikely to come after him for revenge, and that the chances of them running into each other by chance was extremely low, he put away his Weapons and Utility pouch, beginning to take off his frame.

Theta sat down on the second chair, placing her bag below the table. Maria was occupying herself by lightly slamming the apple onto the table.

"Yeah, it does." She said in response to Aero's comment.

In response to Aero's comment however, Theta shook her head. "No husband. Little Maria here isn't even mine, I'm just taking care of her for my brother." She let out a small chuckle. "I'm not even old enough to marry yet."

Embrac had finally, after getting lost in the underground tunnels for a bit, arrived at his Orokin Liset. He entered, contemplating if he should enter the Arcadia again in civilian clothes, should the Frost come after him.

Coming to the conclusion that the Frost was very unlikely to come after him for revenge, and that the chances of them running into each other by chance was extremely low, he put away his Weapons and Utility pouch, beginning to take off his frame.

Aero nodded her head in understanding.

"Oh, okay." She said, glancing to her left and to her right curiously.

Theta paused for a few seconds before continuing once again.

"Hey, you said you were an ex-Corpus. Why is that?"

Aero glanced over and sighed softly at the question.

"I didn't like the Corpus' ways. They'd get normal people aswell as Tenno and turn them into something they don't want to be. They're also completely money-crazed. I may be a merchant of sorts but I'm in no way as blind as them. They're just horrible..." She stated, her right hand supporting her sinking head.

They were soon joined at their table by a cheery young waitress with long, dyed blue hair.

"Welcome to the Creamy Sands cafe, may I take your order?" she inquired. She hit a button at the edge of the table as she spoke, activating hidden emitters to project a menu upon the table. The cafe served all sorts of coffee, tea, and a selection of baked food and dessert. Chef's picks changed according to the staff on shift. The current barista's special was the alcoholic Exta Mug, while the patissier prided himself on his steamed crabcake buns.

"Oh... Well, i guess that makes sense. I guess it's because of people like that that I'm training to be a Tenno. Bring those people to justice, help the people who need and try to make a difference, you know?" Theta turned to the waitress as she approached and smiled, before turning to the menu as she tried to choose something among the seemingly endless amount of things that the cafe had to offer. "Ummm..."

Maria looked at the menu, and upon seeing the word "apple" before a word she comprehended as "pie" she stretched out her small arms towards the word, trying to reach it as if the word was the dessert itself, all the while saying "Apple" in a strained voice as she tried to break free of the hold, Theta trying to hold back the child without causing her much harm or discomfort.

After trying to get Maria to settle down without success Theta out a sigh as she turned to the waitress. "Can I have an apple pie for her please? But just a little one."

"Certainly miss." the waitress replied, conveying the order via datapad to the patissier in the kitchen. "Anything else for yourselves? Tea, coffee or hot chocolate perhaps?"

Nodding slowly as Theta explaind what she wanted for her future, she offered a faint smile towards her as she ordered her food. Glancing briefly at the waitress, she soon answered fluently, "I'll just have a tea, please. Add alot of sugar in it aswell."

She then looked at the table and scratched her right fingertips at it in an idle fashion.

Edited by Y0she

Umbra checked systems while he waited. How long does it take for someone to give exit clearance? Maybe the transmitter was broken.

Umbra broke out into song in boredom.

"I don't want to set the wooooorld on fire
I just want to start a flame in your heart."

(OOC: Thank you Fallout 3 for introducing me to some 50's classics. And Moira Brown.)

Umbra finished his fifth or sixth repeat of the tune before deciding to do something else. Namely, re-trying the communicator.
"This is Tenno-owned Corpus corvette Intention of Regret, requesting permission to leave the station." Umbra said.

I could hack the docking clamps from here, you know.

Umbra switched off the communicator. "Keep that in reserve. I don't want a lifetime ban from this place. It is rather quiet, when people aren't wrecking it."

Most civilian installations are, by necessity. Can't have a civilian station where guns are constantly firing.

"Unless you are an independent station living in the middle of Grineer and Corpus territory and want to stay independent."

Forgot about that one.

Umbra sighed. "They had really good wine, too."

Nodding slowly as Theta explaind what she wanted for her future, she offered a faint smile towards her as she ordered her food. Glancing briefly at the waitress, she soon answered fluently, "I'll just have a tea, please. Add alot of sugar in it aswell."

She then looked at the table and scratched her right fingertips at it in an idle fashion.

"Certainly. Will that be all?" the waitress asked again.

Umbra finished his fifth or sixth repeat of the tune before deciding to do something else. Namely, re-trying the communicator.

"This is Tenno-owned Corpus corvette Intention of Regret, requesting permission to leave the station." Umbra said.

I could hack the docking clamps from here, you know.

Umbra switched off the communicator. "Keep that in reserve. I don't want a lifetime ban from this place. It is rather quiet, when people aren't wrecking it."

Most civilian installations are, by necessity. Can't have a civilian station where guns are constantly firing.

"Unless you are an independent station living in the middle of Grineer and Corpus territory and want to stay independent."

Forgot about that one.

Umbra sighed. "They had really good wine, too."

"Follow lanes E4 or E12 to exit the Hangar. Thank you for visiting the Arcadia Night Market."

Metal groaned as the docking clamps were released. Helpful hovering signbots lit up the way to the exit lanes, all the while bowing to every ship that passed with their rusty bobbleheads. "Thank you, thank you!" they chimed.