Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

Umbra tried to wrap his head around the extremely long and broken sentence Urza said, but found no logic capable of being salvaged from it. Aside from the 'getting dropped' metaphor.

"Join the club." He muttered melancholically, sipping his beer again. 

Urza nodded thoughtfully,

"Now that's hostility, not quite what I'm looking for. But getting warmer. So come on, channel that anger, show me that this kitten has claws. Or at least stop being mean. You can be one way or another, not both at the same time. I'm a bad person, no family to cry for me, no one would notice if you burned me to a crisp like you so want to, it won't be hard, just a 'pew, kaboom!'." She said, making the sound effects and making hand gestures.

-edit-
(OOC: lost track of everything. Nevermind.)

Umbra wondered if he should stop drinking his beer and check on Rose and Urza. Last thing he wanted was everything to blow up again right after he got back.
In fact, intervening with anything between the two might cause an explosion. Do nothing, and wait for an explosion, or intervene, and cause the explosion. At least in the latter option there was the option of controlling the blast, should it occur.
Leaving a credit chit on the counter and his beer half-finished, Umbra walked out of the pub and made way to the nearest bench. Rose seemed to hang around those quite often. Additionally, there weren't all that many benches around the Market, oddly enough: mostly just chairs cobbled together with arm-rests removed. Very well made, though, but are they still benches?

Probably shouldn't get into a philosophical debate over woodwork, Umbra thought to himself. Leave that to the nonsensical authors.

Edited by Ghost333

Umbra spotted Rose and Urza. Even from a distance, Umbra could tell that nothing was going well.

"Is everything alright here?" Umbra asked.

Operator, you know nothing is alright here. Why are you asking?
Umbra didn't answer the Cephalon. Probably wasn't a good idea, given the situation.

Umbra spotted Rose and Urza. Even from a distance, Umbra could tell that nothing was going well.

"Is everything alright here?" Umbra asked.

Operator, you know nothing is alright here. Why are you asking?

Umbra didn't answer the Cephalon. Probably wasn't a good idea, given the situation.

"I'm trying to have a conversation here, and there's something sitting on the projection of my schizophrenic mind." Urza growled, "Oh wait, I was thinking of one of the Tenno, mistaking this sorry excuse for a tenno for my imaginary friend, the bipedal Kubrow." Urza said, figuring she should probably lay off at this point, but unable to stop herself from one last jest.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Umbra tilted his head slightly at Rose's comment. He wasn't sure if that was genuine or sarcastic. The then hit the side of his head a couple of times, each accompanied by a metallic clang. Faster and more efficient processing power, my pristine steel posterior, he thought to himself. Can't even run 'emotions' without getting a damn run-time error.

"Wait for Frosty to respond, for one." Umbra said, looking back at Urza again. "And try and get my augments sorted out. I think I am losing my mind." Umbra tapped on the side of his head a couple of times. "Wait, who were you two again?"
"Operator, please tell me that was in jest." Sudo buzzed over the external intercom.

"Don't worry. Nothing major is missing. I hope."

Urza shrugged,

"In all honesty, I'm trying to get Rose here mad, but it looks like she's a pacifist, and now that I've gone and made her almost mad, she'll hang onto that forever and not let it go, even if I say sowwy." Urza said, making the baby voice again at the end of her sentence.

Urza took the punch, stepping back so as not to fall, and turning her head to look back at Rose, wiping a trickle of blood off her face and looking at the blood, which changed from red to blue to green, stopping as it came to gold colored. Urza grinned,

"Now that's what I wanted to feel." She chuckled, cracking her neck and knuckles as she stepped forward.

While the tiny bar lacked any bouncers on security detail, the commotion finally drew enough attention from passing crewmen. A pair of broad-shouldered parking enforcement officers with Provas hanging by their waists stepped in to break up the fight, holding up their hands and shunting the enraged Ember away from her tormentor.

"Now now ladies, let's not get physical." one of them said loudly. His partner smirked and added. "Well a little catfight is nice and all, but can't have people hurting each other in the friendly little market can we?"

(OOC: Damnable time-zones.)

Umbra tried to break up the commotion a couple of times, but stumbled backwards as a result of an awry punch or two. As the parking warden arrived and restrained Rose, Umbra could only sigh dejectedly.

"Why does this sort of thing only occur when I'm around? I never hear of riots or fights in civilian areas when I'm out on missions, but the moment I'm off duty, duty follows me into the bar and starts wrecking everything and steals the jukebox." He sighed again. "And I have no idea where that metaphor was going."

Operator, YOU stole the jukebox.

"Hey, the bartender tried to crush me with it. It was old-world tech! I wasn't going to let a classic like that be ruined!"

Tuckr, the officers' aren't touching Rose at all.

The flames did little against the shielded gloves of the parking attendant, but the attack drew several gasps from the crowd. The attendant seemed perfectly fine however, though the smile on his face was gone.

"Miss, this is my last warning to you to play nice, or I'll have no choice but to be handing you over to those officers. Like those over there?"

As he spoke, his partner comically pointed to a pair of local enforcers exiting the security office in the distance, wearing rugged shielded coats over armoured jumpsuits and toting heavy-caliber Lex handcannons with enough punch to bring down a Bombard.

The burns did nothing to Umbra, partially due to his shields, partially due to his Warframe and mostly due to any living tissue was no longer external.

Oh, this ain't good, Umbra thought to himself. "Rose, calm down. Don't do what I think you are about to do."

Rose got up to Urza and punched her stomach as hard as she could.

Urza blocked again, catching her fist and lifting Rose off the ground by her hand, seeming to grow slightly taller so as to be able to.

"You're starting to hurt my feelings now." She chuckled, the dents in her armor going away as she refined her form, her warframe going from the thick, strong armor of a Frost down to the size and shape of an Ember Prime. "How're you going to burn me now? I'm fire retardant." She said smugly.

"Sudo, how is that lockdown program going?"
Still not ready. It's quite annoying trying to program something that locks down a Warframes locomotion.

Umbra sighed. His options were limited in this situation, but finding something to break up this fight was swiftly moving up the list of priorities. He suddenly wished he had brought a handgun with him.

He teleported to Urza and wrapped his arms around her chest and neck and pulled backwards in an attempt to pull her down. If that failed...well...
I honestly should think much further ahead in the future, the Ash thought to himself.

The flames did nothing to the Ash. His shields held out against the thermal assault easily, and in the event they did fail, fire still wouldn't be able to do much against internal temperature regulation.

"Stop fighting the pair of you!" Umbra shouted. "This is a civilian station, damn it! Most of the people here are trying to get away from the fighting; the last thing they want is you bringing it here! Lotus knows that's happened enough times."