Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

Umbra and Sudo both fell silent when they walked into the bar. It wasn't much, but it was a bar with alcohol. The Ash walked up to the counter and greeted the two drones.

"I'd like the strongest thing you have available." Umbra said.

The MOA nodded its tiny head, then fished out a dusty bottle from a shaft beneath the counter. Uncapping it, it handed it to the Osprey and set down a glass upon the bar, which the Osprey then filled with the smoky clear-coloured liquid. Ceres's infamously staggeringly-strong and sharp-tasting Exta Brew, reputedly endorsed by the subordinates of Lech Kril himself.

"I do think I just said I ripped it off a guy." Urza responded to Rose's redundant question, "I was thinking about selling it to the corpus, can you imagine every prodman equipped with an arm like this? The legend of John himself would start to lose value with the feats those guys could pull." She chuckled, waving it around a little.

Urza laughed, but gave her the arm, letting it dissolve into a small swarm of nanites which floated back to Urza, whirling in the palm of her hand,

"Only joking, I didn't rip his arm off." She responded, "But I did need a conversation starter. And that one works pretty well." She said, holding back a couple giggles as she cleared her thirst to straighten her face.

Urza smirked, frost gathering around her,

"I'd not do that if I were you." She said, shrugging as her helmet sealed in place. "I've actually been wondering about you, I've seen you before, and can hardly believe you could be called tenno." She taunted yet, the ice gathering into ice crystals on Rose's hand.

Urza sighed,

"Well, I tried, you almost had my respect for a moment there, grabbing my neck like that, who'd'a thought you were as fragile as a snowflake." She said, generating one of the ice particles between her fingers before crushing it. "I'd almost thought I got you angry for a moment, I can't believe you just shut down like some prissy little girl who's afraid of her own shadow."

"Could I get a beer?" She called, and looked at Umbra, "and one of whatever he's drinking?" She added, indicating the other tenno with a thumb.

The MOA nodded and slid a chilled can of beer across the bar using its tractor beam.  Meanwhile, its Osprey partner poured her a glass of the Exta Brew and gingerly set it down in front of her.

(OOC: And this is what happens when I return during school. Mein gott.)

Umbra just sat quietly, drinking his beer during the entire tiff between Rose and Urza. Probably not a good idea to get between an annoyed Ember and a trolling Frost. Or stuck between and Ember and Frost, period. Took weeks to replace all the servomotors.
The beer was exactly as it was advertised: sharp and extremely strong. If Umbra weren't 98% cybernetic augmentations, it would probably have knocked him backwards into the Orokin Era. Instead, the Tenno was more worried about it not causing him to forget about his last mission, and slightly less worried about it corroding anything. A quick search on the internet removed that last worry, however.

"Yes." Umbra said bluntly. "Yes you do."Couldn't you have done with less beige, Operator? Maybe a bit more purple?

Umbra sighed. Since when did AI's get narky over prose?

"I'd made that assumption. That question was rhetorical," Urza responded, just as 'beige' as Umbra "I acted like that because I am afraid, for someone who's a lot like Rose, almost exactly like her, I need to know if she still has the ability to fight back, you've seen Rose try to defend herself, hek, she was about to shoot the ground while aiming at me before, I am very afraid, that my life could fall into her hands if I decide to stick around with you people. I just want to know that I won't be dropped, expelled as I was once before. I hope you can understand that." She explained, paying for her drinks and Umbra's and leaving.

Edited by ultimatumcore