Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusives

ThatKrazyMiniMike

Braton Vandal wasn't a Event Weapon so it's excluded. First and only Vandal Event Weapon was the Snipetron Vandal. All the other Vandals were closed beta exclusives. No closed beta = no Braton/Lato Vandal. It's that easy.

Yeah, Braton Vandal was a gift to all closed beta players wasn't it? Yeah im pretty sure everyone knows that a dead topic xD

I'd like to see the Cicero and Tethra mods added to the Nightmare pool. I participated in the events and have all of them. They're very good, and with DE's recent habit of releasing high status chance weapons, incredibly useful. I just wish the Founders program was available on PS4 so I could've bought Grand Master.

Founders Gear will never again be released due to legal issues. If DE would release FG again, every founder would have every right to sue them and demand their money back, because they were promised exclusive items and the items are no longer exclusive.

No, FG will never come back, EOT.

Only other rewards that are 100% exclusive are Lato Vandal that was given to every Closed Beta Tester and (I'm 90% sure) Braton Vandal that was given to all people participating in Open Beta Weekend.

Brakk and Detron were never promised to be exclusive. Only (semi)exclusive weapons are Wraiths, Vandals and Dex.

Reported for CM to observe/lock.

Not only would no founder Sue because of something so stupid, they can't. The EULA States that DE has the right to add, subtract, or remove completely, any and every item without notice, without reason, and without needing to refund or compensate anyone. Please learn to read up on your facts before you act like you know what your talking about.

Well, in the US you can sue for absolutely anything, so it's not that they couldn't sue, just that they'd be unlikely to win.

But Warframe isn't limited to the US.

Laws differ significantly between different jurisdictions, and there's significant questions about whether the EULA would override customer protection laws in any given place.  European protection laws have been found to override any and all EULAs if I recall correctly.  Perhaps some reading on the variety of consumer protection laws around the globe is in order?

It's kind of a moot point anyway.  DE's already made their stance on that crystal clear - multiple times.

The deal, the contract is "Player will get exclusive content if he give us $XXX".

The content is no longer exclusive, therefore the contract is breached. It's like a guy selling one of a kind motorcycle and promising - on paper, in the contract - that he won't make another motorcycle that is the same, that it's only one of it's kind, exclusive and unique. And then, after getting sh*tload of money from you he starts mass-producing them. Exactly the same as yours, for 1/10 of the original price. It's clearly against the law.

And yes, in US you can sue for anything (I read about the cause when some guy sued God), and in Europe customer protection laws tend to override any EULAs.

The deal, the contract is "Player will get exclusive content if he give us $XXX".

The content is no longer exclusive, therefore the contract is breached. It's like a guy selling one of a kind motorcycle and promising - on paper, in the contract - that he won't make another motorcycle that is the same, that it's only one of it's kind, exclusive and unique. And then, after getting sh*tload of money from you he starts mass-producing them. Exactly the same as yours, for 1/10 of the original price. It's clearly against the law.

And yes, in US you can sue for anything (I read about the cause when some guy sued God), and in Europe customer protection laws tend to override any EULAs.

Did founders sign a contract when they bought the founders package? If so I've never heard of it. They may be able to sue, but they would lose in an instant.

Call of duty has done this before, with just about every installment of their game. Example, they advertised that if you preorder ghosts, you get exclusive access to the mw2 ghost mask. Just a week ago it was added to the market for 2.00. Has anyone sued them, has anyone quit playing because the item that they were promised was exclusive was no longer so? Nope, not one lawsuit, not one player stopped because of it.

There's a statement right in the beginning of the EULA that states that you own NOTHING in the game, no matter whether you bought it or not.