Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recording Warframe

Not_Oliver

Question

14 answers to this question

I would recommend OBS as well as I have I used it to record Warframe already and the quality is very good. I may have to give you the settings for recording a good high quality video. You have to work the settings which is pretty simple to do. I would not recommend Fraps as:

1. You have to pay for it.

2. The file sizes are way too huge and breaks mid-way in some recording.

3. Also it reduces your fps by 1/2 so good luck with that.

I usually record with Dxtory, but I can't launch warframe with it. 

How do you guys record Dxtory? Please no fraps :3 

OBS? 

I use nvidia Shadowplay. Anyone with a 600 series video card or higher can access it using GeForce Experience. Works off the encoder embedded on the video card so their is no FPS loss.

Dxtory...would run for me if I alt-tab out of warframe after loading and then run Dxtory. Or you can try Warframe in x32 (32-bit) mode.

Edited by RawGritz

I use nvidia Shadowplay. Anyone with a 600 series video card or higher can access it using GeForce Experience. Works off the encoder embedded on the video card so their is no FPS loss.

Dxtory...would run for me if I alt-tab out of warframe after loading and then run Dxtory. Or you can try Warframe in x32 (32-bit) mode.

i use what he does and it works very good.

Yup, this works. Now I'm just comparing OBS sizes to Dxtory sizes. With Lagarith Lossless, it looks like Dxtory wins :3 

EDIT: Ty everyone for helping :D 

Edited by Moving_Target32

Yup, this works. Now I'm just comparing OBS sizes to Dxtory sizes. With Lagarith Lossless, it looks like Dxtory wins :3 

EDIT: Ty everyone for helping :D 

DxTory beats shadowplay with many more features and options to tweak. You can only get 1080p out of Shadowplay. But there is no fps loss so it's gold in that regard.

But DxTory with lagarith lossless. Mm mhm mm.... So gooooood. Good choice.  Record up to 4k rez I believe.

Edited by RawGritz

DxTory beats shadowplay with many more features and options to tweak. You can only get 1080p out of Shadowplay. But there is no fps loss so it's gold in that regard.

But DxTory with lagarith lossless. Mm mhm mm.... So gooooood. Good choice.  Record up to 4k rez I believe.

Here are examples of shadowplay

I use bandicam but I don't know of others except Fraps.

Fraps is bad due to fps drops.

I can't try Shadowplay since I'm using an AMD card. 

I might try OBS and Dxtory later. Looks good and Dxtory's trial drawback is the logo being displayed

What's the drawback on Play Claw's trial version? Their site did not give any specifications 

EDIT: Nevermind, google says its just a watermark 

Edited by Ambisyon_Ni_Batman

Playclaw and DxTory are very similar with DxTory allowing for more tweaks and codec options. Playclaw has a lot of settings too. But last I looked DxTory was ahead.

DxTory is what most Youtubers use, like JackFrags and Frankie1080p