The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Since Update Cpu & Gfx Running To Hot

oldskoollozzy

Hello Warframe

I got update last week and Hotfix, then I did not try to play until weekend But since then its been trouble for me,

when loading, Screen is flickering Black and scarring across Hydroid image almost half way up screen from bottom,

I turned off Steam in-game to see if overlay was issue but actually got worse.

Sitting on main screen solar planets Pc begins to really ramp up Both CPU & Graphics Temps Sit way to high for me  

Cpu Pushing up to 50 and graphics not far behind at 40 - 45 Degree Cent.

And when going into a game climes up to 55 which is way to hot for this cpu when this game is not even demanding on it normally

And my graphics fans are burring my ears off. I can even hear the power clickers stepping in just after a couple of mins in game.

I looked at everything my end first but all is clean and testing fine with everything else high demanding games Steaming video editing maxing it all and still sits under 50 on cpu and graphics hardly breaks a sweat.

Jumped on kids old pc today very old intel duo 1.8ghz with only old amd 5640 1gb GFX and 2 or 3gb old ddr 2 ram run game in 32bit DX11 and it played pretty good and did not even struggle or break a sweat ran many games and nothing hardly any heat rise silent as a mouse..

Its almost like there is two games running at the same time, But I did notice in a survival game last night, At the centre hallway pod lift thing room. lol.. it gives a reflection.

I could clearly see the Main solar plants and my Rhino Prime Warframe that I logged in on i was not using that frame in game Oberon i think. But as i had turned steam off ingame could not snap shot.

I have tried everything high, med , low everything on / off no difference Normally set on high with most on except Bloom and colour correct .

My specs just in case.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit complete up to date on updates

Amd 8350 8 core cpu

R9 Hawk Graphics latest and current Amd Driver pack

16GB 2400 ram

hybrid ssd

I run no other programmes while gaming steam and game as normal, I sometimes stream Warframe while playing so i know my normal temps in warframe

Run game at 1920 / 1080 fullscreen but since update it zoomed in so much looks more like 1200 x 800 stretched out 

and when in game field of view is totally out it sits very low behind warframe and Ai looks x2 bigger you end up shooting there feet because of aim and view placement but i will get screen shoots and do a fresh post more worried about overheating

thanks in advance 

When was the last time you dusted your ventilation? I clean mine on a weekly basis and I rarely have issues.

EDIT: Posted before I read the whole post. I am ashamed.

Edit2: Are you sure your fans are working properly? It may be clean but are they running right? Failing that, you might consider reinstalling WF tonight as you sleep. Perhaps your update glitched.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Not even going to comment on some of these replies

Thanks taiiat for your link seems its not only my who has overheating issues with warframe

And it is warframes issue <<<

I am sure if most of you are gamers on here we know how to build and look after our rigs so comment above are pointless..

And as stated tested mine before posting, I can play more demanding games and stream them while play music, on Skype got lots running in background, and nothing near the temps WF alone is ramping since last update THEN THIS IS A WF ISSUE <<< REPEAT.

I posted lower spec being able to play WF kinda ok but this was intel and that was my point

Is there a problem with AMD & ATI support in warframe  and if so is it being looked at... I have to run every thing low and off just to keep around 50 deg and my Vcore is pushing near 60 deg

AS STATED JUST INCASE YOU MISSED IT!!....  ITS A WARFRAME ONLY ISSUE EVERY THING ELSE IS FINE

PLAYED WF FOR MONTHS ON ALL HIGH SETTINGS TILL UPDATE and not go above 40 deg<<<<<

PLAY OTHERE GAME RIGHT NOW AND STREAM THEM LIVE WHILE ON SKYPE AND DONT EVEN GET NEAR 40 DEG...;

New Update !!

well I don't know if intended or not but update tonight fixed allot and tested good so far played many games and a long t3 surv. Vcore and CPU now match temps, Vcore no longer rising upto 60 deg  & cpu above 50

Played for over 1hr 30 mins and both don't rise above 45 deg & graphics 30 deg so far so a big improvement not as cool as it used to be but much better if intended or not.

So to the sceptics out there YES it is a warframe issue ..

Thx for patch at least I can play again and not Smell my pc cooking its parts needs more improvement but good start .