Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are 5 Weapons You Will Keep Forever?

(PSN)xHCG4Lifex

Primaries...

5 - Mk1 Braton. This girl took me through a lot... I even potato'd and forma'd her once, back in Damage 1.0, when she was quite good.

4 - Drakgoon. Only shotgun I've every used that I liked. No falloff, can reach out and punch someone at long range with a full charge, even does pretty lights flying everywhere.

3 - Dera. After reading the wiki entry... Recoilless, perfect accuracy.... Oh man I blitzed to M5 as quickly as I could. Still love her, but she is quite meh at the current moment.

2 - Snidal. I was up till 4AM during that event to help secure these things for everyone, and when the event ended, oh my this sweetheart of a gun was mine and many others' facorites. Still a sweetheart, but desperately looking forward to the sniper buffs so long as they deliver what is needed

1 - Lanka. My queen, once the Finger of God, capable of doing over 1m damage in one shot when set up propperly for it (back before Heavy Cal and when 6.5x was the highest Sonar could go... Before Bane mods, when Kril could be killed during his Ice phase...You know, back when 1m was INSANE)... Alas, she fell when Damage 2.0 came out, and was unjustly ignored when all of the other snipers were buffed to 25x2 from 20x1.5. I pray the sniper buff comes out and returns her to her throne. Her recoronation will be a joyous occasion.

Secondaries

4 - Lex. My first taste of a weapon that told enemies to "F*** off", this thing was *amazing* when I got her. Way better than that Lato... so much so that I didn't even finish ranking my Lato at that time.

3 - Twin Vipers. When I got these, they quickly rose to my most-used weapon. To the point where they're *still* my "most used" weapon, in spite of them remaining in my armory almost permenantly now. Really wish I had the Wraiths, but that event actually made me ragequit. Hoping at some point they'll make event weapons tradeable and I'll be able to enjoy them.

2 - Dual Cestras. Ever wanted to start a sweet rave party on a Grineer Galleon? Honestly I hated these things until I finally got to equip both Lethal *and* Diffusion at once with Steady Hands on them still. Then they became quite nice.

1 - Twin Gremlins. John Woo Reload Moments, the joy that was using them back in Damage 1.0.... Wish they were a tad stronger than they are now (they're quite weak, unfortunately), but as Damage 2.0 strived to do, all content up to 20 minutes slash 20 waves is quite possible to carry with a potato and some forma on nearly any weapon.

Melee

1 - Orthros Prime. Having a melee weapon that hits nearly as far as the Ignis can is just insane. She still hasn't caught up to my original Orthros in kills, but she's close.

1 - Dual Zorens. Absolutely love them in combat since Melee 2.0 came out- Tiger Stance + Zerker on them is crazy fun. Also, thanks to constant derelict runs, I've gotten really really good at controlling my coptering.... which is funny, because I also recently got good at the slide-flip loop. This has taught me that coptering isn't necessary- but a fun little bonus thing.

I honestly can't decide which of these I like more, so I gave them the same rank =P

I cannot help but smile and laugh when I read "Finger of God", because it reminds me of the olden days when everybody with the right mastery rank would be carrying around a potatoed and multiple-Formaed Lanka.

I too, await her recoronation.

In the meanwhile, my five weapons are: Snipetron Vandal, Strun Wraith, the Stalker set (too bad, it's all one to me), Dual Ichors and the Ether Daggers I potatoed back in Damage 1.0.

Obex, I love it more than any other weapon I've used, speed mods and fire+ice mods let me punch at the speed of light and send ancients skyward. I'll love it more when I get Brutal Tide and my Valkyr wins the Tenno Breakdancing competition. 

Grakata, the first gun I ever crafted, I still have it in my inventory. Although it usually gathers dust, I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon.

Dex Furis, these dual machine pistols convinced me to keep playing the game when I was a lowly MR2. Their high DPS let me take down the tough guys stopping me from getting further and they are still my go to secondary for when I think I'll need more firepower.

Dread, the only bp I've gotten from killing the stalker, nice headshot damage with awesome punch through (especially for a bow). I don't know what it is but I really like just walking around with this thing out.

AKLex, like my favorite frame they pack much more of a punch than you can tell from their looks. AKLex+Valkyr=Tomb Raider IN SPACE!

1. Soma (Ive got 4 forma in my soma and its shreds everything. Im keeping it forever)

2. Angstrum

3. Penta maybe (I only say maybe because I havnt yet tried the ogris)

4. Kunai (it makes me feel like a real space ninja)

5. Orthos Prime (Its by far my favorite melee weapon in the game especially with shimmering blight)

I almost put dread up there because so far its the only bow Ive used and liked (the only bow i havnt used yet being paris prime).

Edited by kuri99

Ignis, Tigris, Dera, and Karak.

Tigris Prime may replace Tigris in the future, and I'm saving a spot for the Silva Aegis. :)

It was very tough not to put Vectis / possible Vectis prime on this list. Old school DoD player and unreformed KAR @#&*(. The hip fire bolt action comes very natural to me, but I can't drop any of the above to put it in the list. It's a very solid #6.

Boltor, Akbolto, Gram, Torid, Serro

I could list more that are up there as my favourites. I don't list them because they're good. I just think they're fun to use.

Boltor because it was the first gun I built. Akbolto because it was my 5th Secondary and also my favourite secondary and the Gram and Serro because they are my favourite melee weapons.

The Dragon Nikana is strong but I only use it when I'm going to stay a while.

Obex would've also but I thought I'd give my Serro a bit love lovin' :D

Gosh there are so many good choices....

Boltor Prime, Dual Ether Daggers, Phage, Synapse, and Amprex 

Any event or exclusive weapons as well such as Wrath Twin Vipers

Edited by Kade974

The 5 weapons I'll always keep with me:

1.  Twin Gremlins - love everything about these.  Took me about 50 runs to get, but they were worth it.

2.  Ignis - I love flamethrowers.  The main reason I wanted MR 4 so badly.

3.  Orthos - I got it early, and it's remained with me ever since; it was even my sole melee weapon for a time (MR 2 through 6).  I keep it mainly for sentimental reasons (and its awesome looks).

4.  Orthos Prime - does everything the Orthos does, but better.  Looks sweet too (though not as good as the original Orthos, sadly).

5.  Amphis - my anti-Corpus, Grineer-built, lightning staff is awesome in every way - I couldn't be happier with it.

Edited by castem