Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Lacks Satisfaction In The Completion Of Missions... They're Too Easy

yOGZULA

I think this is for a few reasons and one of which is the most damaging to the difficulty scaling of warframe and that is melee being so integral to the gameplay. I love melee weapons and think they're super fun to use but making melee combat so prominant in warframe means that you need to be able to tank enemies. This means that warframes are designed to take a lot of damage so they can stay in melee range for a while, obviously. The problem with this is that the game then becomes -far- too easy when using guns. You're super tanky and can easily take cover to regen your shields. This isn't a problem that can be solved unless the mechanics of meleeing get changed. Perhaps reduce the health and shields of all warframes (or increase enemy dmg) and make all melee attacks grant the player shields based on their damage. This would mean you need to be smart about how you approach melee and you need to be percise with your attacks instead of just standing in the middle of a group of enemies tanking everything. This would also solve the gunplay being too easy because you'd no longer have such a huge shield to tank enemy fire for long periods of time without covering.

The missions, possibly for the same reason that the game is too easy, lack a feeling of satisfaction. They are super easy and uninteresting and so are the bosses. I really hope to see the missions overhauled to be more interactive and interesting and the bosses to be more challenging and require players to manuver more.

I am guessing since you are new that you are likely still on the first planet or maybe the second, those areas are infact rather easy but just wait till you reach higher level content where a lot of things can kill you in 1-3 hits if you're not careful.

Difficulty scaling is something they seem to be tweaking. If you were on the forums the other day, there were plenty of threads complaining of too high difficulty. Same deal after update 7's mod overhaul. The more recent difficulty change was brought down a bit, "splitting the difference."

They also have added new enemies with abilities to take you down harder from time to time (not so recent, other than bringing back things that have been temporarily removed).

Also, considering your post count, what Deathstrik3 said.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I've played every planet except for Europa, Sedna, Eris, and Ceres. The difficulty of every planet that I've progressed to feels pretty much the same. I've scaled just as much as my enemies have and I'm still 1-2 shotting most things with charged melee or headshots. I'm still absorbing large amounts of damage and able to play very aggressively (my warframe is mag).

Even if the difficulty does become challenging in the last few planets, does completing missions feel interesting or rewarding? They all feel very bland to me. My favorite game for a while has been Payday: The heist. Also a co-op shooter with many similar gameplay mechanics as warframe. Warframe has a lot more customization and the controls feel a lot more fun to play... but the game overall does not. I think that's because the difficulty is not well balanced. I don't feel challenged.

Even when they do work out enemy balance, the missions still feel bland. The bosses feel bland. When I complete a mission I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. Even the first time I rescued a hostage or did a defense mission it didn't feel like I've accomplished anything at all. The missions just generally are very uninteresting.

This is all meant to be constructive criticism by the way so I'm not looking for emotional responses. I really like this game and think it's one of the best co-op shooters in a long time. The control scheme is really awesome and it's what is keeping my playing the game. However, when the novelty of running along walls and flipping wears off I don't think I'm going to have much reason to keep playing.

I've played every planet except for Europa, Sedna, Eris, and Ceres. The difficulty of every planet that I've progressed to feels pretty much the same. I've scaled just as much as my enemies have and I'm still 1-2 shotting most things with charged melee or headshots. I'm still absorbing large amounts of damage and able to play very aggressively (my warframe is mag).

Even if the difficulty does become challenging in the last few planets, does completing missions feel interesting or rewarding? They all feel very bland to me. My favorite game for a while has been Payday: The heist. Also a co-op shooter with many similar gameplay mechanics as warframe. Warframe has a lot more customization and the controls feel a lot more fun to play... but the game overall does not. I think that's because the difficulty is not well balanced. I don't feel challenged.

Even when they do work out enemy balance, the missions still feel bland. The bosses feel bland. When I complete a mission I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. Even the first time I rescued a hostage or did a defense mission it didn't feel like I've accomplished anything at all. The missions just generally are very uninteresting.

This is all meant to be constructive criticism by the way so I'm not looking for emotional responses. I really like this game and think it's one of the best co-op shooters in a long time. The control scheme is really awesome and it's what is keeping my playing the game. However, when the novelty of running along walls and flipping wears off I don't think I'm going to have much reason to keep playing.

+1 i Totally agree, and ive played every planet by now ^^

Oh. Play them first before posting a thread like this.

I'm just saying the scaling so far has been very poor. Also that is not my only point. Even if the scaling is made more difficult on the last 4 planets I've made mention of other issues with the game that I would like to discuss or hear what you think about.

Also I can only imagine how easy the game must feel as a warframe like Nyx, Rhino, Trinity, Frost, Loki, Ash who all have very strong survivability skills that allow them to take no damage at all and fully recharge their shields. This invincibility lasts between 7-15 seconds which just seems absurd to me. I'm playing as a warframe without a single defensive ability and it feels like I take way too little damage as it is.

I'll take the word of people playing on the last 4 planets that you die much faster, though, so lets talk about bosses and missions feeling bland and uninteresting instead. I think there are a lot of apparent and obvious ways to make boss fights more interesting. What about making the missions feel more interesting without having to completely overhaul any of them?

I'm just saying the scaling so far has been very poor. Also that is not my only point. Even if the scaling is made more difficult on the last 4 planets I've made mention of other issues with the game that I would like to discuss or hear what you think about.

You'll feel the spike in difficulty in those maps. Especially the spawn rate at Sedna.

+1 i Totally agree, and ive played every planet by now ^^

There've been a lot of arguements about this and many people like it both ways. Some want to play the game with the fun of killing S#&$ as if they were super beings who can completely annihilate the enemy and those who wish for the game to be played as if it was Dark Souls difficulty. Just a couple days ago the devs set the mobs on a insanely sadistic level, at least for those who are relatively new to the game like myself which is just 1 week, on Ceres and the other higher level planet and honestly I didn't feel like playing anymore. It's all individual opinion. Luckily in Update 8 it seems they will add the option to choose difficulty level. Deal with the so called "easy" gameplay and wait for update 8 to get ur lol get 1 shotted and get more frustrated difficulty please.

I've played every planet except for Europa, Sedna, Eris, and Ceres.

ROFL THIS!

and i knew, I TOTALLY KNEW another "This is too easy for me" post was on it's way, and the person who made it most probably someone who havent cleared half the systems (the high level ones), would be on it's way in no time. and TADAH!

To : the post above mine

yeah these people here, havent even cleared the entire systems, but already going around this is too easy... probably they dont do past wave 30+ defense too.

And with all that, they decided yeah maybe let's get everyone elsed nerf regardless of how they are doing or feel.

Not to mention it was only less than day"s" ago that the game was made ridiculous difficult, and everyone is complaining, look up more on the forums before these "game is too easy post" and also play more first.

Edited by Ascension

Also I can only imagine how easy the game must feel as a warframe like Nyx, Rhino, Trinity, Frost, Loki, Ash who all have very strong survivability skills that allow them to take no damage at all and fully recharge their shields. This invincibility lasts between 7-15 seconds which just seems absurd to me. I'm playing as a warframe without a single defensive ability and it feels like I take way too little damage as it is.

I'll take the word of people playing on the last 4 planets that you die much faster, though, so lets talk about bosses and missions feeling bland and uninteresting instead. I think there are a lot of apparent and obvious ways to make boss fights more interesting. What about making the missions feel more interesting without having to completely overhaul any of them?

To 1st Paragraph : hahaha, nice typically mercury and venus talk that don't play defense like how "endless defense" are to be.

To 2nd Paragraph : Agree to make boss fight more interesting or more boss etc.

Not to mention it was only less than day"s" ago that the game was made ridiculous difficult, and everyone is complaining, look up more on the forums before these "game is too easy post" and also play more first.

It wasnt ridiculous, it was super awesome and the best night i had in this game so far, me and my friends were actually challenged for the first time, and YES ive cleared every planet.

Guess he hasn't fought against Hyena, Grineer rollers and all that fun stuff yet.

Also, you should keep in mind that this is still beta and it should be quit obvious that some bosses are only placeholder (Not all of them, of course).

So yea, never played on Ceres, Sedna, Eris or Pluto and saying the game is easy is..uh, not the best idea.

I am sorry to say that, but you sound like someone that has just got into the game, playing Mercury, Venus maybe even Jupiter. Look at the forums and all the posts that came up when enemies entered "sadistic mode" about 2 days ago.

It wasnt ridiculous, it was super awesome and the best night i had in this game so far, me and my friends were actually challenged for the first time, and YES ive cleared every planet.

Ok... you win, u wan a medal?

Good luck if that "super awesome and best night" which wasn't the case for many of us if u just look at forums, is brought to stay.

Besides u totally have a option of doing defense wave.... up to way above like 50? or more? so go do that instead of trying to make everyone suffer for ur enjoyment

Edited by Ascension

Hey, you want S#&$ to be hard?... Try hiting glowing targets that keep flying around and are more annoying to hit then a @(*()$ Grinder Roller, six times in a row without missing a single shot... No?... What, wasn't the game easy?... Then go do the lvl5-6 Mastery Rank... Go ahead, make it look easy...

Hey, you want S#&$ to be hard?... Try hiting glowing targets that keep flying around and are more annoying to hit then a @(*()$ Grinder Roller, six times in a row without missing a single shot... No?... What, wasn't the game easy?... Then go do the lvl5-6 Mastery Rank... Go ahead, make it look easy...

i've fought plenty of rollers and they aren't hard to hit

and all of the flying units too. I've been playing with a paris and hitting them just fine...

Sigh looks like nobody listens nowadays. People been telling you to go and try the maps first and here you are disagreeing with almost every post.

Guess the Messiah complex is really contagious.

i've fought plenty of rollers and they aren't hard to hit

and all of the flying units too. I've been playing with a paris and hitting them just fine...

Trust me when i say, you have no idea what is ahead of you when the lvl5 to 6 Rank Test comes... Pray that they actually tweak that S#&$ up, because otherwise... Well, the best i have to say is, try to hit one of those nervo balls with a Paris 6 times in a row, without missing a single shot with less then 1 second BETWEEN shots... Oh, and you only have one chance at this per 24hours... So ejnjoy your Ospreys and Rollers while you can, kid...

Sigh looks like nobody listens nowadays. People been telling you to go and try the maps first and here you are disagreeing with almost every post.

Guess the Messiah complex is really contagious.

Ok... you win, u wan a medal?

Good luck if that "super awesome and best night" which wasn't the case for many of us if u just look at forums, is brought to stay.

Besides u totally have a option of doing defense wave.... up to way above like 50? or more? so go do that instead of trying to make everyone suffer for ur enjoyment

1. People argue that you need to clear all planets. He does and now you are like "so what".

2. The very notion to measure the game's difficulty value in endless defense mode is beyond mental. Endless defense is a minigame at best. You are trying to evaluate Final Fantasy 8 based on its totally optional card game system mate.

3. I have cleared the high level planets the "i want my stuff easy" kiddies cry about, and the game IS god damn easy. Especially with this ridiculous shield and health boost.

Edited by Aerensiniac

1. People argue that you need to clear all planets. He does and now you are like "so what".

Guess he hasn't fought against Hyena, Grineer rollers and all that fun stuff yet.

I've played every planet except for Europa, Sedna, Eris, and Ceres. The difficulty of every planet that I've progressed to feels pretty much the same.

Read?