Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Please Explain X-Men: Days Of Future Past To Me.

AVEOX

Because I keep thinking what we saw was just an altered memory of Bishop.

An altered memory would change only HIS memory...

I would've believed it more if he physically went back to the past and saw his past self.

So I'm pretty convinced they all died.

Also how can Kitty Pryde do this?

Pretty much everything thing we know about the comics and the movies fell of existence with this DOFP but it was still pretty cool! Loved the ending and the return of one of my fav characters/actress in the movies. And that teaser after the credits hmmmm!? So awesome!

Pretty much everything thing we know about the comics and the movies fell of existence with this DOFP but it was still pretty cool! Loved the ending and the return of one of my fav characters/actress in the movies. And that teaser after the credits hmmmm!? So awesome!

Whoa?!?! for real?! You mean this event DID NOT happen in the comics?

What the hell? Why would they do that?

Days of future past does happen in the comics (although the other x-men movies do not as far as I know). The other person is mis-informed.

I havent seen the movie yet, so I cant say much else :x

Lol... it happened... of course it happened but not like in the movie... and u are trolling me. :D Nice one. :)

Days of future past does happen in the comics (although the other x-men movies do not as far as I know). The other person is mis-informed.

I havent seen the movie yet, so I cant say much else :x

What i was trying to say is that they made a few/major changes to the original story from the comics... not just in DOFP but also in the previous X-men movies, adptations to the big screen and all.

EDIT: Also Bryan Singer  had to come up with a few things to fix the S#&$ that Bret Ratner did in X-Men 3

Edited by Bazools

Lol... it happened... of course it happened but not like in the movie... and u are trolling me. :D Nice one. :)

I'm not trolling you. I was genuinely clueless. I never read the comics.

My dad had a huge collection but I was like 5 and I probably ate all of them.

Days of Future's Past was made so the terrible, terrible, terrible Brett Ratner abomination that ruined the entire Dark Phoenix Saga (that even the cartoons got right!) never, ever, ever, ever, eeeeevvvveeeer happened.

You're welcome.

That guy^ just said it all! 

Doesn't quite explain the flashback of Wolverine (when young Xavier reads his mind, I think) where he stabs Jean in X-men 3, though. Unless thry only retconned the Professor's death, and not cyclops and whatnot.

But yeah. X men 3 sucked.

Doesn't quite explain the flashback of Wolverine (when young Xavier reads his mind, I think) where he stabs Jean in X-men 3, though. Unless thry only retconned the Professor's death, and not cyclops and whatnot.

But yeah. X men 3 sucked.

Okay, so... To sum this up..

At the end of X-3, there is a post-credits scene where doctor Moira (remember the CIA lady from First Class?) was observing a comatose patient and the patient suddenly talks with Xavier's voice. Canonically speaking: Since he is a powerful telepath, he was able to transfer his consciousness to a body with no brain activity. As to why he is still Patrick Stewart... Well.. That could just be seen as terrible story writing.

He is also seen again with Magneto at the mid-credit scene of "The Wolverine".

Anyway~ The reason Jean and Cyclops were alive, was because of the changes that Wolverine made in the past. So, like I said, they made it so that terrible, terrible, terrible, Brett Ratner abomination that was X3, never happened. Jean didn't die at the end of X2 and go Dark Phoenix, thus Cyclops didn't die and Wolverine didn't have to kill her.