The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Crewmen To Proxy Ratio In The Shipment Alerts: Step In The Right Direction

Tuxie

The Crewmen/Robot Proxy ratio in the new shipment alerts is a step in the right direction, the Corpus as their lore states, is a merchant cult that heavily relies on robotic proxies, they ether don't have cloning technology or refuses to use it after seeing the Grineers and their body degeneration from cloning, but yet in normal Corpus missions there are like two or three crewmen for every MOA. It'd make sense for the Grineers to have endless soldiers to send at you due to their mass cloning culture, but it makes no sense to see hordes of crewmen coming at you like mindless lambs to slaughter.

Now we just need to see the same ratio in these events be applied to other Corpus missions

I agree, even if we need more variation in the moa units.

Another thing i loved about this mission was that even tough the ennemies arent high leveled, they are strong and numerous but they are also very weak.

I havent had a good challenge in warframe in a long time.

I dunno. Its already kind of dull to fight guns on legs. We need more variation

This is more variation. Since we get enough dudes with guns from the Grineer.

There still needs to be a balance though, theres like 6 kinds of crew + eximus variants needed for the scanner.

Edited by Dualstar

i still don't really buy the whole degeneration from cloning bit with the grineer. you'd think that a society that relies on cloning for it's survival would do more research on repairing/ altering DNA.

Edited by marbatico

i still don't really buy the whole degeneration from cloning bit with the grineer. you'd think that a society that relies on cloning for it's survival would do more research on repairing/ altering DNA.

well wasnt that Tyl Regors job?

Well, it is stated in the lore that the Grineer just quickly salvaged some cloning tech from the times of the Orokin and overwhelmed Earth with numbers. Nowhere does it state that they developed said technology, which is why they are degenerated. Also, they're better at fixing broken bodies than making bodies that work to begin with.They try to reverse it, but with Tyl Regor being continuously killed by us, they're not making a lot of progress.

I like it too. However, I wish they'd introduce new MOA behavior that includes dodging, because right now they are sitting standing ducks.

Agreed, it looked like those MOAs can be pretty agile, with their strong looking legs and all, it'd be awesome to see them hop around to dodge attacks from time to time.

We're getting more variation though, like the Riot MOA and most likely more to come.

im excited to see how that one turns out and hopefully it kicks butt Edited by Aeon66

I didn't look at submissions but we could get some other robots things besides MOA right?

It's possible, the Cargo MOA looks cute as hell and the idea of the hoverboard is interesting.

The degeneration was probably something they couldn't have known about until it was too late and it became irreversible.

Something like the Asgard from Stargate.

Which is what Tyl Regor is doing.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Warframe's lore makes little to no sense whatsoever.

The degeneration was probably something they couldn't have known about until it was too late and it became irreversible.

Something like the Asgard from Stargate.

they clone their bodies. cloning starts with a single cell, change that cells DNA and BOOM, the entire organism will get that DNA.

also, it's a bit silly for them to have ONE team under Tyl Regor work on it if you look at all the benefits it could bring them (not that the way they're handling it right now is so bad, but they could get worse mutations in the future than just body mutations (most of the gineer seem of average intelligence right now))

Edited by marbatico

This is more variation. Since we get enough dudes with guns from the Grineer.

There still needs to be a balance though, theres like 6 kinds of crew + eximus variants needed for the scanner.

I really don't see it.  Most of the Corpus enemies are literally guns on legs.  They don't make the nice squishy sounds and get cut in pieces with organs and body parts and blood when you kill them.  They're not even humanoid like mechs or robots in other games, they are literally guns on legs.   Compared to other enemies I personally find them boring and dull to fight. 

What we need is more robot types, like actual droids or mechs.  Like ones in Starwars, or maybe even Enslaved, ones that can transform, move fast, and are fun to cut into little pieces.  And there need to be a a cpl of badass Corpus soldiers that will actually fight and then a few crewmen that will RUN  AWAY! when they see fighting, because those guys are more like engineers and maintenance crew to fix things and operate them.  It makes no sense for them to do suicidal charges at hyperlethal space ninjas destroying everything on the ship.  They need to try and GTFO when they see danger and let the guns on legs do the fighting.  

Edited by Beas7ie