The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's About Time I Stopped Listening To Players

RustyNaps

They are very good.

Have you seen Hind? It's status climbs to a 92% with multishot. And you can stack so many damage values, it will literally proc at least 2-6 statuses depending on what you have on.

I'm thinking about building that one again too.

I haven't used my hind in a long time... infact I forgot it existed... Maybe I should go play with it again.

People still believe in that broken burst fire calculation?

It's not broken, it's just showing you the accumulative damage per burst.

Have you seen the Burston Prime?  :)

I have unfortunately though I don't keep primes due to plat trading and the fact I hate looking all fancy. Prefer grit. Also saves me money :P

It's not broken, it's just showing you the accumulative damage per burst.

I have unfortunately though I don't keep primes due to plat trading and the fact I hate looking all fancy. Prefer grit. Also saves me money :P

It is.

Quote from myself;

What do you mean?

Boltor prime does 55 damage and fires 10 rounds per sec, so its base burst dps is 550, ignoring crit bonus.

going far off topic

Also, the burst weapon dps'es at warframe builder are just outright wrong.

Just look at burston prime burst dps, 1170 at warframe builder.

Where's that number come from?

They just 3x damage and then multiply it by fire rate.

What's wrong with that?

It can only fire again after all shots in the burst are fired. And there are delay in between bursts.

So they have to take those delay into account to calculate the dps. Not just slap 30x on it.

To calculate it:

According to wiki(i don't trust it, tho), burston prime has 10/s burst rate and 25/s fire rate.

See, time it takes to fire all 3 shots is around 0.12s and the delay is 0.1s.

So the time it takes to fire a burst and ready to fire again is 0.22s. In other word, the burst rate is 4.55/s.

That means theoretical burst dps of burston prime is 4.55x3(shots per burst)x39(damage) = 532.35 , ignoring crit bonus.

Yes. Personally i started my own project for warframe that keeps me going. I want to do different builds like my infested build I am working on, consists of Saryn, Synapse, Tysis, Scoliac. Why? because it looks cool... the only reason why. For my corpus build im going Volt, Dera, Detron, Serro. If the weapons suck or not. I am simply building them because they look awesome together.

It is.

Quote from myself;

Huh did not know. 

Sicarus still does a good amount of damage though even with the fixed Value. Deff gonna buy it and make it my new Corpus killing baby.

Embrace the boat pistol.

Yes. Personally i started my own project for warframe that keeps me going. I want to do different builds like my infested build I am working on, consists of Saryn, Synapse, Tysis, Scoliac. Why? because it looks cool... the only reason why. For my corpus build im going Volt, Dera, Detron, Serro. If the weapons suck or not. I am simply building them because they look awesome together.

I honestly love all the weapons you mention, though I don't have the Synapse, and I'm still having a hard time modding out Saryn. Tysis is such an awesome proc machine. 

Sicarus is well geared towards Corpus since it lean towards impact dmg. Nonetheless have fun with the game man. No one should tell you how to have fun, only you, yourself, and nobody else knows better. If you think its for you, try it. 

Heh...

"Sicarus is better than Kraken DPS wise!"  - Showing builds that give the Sicarus a 73.32 DPS difference.

Meanwhile there are some non-DPS stats that the builder doesn't account for - Such as the huge recoil on the Sicarus that makes hitting with the entire burst at medium-long range annoying or difficult. The Kraken's significantly higher status chance. The additional ammo efficiency the Kraken has when firing a 2 round burst vs 3 round burst.

Do you guys even play with an item before assuming it's crap?

Yes. I try out weapons with the assumption that at worst they'll be average - Even if everyone says it's crap.

Then after trying it out, I find out all the things that the builder doesn't show that contributes to why it's considered crap - Things like exactly how the fire rate and reload speed work out in-game (Especially fire rate on burst fire weapons - Builder is a bit wonky when it tries to figure some out), blast radius for AoE weapons (Things like the Stug videos show lots of AoE but in retrospect you see them only shooting at things in Vortex - Making it seem like it's AoE isn't garbage)

As far as the Sicarus goes - I tried it out because it seemed like it could be good with the intention of later moving on to the Sicarus Prime. But after getting it to rank 10 I'd already gotten so very tired of the recoil (While yes I could hit with all 3 rounds even at long ranges by sharply dragging my mouse down during each burst, this was very annoying to have to do for every shot and made headshots not skill but almost entirely luck based)

But that said, most if not all weapons can do pretty well - You don't really need huge DPS to take on the level 30-35 enemies found in outer systems/tower 3. Pretty much any weapon with enough forma will do enough damage.

Weapons really come down to preference, use what you find fun rather than what's best as it'll give you more enjoyment out of the game. - That said, for endless stuff, DPS does matter as you need enough kills to keep the Life Support coming in survivals and enough damage to not get overwhelmed by things in Defence.

80% of weapons in this game that are considered sub-par are actually really solid guns. The problem is that they aren't quite as good as the Marelok/Brakk/Soma/Boltor Prime and therefore get sold off or shelved before they can get the love they need to shine. 

It's why I hate the meta with people going for X items because the majority say they are the best. Unless you plan to jump into an hour long mission the DPS you are missing out on doesn't matter at all.

The day I stopped listening to other players was the day I truly started having fun with Warframe. Welcome to the club, amigo.

So true! DE has given us tools to truly make our weapons our own personal creations, built to conform to our own playstyles and our own sick fetishes, yet people tend to ignore the freedom they have, and google or youtube the builds that everyone else is using.. then complain that it's not what they want. Personally, i feel that you-tubing everything one needs to know about a game actually f&$*s up ones personal experience.

Who gives a S#&$ what everyone else is using, or what everyone else likes, as long as you're here to have fun. So forget the S#&$ people say about your favorite weapon, wear it proudly, and create your own brand of carnage the way YOU want!

80% of weapons in this game that are considered sub-par are actually really solid guns. The problem is that they aren't quite as good as the Marelok/Brakk/Soma/Boltor Prime and therefore get sold off or shelved before they can get the love they need to shine.

It's why I hate the meta with people going for X items because the majority say they are the best. Unless you plan to jump into an hour long mission the DPS you are missing out on doesn't matter at all.

Well, I do hourly long T3 Survs everyday so I don't really have time for a weapon that does 1/4 of the job. I need the job done. Edited by frostybe3r