The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Builds

Deidaku

Question

14 answers to this question

I would say focus around his first three abilities.

Shock is a nice chain stun. It counts as a one handed action so you can use it while running, sliding, reloading, etc. Very handy.

Speed is great. It increase your mobility and melee by a lot. Speed is effected by power strength, so if you want an even larger speed boost, throw in an intensify.

Electric Shield is amazing. It now deploys a huge shield, which you can in fact deploy multiple copies of, effectively making a wall, or sphere of protection against incoming projectiles. You will also do bonus electrical damage while shooting through the E.Shield, so it can be used both offensively, and defensively.

Speed and E.Shield are both effected by duration, so I would recommend Continuity and Narrow Minded.

Streamline and Fleeting Expertise to make your Energy used/Duration at a very nice cost effective level.

For the last two, I would put Rush, to further increase your dashing speed to unrivaled levels, and possibly a Redirection for shields.

So to Recap:

Shock, Speed, E.Shield. Intensify, Continuity, Narrow Minded, Rush, Redirection.

Give it a try yourself.

Edit: Typos.

Edit 2: Added that E.Shild does bonus elec damage.

Edited by Shuuro

I would say focus around his first three abilities.

Shock is a nice chain stun. It counts as a one handed action so you can use it while running, sliding, reloading, etc. Very handy.

Speed is great. It increase your mobility and melee by a lot. Speed is effected by power strength, so if you want an even larger speed boost, throw in an intensify.

Electric Shield is amazing. It now deploys a huge shield, which you can in fact deploy multiple copies of, effectively making a wall, or sphere of protection against incoming projectiles. You will also do bonus electrical damage while shooting through the E.Shield, so it can be used both offensively, and defensively.

Speed and E.Shield are both effected by duration, so I would recommend Continuity and Narrow Minded.

Streamline and Fleeting Expertise to make your Energy used/Duration at a very nice cost effective level.

For the last two, I would put Rush, to further increase your dashing speed to unrivaled levels, and possibly a Redirection for shields.

So to Recap:

Shock, Speed, E.Shield. Intensify, Continuity, Narrow Minded, Rush, Redirection.

Give it a try yourself.

Edit: Typos.

Edit 2: Added that E.Shild does bonus elec damage.

Isn't shock affected by range?

It is, but the range on it is still pretty generous even with a r7 Narrow Minded.

Concur... Speed And Shock here too with an occasional shield thrown on. Volt is the frame of options. Want to melee, you can. Want to stand back and Senator Palaptine? You can. Want to shoot a bunch of weapons, you can. Volt can handle any faction, any game type, and so many playstyles. 

In my opinion, Volt should be the balance stick that all other frames are measured by. 

Edited by (PS4)Count_Dante

+ it chains so i don't think it's that much of a problem

thanks for the tips :)

No problem. Here's another one while you're on the run. Literately.

While using speed, you may come across a group of enemies. Maybe even a few heavies that might even ground pound and stop your momentum. A good shock will make sure they won't be able to do that.

Enjoy Volt and all his prowess!

Yeah, Shock is still incredibly useful even without power strength or range.  Overload is like Mag's Crush, while it can be incredibly effective at lower levels it is greatly lacking at higher levels.  Every time I see a Volt use Overload I think about how they could have used 4x Shock, Electric Shield + 2x Shock, or Speed + 3x Shock instead.

Shock is and isnt affected by range.

What happens is the initial group of enemies hit by the ability IS affected by +range. So the number of enemies taking 100% damage is affected.

The affected enemies then proc electric, dealing another 50% damage to enemies in range. This proc is NOT affected by range.

So +range is great for getting more enemies to take the 100% damage, but it's not really relevant when using it as a stun as roughly the same range will be affected by the 50% damage chains, which have ~50% chance to stun themselves.

So TLDR Range is still good but not awesome.

The builds I use are:

Volt can do lots of damage, give super speed to the team, or plant lots of shields everywhere. Setup like this, Overload has a MASSIVE range, great for clearing low level maps.

Edited by Darzk